IGNORED

Weak Transfer Rumours Thread [Merged & Renamed]

Why ? granted he's one of their best players but he's not exactly "special" and stood out in that league is he. Good League 2 player, below average Championship player at the best with a hint of potential...not for me thanks

Yeah agree. Not sure what the obsession is with him on here!? He is a poor mans Bolasie. Why on earth do we need to sign the same type of player as the likes of Adomah and Yannick. I for one would be disappointed if we signed him. Too similar to what we have and not good enough for this level.

If we are to sign another winger it needs to be a different kind of winger to what we have.

Peterborough make McCann, Taylor, Boyd, Little, Ball, Griffiths, Ajose and Breeze available for transfer. Lewis and Mills released.

Lewis on a free would be a good signing to compete alongside Gerken.

Boyd would be a great signing for us, but I would imagine better clubs than us would be in for him

I think Taylor's supposed to be a decent player as well, I've not seen him play much but he could be the striker with the bit of pace that we need.

Have I missed something here - has Ribs been officially released??

From the treatment table?

Yes, and amazingly in the same year his contract is up, he has declared himself fit for a good chunk of it. What's the chances of that, eh? Nobody disputes his potential, but he's never going to make it anywhere if he pulls a sicky everytime he gets a knock. His problem is in his head, to be a succesful player you need to play through the knocks, unfortunately for him, a knock always means a month out.

McCann from Peterborough would be that elusive creative centre midfielder we'd be after. Scores plenty, sets up a lot and decent set pieces. Would be very happy with him.

Versatile as well. Can play at left back, centre mid or left mid. Surprised at posh not wanting to keep him? Can't think of any other reason than financial difficulties!?

Versatile as well. Can play at left back, centre mid or left mid. Surprised at posh not wanting to keep him? Can't think of any other reason than financial difficulties!?

32 now and way past his best. Should of got him years ago when at Cheltnham. Despite that i reckon he woluld do a job here for a season. Would prefer him to Jody Morris.

Joe Lewis will be snapped up some lower league Prem team.

As per Boyd then maybe the poor spell he had at Forest might put some of the bigger boys in this division off? 11 assists and 7 goals though this season he would be perfect on the left of our midfield.

I see Grant Ledbetter? has rejected a contract at Ipswich. Wants a new challenge. Dont think he's that creative though.

Paul Taylor has scored 14 goals in 44 games. Not the goal scorer to replace Maynard we need.

32 now and way past his best. Should of got him years ago when at Cheltnham. Despite that i reckon he woluld do a job here for a season. Would prefer him to Jody Morris.

Joe Lewis will be snapped up some lower league Prem team.

As per Boyd then maybe the poor spell he had at Forest might put some of the bigger boys in this division off? 11 assists and 7 goals though this season he would be perfect on the left of our midfield.

I see Grant Ledbetter? has rejected a contract at Ipswich. Wants a new challenge. Dont think he's that creative though.

Paul Taylor has scored 14 goals in 44 games. Not the goal scorer to replace Maynard we need.

Really that old!? Ok I take that back with about him then, didn't realise he was that old.

Taylor has a lot of baggage and although a good player, as he is not the goal scorer we are looking for I wouldn't want him.

As for Leadbitter I think he would command high wages and for the type of wage he would want he would probably not represent value for money. I have said many a time we need to steer clear of signing a load of players that are not good enough or surplus to requirements from clubs that are in or around our level.

Really that old!? Ok I take that back with about him then, didn't realise he was that old.

Taylor has a lot of baggage and although a good player, as he is not the goal scorer we are looking for I wouldn't want him.

As for Leadbitter I think he would command high wages and for the type of wage he would want he would probably not represent value for money. I have said many a time we need to steer clear of signing a load of players that are not good enough or surplus to requirements from clubs that are in or around our level.

Saying that Taylor10 he (Mccann) will be 33 come the start of next season. This season though he has impressed again with 8 goals 7 assists. That's better than any of our midfielders so yeah would defo take him for a season. Annoying though as i said to the club many times when he was Chelt we should sign him but it fell on deaf ears.

Ledbitter is only 26. Seems like he's been around for years. He turned down a deal at Ipswich as he wants a new challenge. Wouldnt imagine he is on no more than our better players. He's a leader and a good consistant player but not the creative force we need.

