IGNORED

Weak Transfer Rumours Thread [Merged & Renamed]

Can he play for England?

If not, not interested :)

Well growing up with Saint and Greavsie on the telly as a kid.I find it a right laugh,the mess you have with keepers.Bell has not had a game in a competitive match yet for us.You could go see if he has a English Granny?

Nope, certainly wasn't world class, but compared to others now, he could be, that is how bad the standard has got.

I think you are over-reacting slightly.. Ben Foster is very able, as is John Ruddy. We've got Jack Butland who will be a star and David Stockdale who is also a very decent keeper.

Not to mention we have the best overall keeper in the world in Joe Hart who is still young.

Well I never understood people turning down their country, it should be the pinnacle of your career. Just shows money matters more nowadays. Unless you have a trescothick type Illness, surely as a pro footie star, you wouldn't want to do anything else other than represent your country.

I like Robinson, but, I think he should have been chomping at the bit to prove his knockers wrong, and get back in the England setup. Foster gave up before he even gave it a chance. If they can give up so easily, one thing is for sure, they should never be picked even if they do decide they want to play again. They are lacking the mental strength to do it.

I know it sounds harsh, but I do believe that. you cannot hide as a keeper.

God help us if hart get injured :)

Nail on the head there TRL.

Not harsh at all, just realistic. If he wants to be a quitter when he hasn't even had a crack at it then he isn't worth it.

I think you are over-reacting slightly.. Ben Foster is very able, as is John Ruddy. We've got Jack Butland who will be a star and David Stockdale who is also a very decent keeper.

Not to mention we have the best overall keeper in the world in Joe Hart who is still young.

Jordan, I over react to a lot of thing, but not in claiming our keepers, apart form Hart are pretty damn mediocre

yes decent keepers, Decent keepers are not good enough for England.

I think you have grown up in a era of average keepers, and have just come to accept average as good enough. Hart is a very good keeper, but he is not the best in the world, close but not their yet.

Jordan, I over react to a lot of thing, but not in claiming our keepers, apart form Hart are pretty damn mediocre

yes decent keepers, Decent keepers are not good enough for England.

I think you have grown up in a era of average keepers, and have just come to accept average as good enough. Hart is a very good keeper, but he is not the best in the world, close but not their yet.

We have just a good set of goalkeepers as a lot of the other top other nations.

We have better depth in goal than Holland, Brazil, Argentina, France (only really have Lloris) and Italy. Only Spain and Germany have the quality of goalkeepers we do, Germany have the most very good goalkeepers.

We have better depth in goal than Holland, Brazil, Argentina, France (only really have Lloris) and Italy. Only Spain and Germany have the quality of goalkeepers we do, Germany have the most very good goalkeepers.

Holland?? Really? They have Krul and Vorm behind their number one, I would take any of those two to be our back up any day. They all have better choices than we do! If your happy with the likes of Foster and Ruddy then that goes some way to explaining why the expectations for England at a major tournament are so crazy.

Holland?? Really? They have Krul and Vorm behind their number one, I would take any of those two to be our back up any day. They all have better choices than we do! If your happy with the likes of Foster and Ruddy then that goes some way to explaining why the expectations for England at a major tournament are so crazy.

Krul and Stekelenburg are good but Hart and Foster isn't any worse imo. Vorm is very inexperienced at international level.

In terms of the worlds best goalkeepers i'd say its:

Hart, Casillas, Neuer, Lloris and finally Buffon.

Valdes and Cech are massively overrated imo.

Krul and Stekelenburg are good but Hart and Foster isn't any worse imo. Vorm is very inexperienced at international level.

How can you think Valdes and Cech are over rated but rate Foster? They both have lots of winners medals and have performed on the biggest stage. Foster is very over rated.

Sorry mate, can't agree, we have depth, but the depth is very poor.

Cech is twice the keeper of any English keeper other than Hart. Even with his confidence lower and his comfort blanket head gear, I would have him ahead of all the English wannabes

How can you think Valdes and Cech are over rated but rate Foster? They both have lots of winners medals and have performed on the biggest stage. Foster is very over rated.

Under Mourinho when Cech was touted as one of the best they had a world class back four, Barcelona have like 2 shots at them each game.

Foster has to make alot more saves than either of these keepers. I think they are better than Foster but they are not what people think they are.

Valdes is miles behind Casillas and Reina imo.

Under Mourinho when Cech was touted as one of the best they had a world class back four, Barcelona have like 2 shots at them each game.

Foster has to make alot more saves than either of these keepers. I think they are better than Foster but they are not what people think they are.

