My summer wish list......

CB. Craig Dawson (West Brom) loan or permanent

AMC. Kerim Frei (Fulham) loan

AML. Luke freeman (stevenage) permanent

ST. Jordan Rhodes (Huddersfield) permanent - Nicky Maynard type signing

LB. Scott Laird or Paul Dixon permanent

MC. David Jones free transfer

RB. Ritchie de Laet free transfer

Some viable, some not so. Would definitely provide some strength, creativity and flair to the team at not a huge cost barring Jordan Rhodes.

What are people's thoughts?

Like the look of those. Don't think Rhodes would come here but worth a shout.

I don't want to see us sign anyone just because they've scored a cracker. Danny rose scored the cracker of all crackers and I don't want to see him ever again.

that went right over your head!

Just been looking at the premier league players out of contract this summer... few names in there that are interesting.

Radek Cerny- If I remember right he was pretty good at QPR, and has always looked a decent keeper. But at 38... only a year in him (maybe)

Fitz Hall- Probably not a Premier league player, but at Championship level he would be a decent shout. Held in pretty high regard at QPR ****il Sparky joined) But has a pretty long injury list.

Zak Whitbread- Good centre half and has turned in some good performances in the Premier league this year. Only 28 I think.

Ferrie Bodde- He was class the year before Swansea got promoted. But has a real sketchy time with injuries. IF he can stay fit, what a good signing he'd be.

Peter Lovenkrands- Rate him, especially at Championship level. Pacey too. But high wages maybe?

Brad Guzan- Villa number 2, and when Given was out, he was really good. USA international, but yet again, maybe big wages.

Somen Tchoyi- Absolute beast! Has pace and power, and can play midfield and up top! However this is more wishful thinking on my part...

Just a few names, I've plucked out. I know we could get some equal/better options elsewhere, but seeing as a lot of names are being thrown about, worth a punt at posting this.

Just been looking at the premier league players out of contract this summer... few names in there that are interesting.

Radek Cerny- If I remember right he was pretty good at QPR, and has always looked a decent keeper. But at 38... only a year in him (maybe)

Fitz Hall- Probably not a Premier league player, but at Championship level he would be a decent shout. Held in pretty high regard at QPR ****il Sparky joined) But has a pretty long injury list.

Zak Whitbread- Good centre half and has turned in some good performances in the Premier league this year. Only 28 I think.

Ferrie Bodde- He was class the year before Swansea got promoted. But has a real sketchy time with injuries. IF he can stay fit, what a good signing he'd be.

Peter Lovenkrands- Rate him, especially at Championship level. Pacey too. But high wages maybe?

Brad Guzan- Villa number 2, and when Given was out, he was really good. USA international, but yet again, maybe big wages.

Somen Tchoyi- Absolute beast! Has pace and power, and can play midfield and up top! However this is more wishful thinking on my part...

Just a few names, I've plucked out. I know we could get some equal/better options elsewhere, but seeing as a lot of names are being thrown about, worth a punt at posting this.

Zak Whitbread is wanted by premier league clubs. I'd like Tchoyi though!

Latest off twitter, I've never heard of the guy and have no idea about the reliability of the person posting it.

Footy Rumours@Footy_Rumours_

Bristol City manager Derek Mcinnes has apparently scouted Airdrie 'keeper Grant Adam recently, who is on loan from Rangers. #RFC #BCFC #AUFC

Although it's another Scottish player, it is nice to see Del is looking at the lower leagues if this is true.

Although it's another Scottish player, it is nice to see Del is looking at the lower leagues if this is true.

He would have been watching young Airdrie hit man,Ryan Donnolly.He has scored over 30 times for them this season.And is linked with a host off championship clubs.He got a double against Dundee Utd in the cup.And they want him too,but cant afford him.And no doubt Adam has stood out.

He would have been watching young Airdrie hit man,Ryan Donnolly.He has scored over 30 times for them this season.And is linked with a host off championship clubs.He got a double against Dundee Utd in the cup.And they want him too,but cant afford him.And no doubt Adam has stood out.

He is someone I would love us to look at with that goal record, how old is he and how much would he cost the club do you think?

More on Grant Adam:

Adam, who is the younger brother of Liverpool and Scotland midfielder Charlie Adam, has courted controversy recently having been charged with sectarian breach of the peace following an incident in Glasgow city centre. Adam denies the charges.

Sounds like a bloke we should stay clear of.

