IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES (Merged)

RedM

1 hour ago, TinMan's left peg said:

I have a season card in the lower Lansdown and have taken my 6 year old to several games this season and last by paying on the day for his seat.  I was planning on getting him a seat with me for next season but I now won’t be able to do this unless I either move to the upper tier away from my mates or buy him an expensive adult season card (is that what the club are suggesting? There’s not even an option for under 12 where I sit).  So basically I won’t be getting him a SC and the club potentially lose a new life long fan.  

At the moment there’s no info on whether I’d even be able to bring him along as potd next year for the odd match - are they banning kids from our section completely?!  

Good question...want to bring my grandson to a few games-if I'm allowed!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Done.

Am I also right but weren’t we led to believe we couldn’t have cheaper ST’s whilst all the building work was going on as we had reduced capacity, but once we had the full 27,000 available it was likely. This is the total opposite!

I remember hearing the same thing. Sad thing is it’s just more bullshit from the powers that be. We are no longer fans. Just customers. 

Took the liberty of finding the prices of season tickets for Bundesliga clubs, in order to make a comparison to what we're asked to pay for Championship football.

8ec3e52188739462b46325d8f6bd0b39.png

The light blue represents standing areas, and the price of a season ticket there.

The dark blue represents seated areas, and the price of a season ticket there.

The grey represents the price of the most expensive ticket you can buy at those clubs.

If we take the light blue as being equivalent to the South Stand, and the dark blue as being equivalent to the Lansdown "posh seats", we see that a Dolman Stand centre or Lansdown Wings ticket is more expensive that EVERY CLUB IN THE BUNDESLIGA, and our South Stand season tickets are more expensive than the "posh seats" at 10 Bundesliga clubs.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Compared to potd prices, but that's a whole other kettle of fish 

I agree. I don’t mind paying an extra £50 for my ticket when the kids were so cheap. But having to find £1340 for 4 children’s tickets is insane. 

The pricing of youngsters tickets in particular is indefensible as so many have said .

The variance of the adult increases from stand to stand  is also baffling .

My main point however is the bringing forward of the "early bird" sale of  keeping this years seat  by at least 2 weeks. Starts March 5th this year v March 20th  LY. Ends March 19th  v April 3rd  LY. Given the season won't start until August, with potentially our first home league match in mid August-how can Bristol Sport justify taking money from supporters 5 months in advance ! The interest earned on this money will not be very much (given current  low interest rates)  so why the rush to get the cash in ?

Surely not because at this moment in time there is a faint  chance will be playing in the premiership ....and if left until last years dates it would probably be obvious we are still in the  Championship with subsequent fall in demand.   The whole issue reflects extremely badly on Bristol Sport at a time when the Club needs the backing of all fans  as we reach the vital last 12 games. Complete rethink urgently needed.

58 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Wouldn't surprise me, I haven't bought a season ticket for over a decade, and have glanced at the thread a few times whilst playing with the kids!

In essence, what is the main issue?

The main issue is trying to push all children into the upper Lansdown by removing children's concessions from other parts of the ground.  This frees up more expensive adult seats for potd or season ticket sales.  However it reduces the childs match day experience.

At the same time they have increased considerably the centre Lansdown and centre Dolman seats in the hope that some occupants will move to cheaper areas of the ground freeing up the most expensive seats for potd.

They have increased pensioner seats by considerably more than the equivalent adult seat in all areas of the ground.  I have no idea why they have done this other than they can.  It seems a bit  niggardly to me and potentially age discriminatory.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Big club like Dortmund, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Fenerbahce, Galatasary etc. All have STs for around half of our cheapest. This is greed, nothing more. Huddersfield did it, why can't we. Don't accept it mate. Push back

Huddersfield had 12k crowds, and thought: we need more people in here. How do we do this?

6 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

The main issue is trying to push all children into the upper Lansdown by removing children's concessions from other parts of the ground.  This frees up more expensive adult seats for potd or season ticket sales.  However it reduces the childs match day experience.

At the same time they have increased considerably the centre Lansdown and centre Dolman seats in the hope that some occupants will move to cheaper areas of the ground freeing up the most expensive seats for potd.

They have increased pensioner seats by considerably more than the equivalent adult seat in all areas of the ground.  I have no idea why they have done this other than they can.  It seems a bit  niggardly to me and potentially age discriminatory.

Well, without promotion, their grand plan will go tits up. There will be vast swathes of empty seats in the centre of the main stands because happy clappers will not pay inflated potd prices to watch mediocrity in the Championship. 

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Realistically, does any actually think the club will do anything to change this given they are ready to start selling next week?

No. I would be very surprised, indeed staggered if this was changed now. They must have spent months going through figures, hours and hours of work wasted if they now backtrack, but more than this someone will have to admit they were wrong, and I can’t see that.

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Realistically, does any actually think the club will do anything to change this given they are ready to start selling next week?

The only way a change will be forced is for all STH’s to not to renew straight away - club will go into blind panic - just like the midfield!

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

No. I would be very surprised, indeed staggered if this was changed now. They must have spent months going through figures, hours and hours of work wasted if they now backtrack, but more than this someone will have to admit they were wrong, and I can’t see that.

I imagine they have worked through several models - primarily to cater for a number of on-pitch scenarios. 

Its about whether they want to change it. Not whether then can. 

