IGNORED

Edl Causing Trouble In Bristol...

Cider army1981

For historical accuracy - I think you will find that Muslims never served in Sikh or Hindi military units.

None.

Who cares where the Muslims came from - it's a religion - not a race, remember?

1 SS Muslim Battalion says something - dozens scream from the rooftops.

The fact that they served against the Allied countries should not be forgotten. Some are still alive now, and I doubt their views have changed much.

Yes, but there were also Muslim units in the Indian Army. They became the Pakistan National Army after 1947. It should also be remembered that after the fall of Singapore it was a Sikh, Mohan Singh, who switched allegiances. By the end of the war, Muslim-dominated countries Turkey, Iraq, Iran and Egypt were on our side too.

I also think you misunderstood my point about the SS; it's not that one of the units containing Muslims were formed from these areas, it was that ALL of them were. The tactic was to recruit ethnic and social groups that had been in conflict in their own countries and especially in the Soviet lands, the Azeri, Chechen and Uzbek people. It wasn't just Muslims; perhaps most famously The Chetnik's who were trained and armed by us to fight with Tito's Partisans, before they turned on them and allied themselves with the Axis. Going back to WW1, Muslims also fought on both sides; think Laurence Of Arabia?

Like I said, if you're going to lecture people on Islamic aggression towards the West, I just think it's important that all the information is presented correctly. There is very little to suggest that Muslims served on either side of WW2 for ideological purposes and I'm genuinely baffled as to why you feel it's an issue that bears any relevance to the situation society is faced today

.......'aside from Moor2Sea's troubling views on Women's rights' ..... whoosh, only joking there matey .... unlike some religions I treat them as absolute equals not inferiors.

Also suggest rather than a memorial to animals, mankind in general and medieval religions, in particular, start giving them some ******* respect and compassion.

Apologies then but it didn't read like that chief

There aren't actually many religions that are overly nice to women- remember a few months ago that woman who died in Ireland because the Catholic authorities refused her an abortion despite knowing full well that she would die without it?

War memorial attacks .... 'No arrests have been made'.

Well what a surprise Mr Plod.

They've daubed over the almost newly erected RAF Bomber Command memorial. My own Grandfather was attached to RAF Bomber Command - a very sad day for this country following on from one of our serving soldiers being hacked to death in his own country........

_67845629_bbc_memorial1.jpg

They've daubed over the almost newly erected RAF Bomber Command memorial. My own Grandfather was attached to RAF Bomber Command - a very sad day for this country following on from one of our serving soldiers being hacked to death in his own country........

_67845629_bbc_memorial1.jpg

While I agree it's a disgusting and disrespectful act, who are 'they'? If you know who did it, you should be talking to the police RG

Ah - try the hadith's mate - there is a ritual:

A prayer to allah

The feet are to be on the bowl, with the clothing to cover the genitals from being seen (by the person using the toilet!)

A cloth, paper, dirt or gravel may be used, along with water to cleanse the area.

The waste is left for women to clean up.

Maybe you read the "all muslims are top people" translation.

There is actually a Hadith about intercourse with livestock. Hopefully that is never needed by the NHS.

Hows the search for the significance of the left hand going?

You will find it eventually.

Funnily enough, the bible has a law regarding sex with animals, too. In Leviticus 20:15 it says "And if a man lie with a beast he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast"

Seems a little harsh on the beast. Perhaps it was guilty of leading the man on.

As you probably know, there are different hadith for different sects of islam, which have different interpretations in different traditions.

None of these instruct a person to wipe their bum with a bare left hand. When you wipe your bum, do use your right hand? And do you eat crisps with that hand?

I believe you are talking about the old story that the left hand is reserved for bodily hygiene and considered unclean and so handing over an item with one's left hand is considered an insult. Isn' t this an Arab, rather than Muslim, tradition?

Don't doubt the power of Jesus, brother.

He was no paedophile (unlike Mohammed with his 9 year old wife).

Ah I thought sleeping with what we now call minors, was rife for all all back then, Christians and muslims were all at it. Once the breast started to take shape back then, then they were classed as adult.

All very different now of course.

Well thats not a religious thing. Roman girls were married at 12, but then the life expectancy was 30 so that was middle age!

I think in most medieval societies a girl would be married off when they had a period.

Egyption commanders had a thing for young boys...