Said before i want us to pluck the likes of Pack (Chelt), Okane (Torquay), Sercombe (Exeter), Malone (bmouth), Oshidi (FGR). Young hungry cheap talented players on our doorstep especially with this new financial ruling thing coming into play soon.

Saying that Taylor10 he (Mccann) will be 33 come the start of next season. This season though he has impressed again with 8 goals 7 assists. That's better than any of our midfielders so yeah would defo take him for a season. Annoying though as i said to the club many times when he was Chelt we should sign him but it fell on deaf ears.

Ledbitter is only 26. Seems like he's been around for years. He turned down a deal at Ipswich as he wants a new challenge. Wouldnt imagine he is on no more than our better players. He's a leader and a good consistant player but not the creative force we need.

Said before i want us to pluck the likes of Pack (Chelt), Okane (Torquay), Sercombe (Exeter), Malone (bmouth), Oshidi (FGR). Young hungry cheap talented players on our doorstep especially with this new financial ruling thing coming into play soon.

He would be a fantastic signing me thinks.

Exactly. For too long we have looked for quick fix signings through loans or signing journeymen.

Surely signing the likes of Pack, O'Kane, Sercombe etc wont posses anywhere near the same risks as the likes of JCR, Stewart, Hunt, etc.

Young, hungry, huge potential and relatively cheap. IF for some reason they don't turn out to be championship standard then we wouldn't have lost anything by trying! Whereas signing the deadwood from other championship teams will not help us to kick on.

I have seen more of Pack than the others and he is a player I really like the look of.

I guess on a free Leadbitter would be worth a punt.

This doesn't sit right though because earlier on this thread it has been stated as fact that we're signing that Laird lad from Stevenage. I don't know what to believe any more...

I would think we'll sign 2 left backs this summer.

Carayol, Seems to have hit a purple patch.

My Swindon Town Supoorting mates think he is Awful, I guess to easy to make a judgement at that age.

Not entirely sure another winger is what we need, unless Del is moving wingers on.

I'm sure he's been mentioned before, highly rated by our people in Scotland I think. Maybe Livi Red or Aberdeen Pete (not seen him on here for a while) can confirm?

Dundee Utd have a decent team with a few quality players. Daly, Flood, Russell and Dixon.

Saw them at Ibrox earlier in the season and last season.

Dixon would do well at Championship level and would be definitely be a good addition to the squad.

Hearts and Utd played out a 2-2 draw on Saturday and numerous players allegedly on our radar were on display..

Black played full 90, but the guy who many Hearts fans believe is heading South - Templeton only is playing bit part at moment. And is not looking to have much confidence at present.

One guy who has impressed me up here and believe me there is a lot of dross in SPL is Paul McGowen who plays for St Mirren. Ex Celtic midfielder who is very attacking minded.

Just watching Hearts on TV, Templeton is playing and so is Black who I'm pretty sure some of our Scottish supporters have mentioned before.

Black plays in the middle and is out of contract this season, by far the best player on the pitch tonight so far, looks really comfortable on the ball and has a good first touch. He could be a player Del is looking at.

Carayol, Seems to have hit a purple patch.

My Swindon Town Supoorting mates think he is Awful, I guess to easy to make a judgement at that age.

Not entirely sure another winger is what we need, unless Del is moving wingers on.

I wouldn't say no to Matt Ritchie from Swindon. But don't think Carayol is up to it. No need to sign him what so ever he is too similar to Albert and Yannick but nowhere near as good. I would take Ritchie as he is so different to what we already have. His main asset is his delivery, which is something we are lacking.

Brian Howard has been released by Reading.

I wouldn't want him.

Even though he is only 28 his best days are behind him and he isn't better than what we have. Although as I have mentioned above, we lack players with a decent delivery. He is good from set pieces and has a great delivery, so I guess going by this it wouldn't be the worst signing providing he didn't command much in wages.

He is joined by Ramon Nunez, Billy Paynter, Paul Connolly, Andy O'Brien and Paul Rachubka.

The club have released Alex Bruce, Lloyd Sam, Mikael Forsell, Danny Webber and Maik Taylor.

any of these??

Not a chance. The above are the exact type of players we want to steer clear of. Dead wood that has seen better days.

As a club, we should never ever want to be where we have been of late, in terms of league position and personnel. For too long we have signed journeymen type players who are not good enough.

Archived