IGNORED

Buzsaky / Baldock (+ A Little Bit Of Gerrard) .... Merged

Brizzle Jordan

Tw @ tter living up to its 'useless media' reputation again. :bounce:

Absolute joke, I bet not one of these 'ITKs' has any idea as do 100% of people on here.

Who got the Anderson transfer?..........nobody.

BCAGFC

His Dad!

He was the one who told that paper in Leicestershire.

Wilson not signing today doesn't mean he won't. McInnes has already said rb isn't a priority position. He may sign but only after we have the cf and cd that del and most of us realise is more important.

I think that means then he will never sign. Can anyone see us getting the striker and centre half we want in the not to distant future.If Del has been going at it since June and we are now getting on for mid August and still have not got them then I don't hold out much hope. I would love to know who we have been chasing and the money we have been offering because something is wrong some where.

I think that means then he will never sign. Can anyone see us getting the striker and centre half we want in the not to distant future.If Del has been going at it since June and we are now getting on for mid August and still have not got them then I don't hold out much hope. I would love to know who we have been chasing and the money we have been offering because something is wrong some where.

Plenty of other clubs are having the same problem. Man City and Mancini are struggling to secure targets even with their millions.

Agreed. Need someone who has fire, not just a paycheck fondler

http://www.dailymail...t-hits-out.html

Still rumoured up here that he is keen to sign for Rangers...

http://forum.rangers...pic=233172&st=0

Just wished he would sign for someone............

Sportsmail has also learned that Buzsaky – who only left Premier League Queens Park Rangers at the end of last season – is also seriously considering an offer to play in SFL Division three despite interest from Championship clubs after learning of the cash on offer.

Can never take rumours too seriously but if it's correct that rangers are offering high wages Is just surely a Pompey all over again!

I find it a bit of a joke that the yearly player ban doesn't come into effect until the end of the deadline or sometime near that time

It's like your in Division 3 but here you go, here is a huge head start.

My take on the continuing Baldock saga:

West Ham had accepted an offer from BCFC and the player had had his medical at BS3 and wanted to come, However WHU wanted to get in a replacement in before allowing SB to leave

In the meantime WHU had an offer of £9m turned down for Wolves Matt Jarvis but because it was £6m up front with the remaining £3m over the next two years Wolves weren't interested. WHU then pulled out of the Baldock deal with us to add him to the Jarvis offer as a sweetener personally i feel that WHU have not acted in a proffesional manner or been fair to either us or SB

Hopefully SB will not be interested in being 4th choice striker at the Wolves or their manager has no interest in SB and only wants cash for Jarvis

Anyway i can see this going on til Xmas at this rate

My take on the continuing Baldock saga:

West Ham had accepted an offer from BCFC and the player had had his medical at BS3 and wanted to come, However WHU wanted to get in a replacement in before allowing SB to leave

In the meantime WHU had an offer of £9m turned down for Wolves Matt Jarvis but because it was £6m up front with the remaining £3m over the next two years Wolves weren't interested. WHU then pulled out of the Baldock deal with us to add him to the Jarvis offer as a sweetener personally i feel that WHU have not acted in a proffesional manner or been fair to either us or SB

Hopefully SB will not be interested in being 4th choice striker at the Wolves or their manager has no interest in SB and only wants cash for Jarvis

Anyway i can see this going on til Xmas at this rate

I'd love it to go like that but I don't think it has as west ham already have 12 strikers in,

I think he's stalling for more money elseware which is why i think we should move on

Nothing is necessarily wrong anywhere. There's a transfer window from July to late August. McInnes knows the time available and knows he doesn't need to overpay transfer fees or wages or settle for the wrong players to get deals completed earlier - I think a lot of the reason we ended up Stewart and Hunt a couple of years back was because there was a perceived rush to get people in before the start of the season and we got the wrong players.

My guess is McInnes knows who he wants and is prepared to be patient if he has to be to try and get them. I'd also imagine he has back-up ideas if the initial targets ended up saying no/the deals aren't right but, with 17 days 'til the end of the transfer window, it'd be daft to rush on to the back-up ideas if there's still a chance of getting the preferred targets. Even if that means we go through the first 3 games of the season only having got 4 new signings in - I'd rather have the right 2 or 3 players for 43 games out of 46 than the wrong players for 3 games longer.

Maybe in two weeks time it'll turn out we've not got our preferred targets and are signings are a bit underwhelming but I think it's foolish to prejudge things or assume there's a problem just because the manager is using the whole transfer window to conduct his business.

I'd love it to go like that but I don't think it has as west ham already have 12 strikers in,

I think he's stalling for more money elseware which is why i think we should move on

It could be him stalling for more money but I wouldn't assume that without evidence.

