IGNORED

Say Yes To Tesco

Rich

Yes we will need as many signatures as possible on the epetition and really must look to beat the No to Tesco petition.

Also - we desperately need more of you to join the Facebook group. Just log-on and search BESST + Tesco and you'll find it. Not only are you showing your suppot but also your matea and spreading the word.

Even those of you who don't normally join groups, please join this one.

Yes we will need as many signatures as possible on the epetition and really must look to beat the No to Tesco petition.

Also - we desperately need more of you to join the Facebook group. Just log-on and search BESST + Tesco and you'll find it. Not only are you showing your suppot but also your matea and spreading the word.

Even those of you who don't normally join groups, please join this one.

BUMP

Mine's on

The NO votes are now gaining momentum - but the last 12 NO votes have obviously been input by the same person...

Needs looking at.

everyone needs to put as many friends and family as they can (with there consent)

just had a look at the yes votes i was the second person to sign it

• SC&T Board Members
everyone needs to put as many friends and family as they can (with there consent)

That is possible only if you have access to their e-mail, as each entry has to be confirmed by clicking on a link in a confirmation mail. But if you have that access and their consent, then go, go, go!

This thread is ridiculous. Perhaps too many of you have been influenced by the X Factor. Who is going to take any notice of an e petition?

Especially one that has been skewed by people voting with no interest in the future of Ashton Gate other than wanting to generate the most money from the sale of the football ground?

And I must ask does the votes of people visiting the area for 3 hours every other week have the same value as somebody who lives in that area?

This thread is ridiculous. Perhaps too many of you have been influenced by the X Factor. Who is going to take any notice of an e petition?

Especially one that has been skewed by people voting with no interest in the future of Ashton Gate other than wanting to generate the most money from the sale of the football ground?

And I must ask does the votes of people visiting the area for 3 hours every other week have the same value as somebody who lives in that area?

yep

It's so that, when the 'No' people present their petition and say 'Look, we have 1,000 signatures', it can be countered with one that shows just as many people were prepared to sign one that says 'Yes'.

If there are lots of people representing a negative towards Tesco, then yes perhaps the people in power could be

influenced.

And the people voting against Tesco also come from outside the area if you read the petition, and who's to say many city fans that sign the petition don't live in the area.

I'm just back from deepest Cornwall and pleasantly surprised to see 642 people have now signed the petition.

Keep spreading the word because Plymouth have just joined the race and don't have a jealous bitter rival to scupper

their plans we need to counter any opposition as best we can and keep ahead of our rivals down west.

I'm just back from deepest Cornwall and pleasantly surprised to see 642 people have now signed the petition.

Keep spreading the word because Plymouth have just joined the race and don't have a jealous bitter rival to scupper

their plans we need to counter any opposition as best we can and keep ahead of our rivals down west.

I saw about the Plymouth bid. To my mind there's no doubt at all that Bristol would be a far better host city but you're right to mention that as a one-club city they could potentially get good support - this makes it even more important that people sign this petition and join the 2018 Facebook group.

• Admin
I saw about the Plymouth bid. To my mind there's no doubt at all that Bristol would be a far better host city but you're right to mention that as a one-club city they could potentially get good support - this makes it even more important that people sign this petition and join the 2018 Facebook group.

As I live not far from the pasty munchers I thought I'd add my thoughts. They have recently been taken over and their 'bid' has come completely out of the blue, even to their fans. It smacks of making noises to get the fans onside and free publicity. They don't have an idea where the stadium may be built, let alone any plans or financing, not to mention the infrastructure that would have to be put in place. Have you been to Plymouth airport? :noexpression:

They need to finish developing Home Park before thinking of building a new stadium!

It would indeed be interesting to have a vote for people who live nearby. Which isn't to say that theirs is the only opinion that matters, but, personally, I think it matters more.

Background Information

At present the provision of supermarkets on the edge of south Bristol is insufficient to satisfy present demand and with population increases expected future demand.

By allowing this development the pressure on inner city roads around the bedminster Bridge area will be reduced.

It will also give an alternative choice of shopping to people from outlying areas such as Avonmouth the portway and Shirehampton other than Cribbs causeway.

This is drivel you are putting your names to.

Archived