IGNORED

Say Yes To Tesco

Rich

or are not embarrased by the flimsiness of the YES to tesco campaign arguement?

It's far less flimsy than some of the the arguments against moving to a new stadium, particularly when you take into account the 10,000 new homes that will be built in the area.

so you by the use of the emoticons

i take it you:

either don't understand my point

you have been against the new stadium from the off so im not surprised by your reaction tbh the yes campaign is important because if there isn't a tesco there isn't a new stadium

so you by the use of the emoticons

i take it you:

either don't understand my point

There is nothing flimsy about the say yes to Tesco campaign as you call it, we can all disect

portions of information and knock it.

Do you really want our club to remain in the backwaters of lower league football

for another three decades because it doesn't suit your beliefs to sell A G to the highest bidder

which just happens to be Tesco, because that is a real prospect if this bid is not successful.

Make no mistake the campaign against Tesco is politically led with local people being fed scaremongering stories on a daily basis to further their cause.

So if we as supporters of the club don't support the club the objectors could scupper the club and our ambitions.

I started this petition as a way of countering some of this opposition and to redress the balance

if you don't like it then don't sign it, or you could even sign the opposition petition, that's your choice.

It's very easy to knock something but much harder to carry out a positive act.

A quick point.

A couple of posts on here have suggested that BERATE is run by the Green Party, or somesuch.

While I would love this to be true, it isn't (probably beyond our organisational skills).

In fact, the one BERATE meeting I attended had more ex-Labour councillors than Green Party people in attendance (but far more of no political affiliation)

Charlie Bolton

A quick point.

A couple of posts on here have suggested that BERATE is run by the Green Party, or somesuch.

While I would love this to be true, it isn't (probably beyond our organisational skills).

In fact, the one BERATE meeting I attended had more ex-Labour councillors than Green Party people in attendance (but far more of no political affiliation)

Charlie Bolton

You support the club's world cup bid but are trying to scupper it by opposing the necessary build on the present site to give the club the funding to do it.

Tell me how you propose the club finds the money if not through the sale of its ground to Tesco.

This thread is ridiculous. Perhaps too many of you have been influenced by the X Factor. Who is going to take any notice of an e petition?

Especially one that has been skewed by people voting with no interest in the future of Ashton Gate other than wanting to generate the most money from the sale of the football ground?

And I must ask does the votes of people visiting the area for 3 hours every other week have the same value as somebody who lives in that area?

people nothing would give me greater pleasure than selling the ground off for the max money. Please bear in mind though that Sainsburys were refused consent on expanding their existing store some half a mile up the road. Couple that with the fact that Asda pretty well own the area around their store and you can be sure that both parties will object to the max about a Tesco being put half a mile down the road.This will go to a judicial review. Vote how you want but it aint going to make any difference. The superstores will have their say and to be honest getting a Tesco on our site will, in my mind, be the biggest pain in the arse that our club will come across

That may be so, but I'll wager that these homes won't be built in the next five years, which means that there's no need for a big new Tesco to serve non-existent residents.

There's no immediate need but the long term strategy which will put around 30-40,000 new residents within a mile or two can and will be taken into account even if those houses are five years off being built. Tesco may even choose to just bank the land if they don't win first time, they will in the end for certain.

You support the club's world cup bid but are trying to scupper it by opposing the necessary build on the present site to give the club the funding to do it.

Tell me how you propose the club finds the money if not through the sale of its ground to Tesco.

the council should purchase the ground and use the land for a mixture of social housing and affordable housing for key workers, and community facilities

the blueprint for this can be seen at main road, manchester

The co-operation between the council and the club was a key instrument in ensuring that the commonwealth games was a massive success

this same co-operation in Bristol can lead to success for the world cup bid

the council should purchase the ground and use the land for a mixture of social housing and affordable housing for key workers, and community facilities

the blueprint for this can be seen at main road, manchester

The co-operation between the council and the club was a key instrument in ensuring that the commonwealth games was a massive success

this same co-operation in Bristol can lead to success for the world cup bid

I'm sure we'd all love that but Bristol City Council is significantly less useful than a chocolate teapot. There is very little chance of them doing anything positive, the absolute best we can hope for from those useless ******s is that they don't manage to find a way to screw it up for us.

Agreed. And nice to hear it said by someone from outside the area. (A lot of the people banging the drum for Tesco seem to be from miles away - funny that, isn't it?)

Well yes, but if they had £20m to spend on it then I'm sure they would've approached the club for it.

Plus - housing? Hmmmm...nothing being built yet on the site of the Wedlocks yet, a large derelict site not far AG where flats were due to be built but the company went bust, not really sure the council should be putting taxpayers money into that right now anyway. I'm guessing if the site was worth £20m to the council they'd have bought it by now.

Well yes, but if they had £20m to spend on it then I'm sure they would've approached the club for it.

Plus - housing? Hmmmm...nothing being built yet on the site of the Wedlocks yet, a large derelict site not far AG where flats were due to be built but the company went bust, not really sure the council should be putting taxpayers money into that right now anyway. I'm guessing if the site was worth £20m to the council they'd have bought it by now.

so bristol is awash with social housing and affordable housing for key workers?

there are no housing waiting lists in Bristol?

so bristol is awash with social housing and affordable housing for key workers?

there are no housing waiting lists in Bristol?

No need to worry about housing. There are 10000 new homes earmarked in south Bristol by SWRDA. They however will need somewher to shop, TESCO or should we go about it like we did Sadley Broke by building houses then take 10/15 years to realise there are no amenities.

nothing being built yet on the site of the Wedlocks yet, a large derelict site not far AG where flats were due to be built but the company went bust

Well done Fatty Wedlock, keep on haunting those barstewards that knocked your place down.

I am absolutely delighted that the company went bust, perhaps they might think twice next time......I doubt it very much though.

BCAGFC

I didn't think councils were allowed to do social housing anymore?

I thought it was down to the Housing Associations who by & large cannot get large brownfield schemes to stack because of the borrowing rules.

But what do I know.

Well done Rich, we all usually sit back and let the vocal minority dictate to the silent majority, with all the amount of use on this forum the Yes vote should be in the thousands but at least over 800 have shown their support to Mr Lansdown.

Archived