IGNORED

Weak Transfer Rumours Thread [Merged & Renamed]

Thing is mcmanus is in contract? any idea if/what the fee is? Im never one for paying anything for players of that age with no resale value. The artist formally known as Bikey is on a free and younger. Stats can be misleading but we conceeded far less and had much better results with bikey in the team....

Got to chose the right one, be it Amougou, McMannus or an other, a mistake here could severely lower our wage budget for new players. A lot of care is needed from McInnes over this choice, as whoever it may be should be a major part of the strong spine of our first team.

Also, Part exchanges rarely happen these days, money plus a player. I wonder why that is.

I reckon it's agents. A lot of transfers break down nowadays due to agents being too greedy and not being able to negotiate a contract that suits all parties. If you consider a part exchange there are now 2 agents involved both trying to bash out a nice contract, so the changes of failing are increased and the transfer would break down. This probably puts the majority of clubs off the idea altogether.

Thing is mcmanus is in contract? any idea if/what the fee is? Im never one for paying anything for players of that age with no resale value. The artist formally known as Bikey is on a free and younger. Stats can be misleading but we conceeded far less and had much better results with bikey in the team....

In last year so maybe smaller fee? who knows

Considering we bought him for 800k and we aren't going to get a better Championship striker around for less than that price, no. We're also lacking on strikers enough as it is.

Emile Sinclair, Paul Taylor....both cost much less than Pitman.

I do think that BP will be on his way this summer, don't think Delboy will want to play with 10 men in every game but I would get 1 or 2 pacy replacements in first.

BCAGFC

I do think that BP will be on his way this summer, don't think Delboy will want to play with 10 men in every game but I would get 1 or 2 pacy replacements in first.

BCAGFC

Exactly but we have to take into account Keith paid the 800k for Brett.

Didn't Matt Tubbs cost less than that as well? wasn't he 700k? someone correct me if I am wrong though please!!

I would take a million for Brett any day of the week. Tyrone Barnett cost Peterboro a million and he is a much more complete striker than Pitman.

A million could get us a much much better striker than Brett IMO, and I believe we could also find a better one for around half that price as well.

BCAGFC

Perhaps that's because they're not as good as Pitman.

Taylor scored 12 goals this season and has no goalscoring pedigree, Sinclair just 10, following 13 in 78 apps. for Macclesfield.

Neither as good as Pitman's 13 last season, and no reason to think either would be an improvement on Pitman who scored 28 goals the season before City signed him.

Taylor scored 12 goals this season and has no goalscoring pedigree, Sinclair just 10, following 13 in 78 apps. for Macclesfield.

Neither as good as Pitman's 13 last season, and no reason to think either would be an improvement on Pitman who scored 28 goals the season before City signed him.

I think you think Pitman is better than that he is, he's not going to get much of a look in this season imo, doesn't work hard enough, cannot play upfront on his own and if we get a good offer i'd understand the club accepting it. He is a good finisher I know but doesn't have enough other qualities to be part of a successful team imo.

Neither Taylors' or Sinclairs' record include penalties, Pitmans' 13 did, can't find my records but I think it was 3.

BCAGFC

I guess we need to almost forget what we paid and cash in on what we can get! Don't feel he has his hart in it at Ashton gate, problem is he will do a job for someone.

Sure we would take a mil !

Del has clearly said he intends to sign new players in order to change the way City play, and the formation, next season.

It's quite possible Pitman will be an integral part of next season's team.

It's also quite possible he'll leave, but as you rightly say, he will do the business for someone else, so let's hope he stays and fulfils his huge goalscoring potential at AG.

No, I think he has the qualities to be part of a successful team but our team isn't good enough to compliment him. Give him chances and he will score. He's our best striker for me personally.

I don't understand the 'doesn't work hard enough' debate. He chases down defenders just like most strikers. Obviously compared to Stead it's not much but then that is one of Stead's best attributes. Compared to Maynard in the 26 games for us this season, Pitman is our own Dirk Kuyt.

I think you think Pitman is better than that he is, he's not going to get much of a look in this season imo, doesn't work hard enough, cannot play upfront on his own and if we get a good offer i'd understand the club accepting it. He is a good finisher I know but doesn't have enough other qualities to be part of a successful team imo.

Whether I do or not, if you or others don't think he's good enough, don't go putting forward names to replace him who are clearly inferior.

You want a successful team, well we'll never be a successful team without a goalscorer and the likes of Jon Stead will never get them in any number.

If Pitman can score 18- 20 goals for City at this level I am quite willing to accept the fact he is not perfect in every aspect of the game.

Brett;s movement off the ball is 2nd to none at Ashton gate, it is to some part, why he can seem lazy, he is picking out space rather than getting close to defenders.

Sometimes you have to let these natural finishers do that.

That said, if you stop scoring, it does bring huge questions to the table concerning your worth to the team.

Difficult decision for Del

No, I think he has the qualities to be part of a successful team but our team isn't good enough to compliment him. Give him chances and he will score. He's our best striker for me personally.

