IGNORED

Weak Transfer Rumours Thread [Merged & Renamed]

Stevenage left back Scott Laird has reportedly signed a pre contract agreement with another club. Local lad, and his dad manages Weston. Surprised if we haven't even looked.

Dundee United left back Paul Dixon has confirmed he is leaving the club and wants a move to England.

Dixon was quality in the recent 1 0 win over Celtic.He was up and down the flanks all day long.And defended really well when he needed to.He never put a foot wrong for the full 90 mins.City would do well to land him.I would be happy to have him at Rangers.If we are still alive next year.He is a really good crosser off the ball.The delivery that he has,is worth 7 or 8 goals a season I think to any team.The guys been over looked for Scotland,in favour off Wallace and Mulgrew.

“There is a big wish-list of targets drawn up. You don’t always get everyone you want, but we’ll work our way through the list and, hopefully, get in two or three that we really want during the summer.

I think we could need more than 3 Del!

I personally think we need 6. GK, CB, LB, CM, LW, ST.

I think he meant that those '2 or 3' are the definate signings we need to make i.e. LB CB CM. The others aren't probably first priority for Del, but I would like to see a GK and a CF.

Looking at the Evening Post from a few days back it says Del is targeting a GK, CB, LB, Creative centre midfielder and a Striker. That's all the area's I hope we strengthen in apart from left wing. Not bad!

"It is a very important close season for us and the recruitment of good players is going to be vital to us. I want to get a really competitive squad that can go and challenge''

That sentence excites me!

• Admin

“There is a big wish-list of targets drawn up. You don’t always get everyone you want, but we’ll work our way through the list and, hopefully, get in two or three that we really want during the summer.

I think we could need more than 3 Del!

I personally think we need 6. GK, CB, LB, CM, LW, ST.

It's called managing expectations and not something we're particularly used to down at Ashton Gate.

McInnes seems to be introducing it. Notice how we aren't hearing the usual rhetoric about going for promotion next season, it's simply about progressing and not being involved in a battle at the bottom again even though the squad situation does gives us a decent opportunity to target the top half. Likewise with transfers, he'll publicly state 2 or 3 rather than 6 or 7 so that if he can only bring in 4 or 5 people aren't immediately disappointed.

It's called managing expectations and not something we're particularly used to down at Ashton Gate.

McInnes seems to be introducing it. Notice how we aren't hearing the usual rhetoric about going for promotion next season, it's simply about progressing and not being involved in a battle at the bottom again even though the squad situation does gives us a decent opportunity to target the top half. Likewise with transfers, he'll publicly state 2 or 3 rather than 6 or 7 so that if he can only bring in 4 or 5 people aren't immediately disappointed.

I know what he's doing, I just said I think we will need more than 2 or 3 to have a squad good enough to have a comfortable season.

Looking at the Evening Post from a few days back it says Del is targeting a GK, CB, LB, Creative centre midfielder and a Striker. That's all the area's I hope we strengthen in apart from left wing. Not bad!

"It is a very important close season for us and the recruitment of good players is going to be vital to us. I want to get a really competitive squad that can go and challenge''

That sentence excites me!

That's the EP though, don't always believe what you read. Yep, the word ' challenge ' excites

me, and for next season that's all I want.

They may be out there and if so, I'd much prefer we signed them with Brett at the club, rather than being left with only Jon Stead and an unproven Ryan Taylor as our options.

I don't see Brett getting much game time next year as Del will more than likely bring in a first-choice partner for Stead. Brett wont want to sit on the bench all season again, not a chance.

Thing is mcmanus is in contract? any idea if/what the fee is? Im never one for paying anything for players of that age with no resale value. The artist formally known as Bikey is on a free and younger. Stats can be misleading but we conceeded far less and had much better results with bikey in the team....

Archived