I expect the greeks did too.

There is no moral relativism between Christianity and Islam. They are not comparable. The Koran is awash with violence. The New Testament, well, you should have a good idea what is in that. We are very lucky that Vienna was defended against the jihadis.

The New Testament is basically the story of a religious extremist who claimed to be the son of God and who annoyed the local government/local religion to the point where he was sentenced to death.

The New Testament is basically the story of a religious extremist who claimed to be the son of God and who annoyed the local government/local religion to the point where he was sentenced to death.

He is a nice chap though. Jesus can come to my house any time. Mr Bombhead with the swords and the predilection for young children can't.

I see less bullshit spouted on that football rumours website than there is on this thread- with the biggest turds coming from those who are telling others to "get their facts right" or "do your research". I'm not going to get into the specifics of anyone's arguments, as this is too complex a social issue to bs properly discussed on a football website, but needless to say, there are people of all religions with some pretty disgusting views and I personally view religion- Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, whatever- as a bigger threat to this planet than all the melting ice caps and drowning polar bears you can muster

However, just because I disagree with organised religion doesn't mean I should be ignorant of it and many of the posts are ignorant in the extreme. So, I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me when they speak of 'Muslims' what 'Muslims' are they speaking of? Was it Shia Muslims who killed that soldier? Sunni? And if they're terrorists, what terrorist doctrine did they subscribe too? Are they Al-Shabbab? Al Queda? Al-Musrahadeen? And If we're sending all these terrorists 'home' where do we send them? Given that at least one of the Woolwich attackers was born in the UK do we send him back to North London? Or of them from abroad, which of the countries arbitrarily created after WW1 or WW2 to allow the division of power between European countries should we send them to? If we ban Sharia law, which versions do we ban? What about other interpretations of Islamic law? Did any of you even know there were countless other Islamic legal doctrines depending on where abouts you're from? Thought not

The main problem here (other than Moor2Sea's troubling views on womens rights) is that none of you have a fuking clue what you're on about. This is partly the fault of the media, who find it more convenient to scare us with broad brush strokes like 'Muslim' or 'Islam' than actually describe what the threat is. If they did describe the 'threat' accurately you wouldn't be scared and they wouldn't sell as many papers

'Muslims' only exist in the way that 'Christians' exist and just stating 'Islam' is like not differentiating between Catholicism and Protestantism. Far more Muslims are being killed by other Muslims in the world than by Western interventionist foreign policy and far more White Christians are killed in this country by other nominally White Christians here than by Islamic terrorists. People need to get a fuking grip

Could you elaborate on these different versions of sharia law?

Well good on them. I'm amazed how people are queueing up to bash the EDL when they're standing up for the values most of us hold dear.

Yeah, they really make you feel proud to be English.

Could you elaborate on these different versions of sharia law?

Unlike many on here, I'm not an expert on Sharia law, just pointing out that there are many interpretations of islamic law so speaking of 'sharia law' is inaccurate. Anyway, Paddy31 seems to have directed you to appropriate resource

Anyway, I'm not defending Islam the religion; I don't care for any religion (Catholicism is my least fave for personal reasons) and even in its more liberal interpretations, there are some pretty unsavoury aspects to it IMO, but individuals or organisations spouting crap about it have already lost the argument in my opinion because they start from a position of complete ignorance and misinformation

Unlike many on here, I'm not an expert on Sharia law, just pointing out that there are many interpretations of islamic law so speaking of 'sharia law' is inaccurate. Anyway, Paddy31 seems to have directed you to appropriate resource

Anyway, I'm not defending Islam the religion; I don't care for any religion (Catholicism is my least fave for personal reasons) and even in its more liberal interpretations, there are some pretty unsavoury aspects to it IMO, but individuals or organisations spouting crap about it have already lost the argument in my opinion because they start from a position of complete ignorance and misinformation

So if these interpertations of sharia law deviate from each other just a little bit (which is the case), is it not reasonable for their outcomes to be roughly the same? Paddy31 may have directed me to an appropriate resource but i was asking you

So if these interpertations of sharia law deviate from each other just a little bit (which is the case), is it not reasonable for their outcomes to be roughly the same? Paddy31 may have directed me to an appropriate resource but i was asking you

Sorry chief, don't understand what the question is. As I said, I ain't an expert

Archived