It's equally possible it might initially have been more to do with agreeing the fee/the terms of the deal - i.e. West Ham agreed the deal in principal and let him discuss terms but, because the payments are a bit complicated due to the Maynard situation of them owing us money too, the two chairmen have been playing brinksmanship in agreeing who pays who when.

Obviously then, when the Jarvis situation came up, it's in West Hams's interest to include Baldock, knock £2-3 million off the transfer fee and still owe us £1 million (meaning their cashflow is £1 million to £2 million than it would be otherwise) than to sell Baldock to us, write off the £1 million owed and receive £300, 000 (meaning their cashflow is £300, 000 up but that's written off by the extra cash they pay for Jarvis), which would explain why they might try and put Baldock on the Wolves deal rather than sell him to us.

Unfortunately, if all that is the case, I suspect we're now caught in 2 separate negotiations (the one between us and West Ham and the one between Wolves and West Ham) and this could all drag on a bit longer. Unless we tell West Ham to take or leave our offer in which case they might accept it to make sure they get something for Baldock or might call our bluff in which case we're no further along. So we're either going to have to move on to our back-up target or wait until the end of the transfer window and hope for the best.

Obviously this is all speculation but I do wonder if it's what's going on as it seems to fit with all the more plausible Twitter rumours and known facts.

Nothing is necessarily wrong anywhere. There's a transfer window from July to late August. McInnes knows the time available and knows he doesn't need to overpay transfer fees or wages or settle for the wrong players to get deals completed earlier - I think a lot of the reason we ended up Stewart and Hunt a couple of years back was because there was a perceived rush to get people in before the start of the season and we got the wrong players.

My guess is McInnes knows who he wants and is prepared to be patient if he has to be to try and get them. I'd also imagine he has back-up ideas if the initial targets ended up saying no/the deals aren't right but, with 17 days 'til the end of the transfer window, it'd be daft to rush on to the back-up ideas if there's still a chance of getting the preferred targets. Even if that means we go through the first 3 games of the season only having got 4 new signings in - I'd rather have the right 2 or 3 players for 43 games out of 46 than the wrong players for 3 games longer.

Maybe in two weeks time it'll turn out we've not got our preferred targets and are signings are a bit underwhelming but I think it's foolish to prejudge things or assume there's a problem just because the manager is using the whole transfer window to conduct his business.

Who do you think you are coming on here talking sense? Be gone with you!

It could be him stalling for more money but I wouldn't assume that without evidence.

It's equally possible it might initially have been more to do with agreeing the fee/the terms of the deal - i.e. West Ham agreed the deal in principal and let him discuss terms but, because the payments are a bit complicated due to the Maynard situation of them owing us money too, the two chairmen have been playing brinksmanship in agreeing who pays who when.

Obviously then, when the Jarvis situation came up, it's in West Hams's interest to include Baldock, knock £2-3 million off the transfer fee and still owe us £1 million (meaning their cashflow is £1 million to £2 million than it would be otherwise) than to sell Baldock to us, write off the £1 million owed and receive £300, 000 (meaning their cashflow is £300, 000 up but that's written off by the extra cash they pay for Jarvis), which would explain why they might try and put Baldock on the Wolves deal rather than sell him to us.

Unfortunately, if all that is the case, I suspect we're now caught in 2 separate negotiations (the one between us and West Ham and the one between Wolves and West Ham) and this could all drag on a bit longer. Unless we tell West Ham to take or leave our offer in which case they might accept it to make sure they get something for Baldock or might call our bluff in which case we're no further along. So we're either going to have to move on to our back-up target or wait until the end of the transfer window and hope for the best.

Obviously this is all speculation but I do wonder if it's what's going on as it seems to fit with all the more plausible Twitter rumours and known facts.

how dare you speak sence to me do you not know who I am,

top post fella

Excellent post..

And while Del did say he wanted to get his business done early, to get the key targets he has had to wait that little longer..

I believe as well, that Dels focus remains on his 'favoured' players but as you rightly say there will be numerous back up plans should he fail in attracting the main ones.

Excellent post..

And while Del did say he wanted to get his business done early, to get the key targets he has had to wait that little longer..

I believe as well, that Dels focus remains on his 'favoured' players but as you rightly say there will be numerous back up plans should he fail in attracting the main ones.

I agree with both you and London Bristolian, the only downside that I can see from that strategy is that we will have to hope the players we bring in have had the type of pre-season DMC and the team clearly felt was necessary for the rest of the squad.

Wow lots of sense being spoken on here today. Yep we need to trust del and I'm sure lots of effort is being made behind the scenes to get the right people in. I'm glad the club keep their council with regards to transfer news for two reasons. One, it's professional and two, it makes for good entertainment to speculate and predict incoming players.

With regards to players coming in after the season starts and missing out on pre-season, I'm sure that won't be a problem. Del and Doc will make sure they get them up to speed with more fitness work than the others.

Archived