IGNORED

Weak Transfer Rumours Thread [Merged & Renamed]

Yep, I have 2 reading fans as mates, they were of the same opinion, and after hearing the same thing from urnley supporters, I think we got we needed, and he got the shop window he needed. There it should end.

McManus, well i'd like to see some more, you don't really hear much wrong about the guy from other fans

Yeah I agree. I just hope it isn't a disappointing summer transfers wise. Either way its set to be busy. Still a few to shift in my opinion.

Stewart for example. I would also not be to upset to see a few others go as well.

Yeah I agree. I just hope it isn't a disappointing summer transfers wise. Either way its set to be busy. Still a few to shift in my opinion.

Stewart for example. I would also not be to upset to see a few others go as well.

If we could get rid of Stewart and Killa, that would do me, that would be a nice chunk of wages released, and frees up areas which we need to make really good signings in. I would be surprised if we can offload them, but fingers crossed. Killa, to be fair to him, did start to look a little better. But I cannot ever see him pushing far enough up to be effective, he seems to get drawn deeper and deeper as that is all he really knows.

Would Mcmanus demand a high wage, something we are looking to deter, when do people think we will making any signings? there is a lot of specualtion and rumours flying around - do they all go off on their holidays come back and its roll sleeves up time - is it a matter of days or weeks till we see the first newbie in?

Would Mcmanus demand a high wage, something we are looking to deter, when do people think we will making any signings? there is a lot of specualtion and rumours flying around - do they all go off on their holidays come back and its roll sleeves up time - is it a matter of days or weeks till we see the first newbie in?

Not sure, maybe he is looking for a longer contract and lower wages given his age? A lot of players are going to have to lower their demands. There will be a hell of a lot of players out of work next year, that is for sure, clubs for the first time in a long time, will be able to force the hand of players, rather than the other way around.

Not sure, maybe he is looking for a longer contract and lower wages given his age? A lot of players are going to have to lower their demands. There will be a hell of a lot of players out of work next year, that is for sure, clubs for the first time in a long time, will be able to force the hand of players, rather than the other way around.

about time me thinks, thats how it should be, perhaps its agents greed but if all the clubs are singing from the same book then happy days - macmanus may sign for lower wages but a longer more stable period of time, makes sense

about time me thinks, thats how it should be, perhaps its agents greed but if all the clubs are singing from the same book then happy days - macmanus may sign for lower wages but a longer more stable period of time, makes sense

Well, I think it might be better if some of these players went with the PFA rather than the greedy private agents, the wage may end up lower, but the amount taken by the agents, and the interference from agents would be a whole lot less, better for the club, and more than likely, better for the player.

Looks like we may get a happy medium, clubs can no longer use bully boy tactics and treat the players like meat, now the players cannot overly dictate to clubs because of turnover caps. Fingers crossed this will push on up to the Prem as well.

Well, I think it might be better if some of these players went with the PFA rather than the greedy private agents, the wage may end up lower, but the amount taken by the agents, and the interference from agents would be a whole lot less, better for the club, and more than likely, better for the player.

Looks like we may get a happy medium, clubs can no longer use bully boy tactics and treat the players like meat, now the players cannot overly dictate to clubs because of turnover caps. Fingers crossed this will push on up to the Prem as well.

lets hope so but thats for another thread, sky sports anyone !!!

If we could get rid of Stewart and Killa, that would do me, that would be a nice chunk of wages released, and frees up areas which we need to make really good signings in. I would be surprised if we can offload them, but fingers crossed. Killa, to be fair to him, did start to look a little better. But I cannot ever see him pushing far enough up to be effective, he seems to get drawn deeper and deeper as that is all he really knows.

Agreed. I would be very surprised if anyone was prepared to take on the likes of Stewart on a full time basis! I agree with you on those two, wouldn't mind seeing them both go! I also wouldn't say no to Nyatanga and Wooly going!

Agreed. I would be very surprised if anyone was prepared to take on the likes of Stewart on a full time basis! I agree with you on those two, wouldn't mind seeing them both go! I also wouldn't say no to Nyatanga and Wooly going!

I'd be interested to see if Wooly pushes on next season, it seemed the crowd got off his back a little, and a little glimmer of confidence came through at the back end of the season.