I don't understand the 'doesn't work hard enough' debate. He chases down defenders just like most strikers. Obviously compared to Stead it's not much but then that is one of Stead's best attributes. Compared to Maynard in the 26 games for us this season, Pitman is our own Dirk Kuyt.

You're right Jordan, of course all goalscorers need chances to be created for them, and Del will be well aware of this as he looks to reshape the team for next season - whether he has Pitman in mind or a newcomer.

On the subject of Stead, he was drifting out of the picture after Wood's arrival and had to pull his socks up to regain a first team place - which he did, of course, to great affect.

He can only maintain a first team place if he can replicate the effort he showed in the run in over a whole season because his goalscoring record alone would not be sufficient.

Unfortunately Stead's career record is patchy and despite his great efforts in the latter part of the season I'm not sure we can depend on that level of industry over a longer period.

Whether I do or not, if you or others don't think he's good enough, don't go putting forward names to replace him who are clearly inferior.

You want a successful team, well we'll never be a successful team without a goalscorer and the likes of Jon Stead will never get them in any number.

If Pitman can score 18- 20 goals for City at this level I am quite willing to accept the fact he is not perfect in every aspect of the game.

I haven't mentioned any other names. If Pitman can score 18-20 goals, you could say If about anyone really. Del will obviously bring in a striker or two and one of them will be a goalscorer to partner Stead i'd imagine. Pitman would be more successful in the side if the rest of our team played to his strengths which we don't.

Sky Sports understands Ipswich Town have made a bid for Coventry defender Richard Keogh.

We should go for him aswell.

Why? Where would he play? He isn't any better than what we have I don't think. I always liked Keogh when he was here and he has clearly improved. Unless we can get him very cheap or for nothing I wouldn't bother. He isn't enough of an improvement on what we have.

Nicky Hunt is a great example on how to ruin a football career.

No! he will be a great signing, like Taylor says, he is an ex under 21 international

It's okay we won't listen to the fans of his last few clubs, after all he could be the next Elliott, oh wait a minute, he is just living on his first seasons exploits! scrap that idea :)

Del get him in Now, he's quality.

If we sign Hunt, it means Carey can concentrate on centre back, we won't need to sign an Amougou or McManus then either. Imagine all the cash we could be saving.

No! he will be a great signing, like Taylor says, he is an ex under 21 international

It's okay we won't listen to the fans of his last few clubs, after all he could be the next Elliott, oh wait a minute, he is just living on his first seasons exploits! scrap that idea :)

Del get him in Now, he's quality.

If we sign Hunt, it means Carey can concentrate on centre back, we won't need to sign an Amougou or McManus then either. Imagine all the cash we could be saving.

I read a comment on here saying that Amougou can't go from being a good 4.5 million Premier League player to not being good enough for Bristol City.

Well surely Nicky Hunt, an ex England u21 international with over 100 top flight appearances for Bolton is the perfect example of this!?

I read a comment on here saying that Amougou can't go from being a good 4.5 million Premier League player to not being good enough for Bristol City.

Well surely Nicky Hunt, an ex England u21 international with over 100 top flight appearances for Bolton is the perfect example of this!?

Damn right, to be honest, was is 4.5 million to a Prem team anyway?

Not that I don't appreciate what he did for us, he came in and made a huge difference.

Damn right, to be honest, was is 4.5 million to a Prem team anyway?

Not that I don't appreciate what he did for us, he came in and made a huge difference.

He did and fair play to him he was a huge huge difference. I have a fair few Reading mates and when I told them how well he had been doing they were all gobsmacked.

They warned me that he would start off OK and rapidly decline. The general gist I got was that he wasn't very good at all. I am grateful for him though as he was a huge factor in us staying up.

If Del signs him I will trust his judgement but I personally would prefer us to sign McManus. He was exactly the type of player we have been looking for at the heart of our defence. If anything what encourages me about McManus, is due to his stop start season and lack of match practice we didn't even see the best of him! If we were to sign McManus he could be the closest type of dominating centre half we have had since the Legendary Shaun Taylor.

He did and fair play to him he was a huge huge difference. I have a fair few Reading mates and when I told them how well he had been doing they were all gobsmacked.

They warned me that he would start off OK and rapidly decline. The general gist I got was that he wasn't very good at all. I am grateful for him though as he was a huge factor in us staying up.

If Del signs him I will trust his judgement but I personally would prefer us to sign McManus. He was exactly the type of player we have been looking for at the heart of our defence. If anything what encourages me about McManus, is due to his stop start season and lack of match practice we didn't even see the best of him! If we were to sign McManus he could be the closest type of dominating centre half we have had since the Legendary Shaun Taylor.

Yep, I have 2 reading fans as mates, they were of the same opinion, and after hearing the same thing from urnley supporters, I think we got we needed, and he got the shop window he needed. There it should end.

McManus, well i'd like to see some more, you don't really hear much wrong about the guy from other fans

Archived