GK - Heaton/Joe Lewis - Free

CB - Matthew Connolly - QPR

LB - Dixon - Dundee Utd - Free

CM - Adam Clayton - Leeds

LW - Johnny Russell/Mackay-Steven - Dundee Utd

ST - Paul Taylor - Peterborough/Sam Baldock - West Ham/Adam Le Fondre - Reading/Simeon Jackson - Norwich/Simon Cox - WBA

One of these players in each of these positions would be fantastic imo

GK - Heaton/Joe Lewis - Free

CB - Matthew Connolly - QPR

LB - Dixon - Dundee Utd - Free

CM - Adam Clayton - Leeds

LW - Johnny Russell/Mackay-Steven - Dundee Utd

ST - Paul Taylor - Peterborough/Sam Baldock - West Ham/Adam Le Fondre - Reading/Simeon Jackson - Norwich/Simon Cox - WBA

One of these players in each of these positions would be fantastic imo

Russell and Mackay Steven will find EPL clubs.The later was on the books at Liverpool,only injury stopped him making a carer for himself down there.And now he is back to his best.Celtic have been watvhing Donnolly too,they took Wood a young kid striker from them last year.

GK Heaton

CB McManus

LB Laird or Dixon

CM Murray Davidson or Robertson (both St Johnstone)

LW Wallace

ST Donolly or Simeon Jackson (I would really like Simon Cox but don't think we can afford him)

The Robertson that is good and free,is with Dundee Utd.The other Robertson at St Johnstone is not as good.And is not a Scotland international like the other one.Frazer Fyfie is another quality kid,a Scotland under 21 player.Who is free at Aberdeen in December.He had Fulham,Liverpool and Blackburn interested.Before he had a terrible string off injuries.He is a combative wee pit bull off a player.Who has decent teqnical ability.Who should go a long way in the game,if he can stay free off injury.I think many championship teams will be looking at him.Be worth a bit off compo,for a move.And could be sold on at a massive profit,if he was to shine down there.

The Robertson that is good and free,is with Dundee Utd.The other Robertson at St Johnstone is not as good.And is not a Scotland international like the other one.Frazer Fyfie is another quality kid,a Scotland under 21 player.Who is free at Aberdeen in December.He had Fulham,Liverpool and Blackburn interested.Before he had a terrible string off injuries.He is a combative wee pit bull off a player.Who has decent teqnical ability.Who should go a long way in the game,if he can stay free off injury.I think many championship teams will be looking at him.Be worth a bit off compo,for a move.And could be sold on at a massive profit,if he was to shine down there.

They are looking at 5M compo for Fyvie I read somewhere!

GK Butland (Brum Loan)

DL Laird

CB Amougou

CM Pack

CF Will Keane (Man U Loan)

ML Tempelton

That's not a bad list at all! My changes would be Dixon for Laird although I wouldn't mind Laird! A new centre back instead of Amougou and a more proven striker on a permanent basis.

However I doubt Brum would let us loan Butland as we will be in there division and could possibly be their number 1 next season.

They are looking at 5M compo for Fyvie I read somewhere!

Well they wont get that,he is good but has not even had a full cap yet.In fact we have better midfield players his age,like Jamie Ness.Another guy with injury trouble.Who Walter Smith said,is the best young player he ever worked with.And Smith has worked with the likes off Rooney and Gattuso,and many more.He has a great range off passing,and gets stuck in too.Once the goals come along for him.Scotland will have another quality midfield player on our hands one day.He is so much better than C Adam was at that age.You still need to pay,if he runs down his contract I think?He could not just sign on as a free agent?

Well they wont get that,he is good but has not even had a full cap yet.In fact we have better midfield players his age,like Jamie Ness.Another guy with injury trouble.Who Walter Smith said,is the best young player he ever worked with.And Smith has worked with the likes off Rooney and Gattuso,and many more.He has a great range off passing,and gets stuck in too.Once the goals come along for him.Scotland will have another quality midfield player on our hands one day.He is so much better than C Adam was at that age.You still need to pay,if he runs down his contract I think?He could not just sign on as a free agent?

Isn't Fyvie only 18 though? That is why I expect he will cost quite a bit due to his so said massive potential.

Sorry Jock, thanks for correcting me. Isn't the Robertson at St J's ex Dundee Utd?

Sorry Jock, thanks for correcting me. Isn't the Robertson at St J's ex Dundee Utd?

Del signed the other one off them for St Johnston on a free be.And there is still talk up here,that he might still be in for Morris.Who might even work with him as a player coach role.

Archived