IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

19 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

His testimonial against Manchester was my first ever game. No wonder I got hooked!

Same here. That was maybe the 3rd time I'd been to the gate, but it was the one which got me hooked. 

24 years and many season tickets later, I'm still hooked. 

So I'm just about able to bear some of the cringeworthy threads that have popped up since last night, as I realise first-hand  just how much this game could mean to city in the future 

Manchester are hugely in our debt.

As a result of the 1909 FA Cup final they were able to use their share of the gate receipts and the prize money to build Old Trafford.

Once this was done and they were getting massively improved income and this set them up for the success they would go on to have.

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

What kind of response is there on the Manure forums?

Have we had a mention yet?

One thread by looks of it. I did laugh at this post

You are best off steering clear of the home end. Bristol City are up there with Cardiff and Millwall, off the pitch.

They have been waiting for this for years.

Many years ago, like maybe 20, they went up to Liverpool away with 9,000 fans and took many liberties.

Do not be fooled by the accent, the songs about Cider !, or the lack of exposure to the top flight.

This lot are a right bunch of nutters, and I'd say there will be plenty of trouble given United's away following also.

Come on United !

6 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Jumping in here because I couldn't find a link and didn't want to start a new thread, when will the new tickets be on sale? Wasn't too familiar with when the palace tickets were on sale, just managed to grab some a week before

Members and sc holders get an email when they go on sale.  Others will just have to keep checking the website.

1 minute ago, Super said:

You are best off steering clear of the home end. Bristol City are up there with Cardiff and Millwall, off the pitch.

Many years ago, like maybe 20, they went up to Liverpool away with 9,000 fans and took many liberties.

Do not be fooled by the accent, the songs about Cider !, or the lack of exposure to the top flight.

This lot are a right bunch of nutters, and I'd say there will be plenty of trouble given United's away following also.

Come on United !

Is Danny Dyer now a Manure fan then?

1 hour ago, Super said:

Come on United !

Well, really!

I got no problem with it personally.

People jerk off to hav<whatever his name is> official match day threads. I avoid them until it is at least 2 pages long because I find the original post and the bum licking nice thread “hav” rubbish mind numbing - I’m here to talk football, not history but each to their own at end of day.

I have no right to dictate that and I see no reason to dictate excitement about a big cup game; if that is this weeks hot subject then so be it - read it or not !!

11 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

What kind of response is there on the Manure forums?

Have we had a mention yet?

Took a look and all they are talking about is the Semi-Finals which suits me. Ok, a couple have said it won't be easy, and a bit tricky as we've knocked out the 3 other Premier Teams but most just think all they have to do is turn up and we're just going to roll over because it Manchester. Ok, we're probably going to get tanked, but you never know, it's a funny old game. Maybe we can play Frankie and Steele and hope they don't notice :laugh:

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Super said:

Come on United !

Pretty spot on assessment

8 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Took a look and all they are talking about is the Semi-Finals which suits me. Ok, a couple have said it won't be easy, and a bit tricky as we've knocked out the 3 other Premier Teams but most just think all they have to do is turn up and we're just going to roll over because it Manchester. Ok, we're probably going to get tanked, but you never know, it's a funny old game. Maybe we can play Frankie and Steele and hope they don't notice :laugh:

Won't we be vulnerable with just two keepers? :whistle:

• Admin
1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

/Absolutely no doubt that tickets won't make general sale.  It's a certainty. They will be like gold dust on the black market.

@wendyredredrobin how will they not make general sale? 

We don't have enough Season card holders and members to fill the ground

24 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Members and sc holders get an email when they go on sale.  Others will just have to keep checking the website.

I have experienced this is with Somerset Cricket - has this ever happened with the football

Football fans in ‘excited by big game’ shocker!

I much preferred it when every thread was basically a carbon copy of every other LJ out thread. 

Cheer up folks, can’t we just enjoy a bit of a positive atmosphere for once?! 

Come on @Super as a Liverpool fan surely you know how exciting a game against the big MU is!!

28 minutes ago, Neo said:

People jerk off to hav<whatever his name is> official match day threads. I avoid them until it is at least 2 pages long because I find the original post and the bum licking nice thread “hav” rubbish mind numbing - I’m here to talk football, not history but each to their own at end of day.

I have no right to dictate that and I see no reason to dictate excitement about a big cup game; if that is this weeks hot subject then so be it - read it or not !!

@Septic Peg's Match Day threads are better! 

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

@Septic Peg's Match Day threads are better! 

100% although she has not called any place we visit a shit hole for many threads.

She is one step away from telling us about Sunderlands historical significance to Creekwood, Oregon (presuming there is such a place) !!

3 hours ago, Super said:

Any chance Mods? getting a bit silly now.

I think the only way round this mate is to have the, "our," old Bristol City back. You know, the one with the East End of our youth, the financial meltdown, the decades of mediocrity and disappointing cup draws/ties v Gillingham, the inability to cope with second tier football, the failure to maximise our strengths, the weary acceptance that success is for other clubs because we are "miles from London/the north west" and a list of other spurious reasons (Swansea, ffs?!) why we should ever hope and expect better as long as Flint's arms, the hapless decision-makers in the boardroom, the pisspoor local derbies with dullards like Swindon and Rovers...................

You'll hate it if we ever get promoted from this division! 

47 minutes ago, Neo said:

Brave post. But totally agree with you.

Archived