He clearly had talent, but has shown precious little in his time here, apart from his first few games. I do wonder though if he has had enough chances

I'd be interested to see if Wooly pushes on next season, it seemed the crowd got off his back a little, and a little glimmer of confidence came through at the back end of the season.

He clearly had talent, but has shown precious little in his time here, apart from his first few games. I do wonder though if he has had enough chances

I wouldn't be against Wooly staying on as such, as perhaps Del could get something from him. But as you say has he had too many chances? We don't want to go down the same route with have with certain players, JCR for example who have had plenty of chances yet not improved or taken the chances given. That's how we will end up in another situation like we were in this season. It's a tough call for Del to make.

Brett;s movement off the ball is 2nd to none at Ashton gate, it is to some part, why he can seem lazy, he is picking out space rather than getting close to defenders.

Sometimes you have to let these natural finishers do that.

That said, if you stop scoring, it does bring huge questions to the table concerning your worth to the team.

Difficult decision for Del

Blimey. Either you are talking sh*** or our movement off the ball is an embarrassment to a Championship football team.

Or both.

Blimey. Either you are talking sh*** or our movement off the ball is an embarrassment to a Championship football team.

Or both.

Hence i didn't mention the championship, and shows how bad the movement is in our squad. But, watch him closely, he doesn't get himself in so much space because of his pace, that's for sure :)

Hence i didn't mention the championship, and shows how bad the movement is in our squad. But, watch him closely, he doesn't get himself in so much space because of his pace, that's for sure :)

Fair play. Though I would snap Eddie Howe's hand off if he offered £500k. Finding space in tight spaces is the sign of a proper goalscorer.

Fair play. Though I would snap Eddie Howe's hand off if he offered £500k. Finding space in tight spaces is the sign of a proper goalscorer.

so would I if he is just going to be a bit part under del.

Hi, I'm a new poster on OTIB but have been following posts and peoples views for a while. I thought it was about time that i joined in. I just wanted to put across a player suggestion to see what people thought so here goes..... hows about young Kerim Frei from Fulham on loan as a bit of attacking midfield flair we greatly need? He has been very bit-part at Fulham (i guess due to age) but from what I have seen of him, he looks a great prospect for the future. Is he a feasible option or is the loan market something we need to avoid to create a team that wants to play for each other?

Hi, I'm a new poster on OTIB but have been following posts and peoples views for a while. I thought it was about time that i joined in. I just wanted to put across a player suggestion to see what people thought so here goes..... hows about young Kerim Frei from Fulham on loan as a bit of attacking midfield flair we greatly need? He has been very bit-part at Fulham (i guess due to age) but from what I have seen of him, he looks a great prospect for the future. Is he a feasible option or is the loan market something we need to avoid to create a team that wants to play for each other?

I would take him on loan! However I don't think he would join us, and even if he was available he would probably go elsewhere!

He would be a fantastic addition though!

My summer wish list......

CB. Craig Dawson (West Brom) loan or permanent

AMC. Kerim Frei (Fulham) loan

AML. Luke freeman (stevenage) permanent

ST. Jordan Rhodes (Huddersfield) permanent - Nicky Maynard type signing

LB. Scott Laird or Paul Dixon permanent

MC. David Jones free transfer

RB. Ritchie de Laet free transfer

Some viable, some not so. Would definitely provide some strength, creativity and flair to the team at not a huge cost barring Jordan Rhodes.

What are people's thoughts?

My summer wish list......

CB. Craig Dawson (West Brom) loan or permanent

AMC. Kerim Frei (Fulham) loan

AML. Luke freeman (stevenage) permanent

ST. Jordan Rhodes (Huddersfield) permanent - Nicky Maynard type signing

LB. Scott Laird or Paul Dixon permanent

MC. David Jones free transfer

RB. Ritchie de Laet free transfer

Some viable, some not so. Would definitely provide some strength, creativity and flair to the team at not a huge cost barring Jordan Rhodes.

What are people's thoughts?

Don't think Rhodes or Dawson would ever come to us but the rest seem viable.

Maybe add Marlon Pack from Cheltenham and Tom Jacobs from Northampton.

Would love him to join! But looking at the other clubs, Ipswich and Charlton, I doubt he would choose us.

The only reason i think he would definitely choose those clubs over us is geography, in which case Peterboro are probably in pole position. If we're in for him i imagine we've been talking to the lads agent for a number of months

Archived