IGNORED

Buzsaky / Baldock (+ A Little Bit Of Gerrard) .... Merged

Brizzle Jordan

Keep it civil, I dont want to have to descend to your intellectual level and get involved in a keyboard spat that you couldnt possibly win..........MATE !

One your not my mate I'll write what I want As its a forum two you talk about intellectual level wtf there's you moaning about you want to know about our transfers and they should tell you this and that it's not hard to understand the clubs transfer policy and the way we go about it in the press

Yawn.... But not actually offering a counter argument? Shall I take that as you grudgingly accepting my argument in the most patronising way you can think of?

It's got nothing to do with honesty, it's about a club going about it's business in a sensible manner. Go back 20 odd years and the first you heard of a player signing was when his picture was in the newspaper- nobody used the Internet, the bloke who invented twitter was probably still in pampers and if you'd asked Joe Jordan if he could be a 'show a bit more honesty' in his transfer dealings he'd probably have told you to **** off and nutted you!

One of the best posts I have ever seen on here.

I doubt we will sign either of these two players, as we have seen all the players bar Heaton who was a trialiast our signings have come from nowhere and no one knew.

Although I wouldn't be suprised if Del actually feeds places like EP with these rumors. So that they have less attention on there actual targets.

Would love to eat my words if I'm wrong though.

According to this twitter

johno@Johno909

Right....kanote needs a work permit appeal has gone in its 50-50 hence why baldock hasn't left the club yet if no work permit SV won't move

<s>michael endicott@Deadmantf1 </s>

@Johno909 lots of rumors in Bristol that BCFC and WHU have agreed a deal for Baldock.Is this true ?

<s>johno@Johno909 </s>

@Deadmantf1 everything is agreed just waiting on the outcome of kanote work permit

Yawn.... But not actually offering a counter argument? Shall I take that as you grudgingly accepting my argument in the most patronising way you can think of?

It's got nothing to do with honesty, it's about a club going about it's business in a sensible manner. Go back 20 odd years and the first you heard of a player signing was when his picture was in the newspaper- nobody used the Internet, the bloke who invented twitter was probably still in pampers and if you'd asked Joe Jordan if he could be a 'show a bit more honesty' in his transfer dealings he'd probably have told you to **** off and nutted you!

OK If you wish... but and its a big but, these days we have the internet, the web, twitter, facebook, and most importantly reporters who have access to all these...a little bit of information from the club, on the clubs website, about these things wouldnt go amiss. We have a 38 page thread for example on Buz and Baldy yet not a squeek from the club as to whether we are actually interested in them at all. Visit BCFC web site Click on the news tab and see for yourselves just what utter outdated clap trap we are fed....Surely a one liner " Derek confirms Baldock approach" isnt go to push the club into a financial spiral culminating in liquidation.

Look at the article posted on the 31st July for example " Manager Clarifies Wilson Position" over two weeks on and still nobody has a clue whats going on.

OK If you wish... but and its a big but, these days we have the internet, the web, twitter, facebook, and most importantly reporters who have access to all these...a little bit of information from the club, on the clubs website, about these things wouldnt go amiss. We have a 38 page thread for example on Buz and Baldy yet not a squeek from the club as to whether we are actually interested in them at all. Visit BCFC web site Click on the news tab and see for yourselves just what utter outdated clap trap we are fed....Surely a one liner " Derek confirms Baldock approach" isnt go to push the club into a financial spiral culminating in liquidation.

Look at the article posted on the 31st July for example " Manager Clarifies Wilson Position" over two weeks on and still nobody has a clue whats going on.

If Del did confirm all of the players he was interested in to the public then this would have a negative effect. For example, imagine if he came out and said we had agreed a fee for Baldock. All other interested parties would immediately submit a bid. This would then turn into a bidding war, meaning we may be priced out of a move on a player we would have signed had we kept it all under the radar.

Im delighted with the way Del has gone about his transfer dealings, refusing to spend over the odds on average players e.g A Gerrard, and by how he is playing his cards close to his chest.

But why would they? Other than to satisfy your curiosity, what would be achieved? Everyone would know that we've submitted a bid, there'd probably be 380 pages on this thread instead of 38 and what would it have achieved? We'd have confirmation of what we can all work out from Del's silence; that he's someone we're interested in but we haven't signed him yet. But being upset with the club for not doing what they've never done before and no other clubs ever do is, in my opinion, ludicrous

If Del did confirm all of the players he was interested in to the public then this would have a negative effect. For example, imagine if he came out and said we had agreed a fee for Baldock. All other interested parties would immediately submit a bid. This would then turn into a bidding war, meaning we may be priced out of a move on a player we would have signed had we kept it all under the radar.

Im delighted with the way Del has gone about his transfer dealings, refusing to spend over the odds on average players e.g A Gerrard, and by how he is playing his cards close to his chest.

Im not displeased either with the way Del has tried to bring some quality to the club..far from it.. But a little bit more disclosure would not do any of the harm you suggest...like I said before most Professional Footballers Agents when that player becomes available spends considerable time ringing around interested parties trying to broker the best deal for his player and himself... The first person they ring is usually the " freindly sports journalist" a bidding war is just what they want... Its also very rare that once a transfer fee and conditions is agreed by both parties the deal will be broken as essentially a contract is in place and will be generally upheld by the FA and or legal process.

Im not displeased either with the way Del has tried to bring some quality to the club..far from it.. But a little bit more disclosure would not do any of the harm you suggest...like I said before most Professional Footballers Agents when that player becomes available spends considerable time ringing around interested parties trying to broker the best deal for his player and himself... The first person they ring is usually the " freindly sports journalist" a bidding war is just what they want... Its also very rare that once a transfer fee and conditions is agreed by both parties the deal will be broken as essentially a contract is in place and will be generally upheld by the FA and or legal process.

And what for the player who is then publicly known the be 2nd,3rd,4th etc choice? How endeared to the club would they then be, especially if a bidding war for that player ensued? Even if they still came, there is huge pressure on that player. What for west ham if we say we are in for Baldock, but the player doesn't agree a deal? Fans could turn on him to hound him out, or if he's drafted in subsequntly by west ham there is far more pressure on him with there willingness to sell being in the public domain.

There is far more to consider than keeping supporters appeased and frankly why anyone gives a cahoots about someone who may or may not end up coming here is beyond me. I will become excited once they are in a shirt, anything until then is irrelevant.

Archived