IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

Don't think for a second he will go anywhere - YET. If anybody does enquire, we are actually in a strange situation where we would have a striker that despite being in a struggling team for most of the season, finished very high on the goalscoring charts.

For that reason alone, we can play hardball, quote stupid money, so that if someone does take him it will give us a nice profit and decent money to replace him, because we don't have anyone else currently that can score as many. Don't worry. Unless of course someone comes in with a £20m bid on transfer deadline day with no replacement lined up.....

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Seems to be gathering pace this one. Worrying.

It does. Some very confident "ITK" Derby fans on Twitter. Would be an absolute disaster even for £10m as we can't attract anyone even with SL's bottomless pit of cash. Money isn't the issue so it doesn't matter how much we got if the worst did happen. Really hope it's social media bollocks...

Hmm, a few of their supporters seem oddly sure about this. Very specific saying 'Kodjia is interested' etc which is interesting.

I wouldn't exactly blame him for being interested, good chance of promotion, more money and he has a friend who plays for them in Camara.

Slightly concerned about this, the things their fans are saying on Twitter are very specific.

If he does go though, has to be for a huge price. We don't need to sell (unless he has a clause?), especially to a championship rival.. From a PR perspective, it would be a very poor move. We couldn't replace his ability, goals and potential very easily for under £10m.

27 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

hmmm like our Canos thread that still has no more information then the Liverpool local post...... Not saying You had meant you believe the thread either by the way.

No point selling Kodjia unless we have a like for like replacement before we even sell him so the new striker club don;t hold us for ransom. Either way  if we do accept a bid I do see Kodjia waiting it out to see if any promoted Prem teams go for him or even a decent French league to come in. Would';t be surprised to see Burnely west Brom et al to come in come late August if they don;t get there 1st targets. Seeing as they have buckets of money 10 million is barely a dip in the ocean.

25 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

I know. Don't need to sell that's the deal...

I know. Just insane market. £15m rejected for a player that's never played above championship level(Keane from Burnley and may have got a few games for Man U not sure). £8m for Grabban, £10m for Gayle and 57.5m rejected for Deeney and Ighalo. I know most are prem players but it's trickling(maybe even more than that) down to our division and were being left behind. 

30 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

He can't be replaced by anyone we can afford so he is a priceless asset to us

Agreed. But before last season he was unknown / an unknown quantity. Maybe a big ask but there must be more like him, and to find him in the first place we must have an idea where to look? The Derby's and Newcastle's are looking for the known quantities.

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

4.5 million?

Sorry but I don't know why people are worrying, that is a laughable amount.

8 million minimun.

If they bid 9m or more then i'd be worried.

This is Bristol City! Of course we could undersell our best player!

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

I'd go if I was Jimmy. Derby are going up, and we're going down

Football Manager has decreed as much (it's on the BP website. I shit you not) 

Look on the Official Site. BCFC are 7th and Derby are 10th. Sheffield Wed, Wolves and Wigan are relegated.....and that's before the season has even started!

Archived