IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

1 minute ago, Bcfc82123 said:

Blimey £17m, I think I'm gonna look into hiring Mark Ashton to do any negotiations I need in life, the mans a genius!

Absolutely stunned if this goes through at this price. Regardless who comes in this transfer window will go down as the best ever in the club's history!

3 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

To be honest I can't remember a single think about Partridge the striker. Partridge the defender, however, was so shit he can never be forgotten! Funny how fame works I guess!

I remember him banging in 2 against Brum. Small lively striker good touch. Now I can't remember much about Dave Partridge I know he was crap but I really can't visulise him playing for us. Maybe in a lags xi

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Everyone is wetting themselves over the size of fee our top goal scorer is going to be sold for.

Im wetting myself over the fact we need to sign a good goal scorer ourselves!!

Imagine how worried you'd be if we didn't have Tammy!

1 minute ago, TRL said:

I remember him banging in 2 against Brum. Small lively striker good touch. Now I can't remember much about Dave Partridge I know he was crap but I really can't visulise him playing for us. Maybe in a lags xi

Partridge, D, was involved in the infamous nightclub fracas wasn't he? I think he came to us quite highly rated, another dud we found in the Scottish leagues

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Funnily I can see this deal getting nearer 20 million....because personal terms will be less of an issue. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Agree. Links nicely into this piece I read recently. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-set-pieces-blog/2016/aug/24/transfer-window-market-myths

The pieces about the actual cost including contract, who knows what re fees, player amortisation and the "war chest" fallacy are good reading and may shed some light on a few points re fees 

Have never forgot using BCFCs accounts in a training course and identifying the profit on Lita!

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Everyone is wetting themselves over the size of fee our top goal scorer is going to be sold for.

Having seen how well Tammy has done so far, I'm not too worried.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

That's very true. I hope it's all in hand as everyone is thinking. Is there really a player who will be perfect for us, right price, age, goalscorer etc just sitting by the phone waiting for the call? If he's that good it won't be easy to lure him away.  But in all honesty this has been going on for months I would think, we've only just been really aware for a few days.

10 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Im wetting myself about not pissing away the money we do get for our top goal scorer on some overpaid donkey.

Im going to be Mr controversial and say id rather see no one come and us struggle along with Tomlin, Tammy, Wilbs, the new boy from Forest etc, than us piss away shed loads of money in a panic buy.

Ive got a feeling loads of fans are going to be very annoyed come midnight tomorrow with what they perceive will be a backward step (no big name big money striker) but I also have a feeling Mr Ashton and Mr Johnson will be proved right in the long term. Id take 17 million for kodjia and 21st at the end of the season if it means we buy right.

.......That said, if you are reading Lil Lee (cos you obviously haven't much else to do!!!) Id much prefer we were in the playoffs

16 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Previous season's you'd be right PB.

These days we seem to have our transfer strategy pretty well organised, so i would be very surprised if we didn't go into the window with a contingency plan in case we should los one of our best players ( Kadjia being on of them) so potential signings had already been identified and initial enquiries made with clubs accordingly, so we are not faced with the last minute scramble that would otherwise result.

Of course I might be wrong and and LJ and MA are doing Corporal Jones impressions at their offices at AG as we speak!

3 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I would hope that if we do get this sort of deal done, we do 2 things.

• Sign Tammy and perm deal and make him ours 10M.
  • Sign a decent 10 goals a season beast to support him, he's only little.
  • Promote a couple of the youth players to the first team bench?

Maybe double that and Chelsea might start to think about even considering it...

7 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

That's four things

Has the fee gone up to 18 million yet and if not why not. I very much like the idea of bleeding our Brummie chums dry, selling them a faulty product. Imagine how much they would pay for someone like Tammy Abraham from Chelsea. I hear that not only does he bang in the goals, but he also stays onside and can keep his head up to pass when necessary.

28 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

At my age I wet myself for no reason these days

1 hour ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Here are our transfers from 20 years ago. Times definitely change.

IN

PLAYER FROM FEE DATE
Stuart Naylor West Brom Free 13 Aug, 1996
Shaun Goater Rotherham £175,000 17 Aug, 1996
Greg Goodridge QPR £50,000 19 Aug, 1996
Shaun Taylor Swindon £50,000 06 Sep, 1996
Paul Allen Swindon Free 16 Jan, 1997
Total: £275,000

OUT

PLAYER TO FEE DATE
Matt Bryant Gillingham £65,000 01 Aug, 1996
Richard Dryden Southampton £150,000 06 Aug, 1996
Wayne Brown Chester Free 30 Sep, 1996
Scott Partridge Cardiff £50,000 14 Feb, 1997
Alan McLeary Millwall Free 21 Feb, 1997
Kevin Nugent Cardiff £65,000 27 Jun, 1997
Total: £330,000

29 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Maybe we can go back to Rotherham and see if they have another "goat" for sale, we could even add a 0 to the fee we paid in 1996. :) 

20 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

£10m?  Are you on a wind-up?

Let's be honest here, Kodjia did - in the end - have a very good season last season. However, we all got a little frustrated with him from time to time, and he is rather inconsistent. I think that £15m is an absolutely insane price to get for someone like him, and we can definitely buy a player a few times better than him with that sort of money.

25 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I'm sorry, WHAT?!

Archived