I agree Valdes isn't great. Definitely a weakness for Barca but he is better than Foster. Cech isn't what he was but he is still in the top 10 in the world.

Because he has to make more saves it doesn't make him better, he plays for a weaker team. He is a bottler that didn't want to play for England. Incredibly average to be honest, and if he was half decent Fergie would have done more to keep him.

I agree Valdes isn't great. Definitely a weakness for Barca but he is better than Foster. Cech isn't what he was but he is still in the top 10 in the world.

Because he has to make more saves it doesn't make him better, he plays for a weaker team. He is a bottler that didn't want to play for England. Incredibly average to be honest, and if he was half decent Fergie would have done more to keep him.

Fergie didn't want Foster to leave but when you have Van Der Sar who is incredible it's hard to see Foster getting a game.

Valdes vs Chelsea this year and in quite a few league games has been awful, Cech is probably just in the top 10. I don't think Foster is great but he's certainly worth having as our number 2 and not a bad number 2 either.

Just because you make lots of saves doesn't automatically makes you good.

More often than not, the hardest thing is to be in a good team, spend lots of time doing nothing, then suddenly have to react.

Foster is just not good.

Czech Republic don't have great backup, but in terms of quality, it is slightly worse than us. Not much to shout home about

Never really rated the bloke, too prone to howlers for me, I wouldn't, as a defender, be that happy in front of him.

I think it has certainly highlighted, that as a country, we have stopped producing goalies

20 years ago, if you had said Green, Foster, Ruddy etc etc were to be part of the national setup as 2nd or 3rd choice, I think most people would have cried with laughter.

Hart would probably been 2nd or 3rd choice for England back then, and he is head and shoulders above other English goalies.

I think if you told people 20 years ago that Green, Foster or Ruddy were to be England's 2nd or 3rd choice keepers they'd probably have said "who the fudge are Green, Foster and Ruddy?"

I think if you told people 20 years ago that Green, Foster or Ruddy were to be England's 2nd or 3rd choice keepers they'd probably have said "who the fudge are Green, Foster and Ruddy?"

:laugh: i'll give you that. But you know what I mean

I must say a GERT big thank you to the Mods for merging all of these speculative posts. Whilst some might have some legs most are bull. I'd much rather wait for any official announcement as and when they happen. It is now relatively easy to bypass all this and view what you want. Marvellous.

Look's like the Heaton rumour has made it to the EP.

http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.html

Wouldn't be overly thrilled with this. He is about the same level as Gerken, which is fine because then we have two able keepers.

Everyone thinks he is better than what he is due to his carling cup penalty exploits. He was shocking in normal time against Palace and is an average keeper.

Goodwillie is not a Prem striker Jock.

Bburn were desperate and took a punt but it didnt work out for him their.

Us (City) and Cardiff looked at Goodwilie but both decided against signing him.

Goodwillie is not a Prem striker Jock.

Bburn were desperate and took a punt but it didnt work out for him their.

Us (City) and Cardiff looked at Goodwilie but both decided against signing him.

And so did Chelsea and Liverpool.According to ex Chelsea and Dundee Utd striker Billy Dodds.The radio Scotland pundit,and I think he will have more contacts still around at those clubs than you.Goodwillie done OK when he got in the team,and had something like 14 starts the last time I checked.Even if he did play wide right,most off the time for them.Bet you have never even watched him.If you did you would know about the over head kicks,he was scoring.Every bit as good as Jelavic did.Jelavic is better as he has more off a linking up game to his play.Goodwillie is still only just turning 23.And your writing him off as a EPL player.How sad is that then,thinking he must be good then.English folk always slag our players,the ones that they know are good.

Really? Boro fans keep saying he is terrible

McManus is awful watched him getting skinned against Lichtenstein,and letting them in for a goal.And then against Spain,he watches the ball get stuck in the flood lights.Instead off heading it away,and that mistake costs us the game.Just shows you how bad we are for defenders.When he has had so many caps.Wigan were meant to sign him,when Caldwell moved.They will be glad they never now.Or they might be playing in the championship.

surely it's a no brainer to come to us rather than preston..??

The thing is, the only place we've been linked with him is on here and i'll be honest, going purely off last night (which isn't really fair on him I admit), he doesn't look that great

Joe Mattock released by WBA. Possibility for us? I know Haynes tore him apart that time but he could do that to anyone on his day.

http://www1.skysport...om-release-four

He's always been touted as a good young player but he's never really found a club to give him that consistency. I wouldn't be very excited about him but he's obviously better than what he have.

Archived