7 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Just looking through the EFL website, clearly stated there is “age discrimination will not be tolerated “

correct me if I am wrong but forcing young fans to move seats in this way is discriminatory 

https://www.efl.com/supporters/inclusion--anti-discrimination/

"... EFL is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination incorporating direct, indirect, associative or perceptive discrimination "

Hi.....I'm Melksred and I'm a cash cow.

Wouldn't mind the increase if we were chasing the Prem.....or in 2nd spot in the championship at the moment.....7th....not in the playoffs (currently)....£70 for potentially the same product next year......if this were insurance.....would you be looking elsewhere?

P155 take.

Sorry I haven’t had time to read all the pages / posts since last night...so may be covering old ground / repeating stuff.

.....why as a current SC holder in Wheelchair Section A4 of the Lansdown stand can I not buy the appropriately aged ticket?  I shouldn’t have to pay the u22 price for Joe, who will be moving up from u12 bracket to u19.  In fact I'm not sure whether the grey boxes on the OS even allow me to buy an u22 ticket.

I don’t want to sit in the family area, up in the gods, both Joe and I are happy mixing in a predominantly adult section.  If I was worried about him picking up bad language, I'd have chosen the family section in the first place.  Physically Joe doesn’t want to be in the top tier, nor eyesight wise either.

If the club had plans to make certain sections of the ground more costly, they should’ve been transparent with their plans as we all got moved around the ground to accommodate the redevelopment.  Lots of others on here are more greatly impacted than me, e.g. big groups of mixed child / adult SC holders.

I’m sure it has all been thought through, because it will be based on £ signs.

The club have reached the 20k average, seen what can be done when a big club comes to town and tried to maximise income.  They haven’t done their due diligence with the fans, maybe they’ve misjudged our DNA. Maybe those new Season Card holders are the reverse of new signings - they are for the now not ones for the future.

Assuming Joe can remain in his seat, I can afford £255, but I don’t think it represents VFM and therefore I won’t pay it. 

Baker Statement: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/201819-season-card-prices-announced/

FROM £15 PER GAME

From 2018/19 onwards, all Family Area adult prices will be reduced to £15 per game***,  CORRECTION: NOT TRUE: If you are bringing an U12 Child you pay £50 this season. The U12 was Free Last Season. £345 + £50 = £395 = £17.17  per game (an U12 is not allowed to enter on their own) while rates across the South Stand have been frozen.CORRECTION: NOT TRUE: Concessions (including Pensioners) up by 9.20%.  U22 up by 28.21%.

The prices in the Dolman Stand wings and central will increase to £18 and £22 per game respectively, BEING: 3.49% AND 15.78% INCREASES while in the Lansdown Stand lower wings and central the adult prices work out at £22 and £26 respectively.BEING: 5.94% AND 12.81% INCREASES

The lowest price in the Dolman Stand for under-12s is now £99 (A 98% INCREASE), including a free shirt (MADE FOR 10p in an Asian Sweat Shop), while juniors in the Lansdown Stand are encouraged :CORRECTION: "COMPELLED / FORCED" UNDER THE MOST OBSCENE ECONOMIC PRESSURE IN ENGLISH FOOTBALL BAR NONE to move to the extended and improved Family Area in the upper tier to take advantage of the cheapest possible price in that stand. To fall in line with matchday prices, disabled supporters will now pay the relevant age category for their 2018/19 season card: MEANING THEY ARE BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST AS WELL with one carer free if required. However, disabled supporters will be able to call up from the first day of sales (March 5th) to secure their season card fee-free.  

You have freedom of choice as long as you sit where you are told to sit or pay a huge increase on your kids for the privilege of sitting where you REALLY want to sit.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sorry I haven’t had time to read all the pages / posts since last night...so may be covering old ground / repeating stuff.

.....why as a current SC holder in Wheelchair Section A4 of the Lansdown stand can I not buy the appropriately aged ticket?  I shouldn’t have to pay the u22 price for Joe, who will be moving up from u12 bracket to u19.  In fact I'm not sure whether the grey boxes on the OS even allow me to buy an u22 ticket.

I don’t want to sit in the family area, up in the gods, both Joe and I are happy mixing in a predominantly adult section.  If I was worried about him picking up bad language, I'd have chosen the family section in the first place.  Physically Joe doesn’t want to be in the top tier, nor eyesight wise either.

If the club had plans to make certain sections of the ground more costly, they should’ve been transparent with their plans as we all got moved around the ground to accommodate the redevelopment.  Lots of others on here are more greatly impacted than me, e.g. big groups of mixed child / adult SC holders.

I’m sure it has all been thought through, because it will be based on £ signs.

The club have reached the 20k average, seen what can be done when a big club comes to town and tried to maximise income.  They haven’t done their due diligence with the fans, maybe they’ve misjudged our DNA. Maybe those new Season Card holders are the reverse of new signings - they are for the now not ones for the future.

Assuming Joe can remain in his seat, I can afford £255, but I don’t think it represents VFM and therefore I won’t pay it. 

Dig your heels on this. The club have made hay using Oscar's name. This doesn't look good at all. 

17 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Dig your heels on this. The club have made hay using Oscar's name. This doesn't look good at all. 

I’ve emailed the club.  I await a response!

i did have a proactive call from Gareth (DSLO), which was appreciated, but he couldn’t explain the rationale, only my options.

Archived