IGNORED

Edl Causing Trouble In Bristol...

Cider army1981

To be honest TRL, I am surprised given the circumstances and the surroundings that the police didn't actually use shotguns.

Shotguns spread their shot, too dangerous with joe public aroung

If it was a shoot to kill policy surely they would? Trouble with the torso shot, there is a lot of soft tissue, there is a relatively high chance it will kill, but not immediately, and that it the problem. I am sure if I got shot twice in the torso I wouldn't get up and the pain would be unbearable. but adrenalin does funny things.

But thanks for the info, I wasn't aware the police had a shot to kill policy. I knew the armed forces did. I can only presume there were medical personnel there to ensure these guys had the best chance of survival for interrogation.

Pretty much the first line of the rule book is, 'we do not shoot to stop or disable, the intention is to shoot to kill".

Islam extremist make up about %5 of the Islamic population, so on estimate there would be less than %1 of that population in the UK, Let's not tar all of Islam with the same brush,

Just like our Pwopper Nawty geezers, We're not all like them, I believe the Muslims who have extremist views should be deported/arrested, The same as I would if I went to there country and shouted about all them going to hell because there Islamic

Not all of Islam is Extreme, Just the same as not all football fans are Hooligans,

The EDL on the other hand, It's like a combined gang of all the footy hooligans that have there extremist views,

I'm a youngster so can't remember, But what was it that lit the fuse to this time bomb? Tony Blair going to war with Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan? Or was it before then?

the crusades my fried hundreds and hundreds of years ago, where the the Christians rode through europe to the muslim lands raping and pillaging along the way, hey they even used to hog roast babies.

But that is religion for you :) Actually it goes back further than that, but the crusades is a real big beef the muslims have

When using shotguns in these circumstances, you wait until you see the whites of their eyes believe me, I mean really close, hand guns at distance are far more dangerous with Joe Public around. Which is why most planned ambushes are well away from Joe Public. and this was not a planned ambush.

Pretty much the first line of the rule book is, 'we do not shoot to stop or disable, the intention is to shoot to kill".

Makes sense. you cannot guarantee survival being hit with anything, let alone a couple of bullets

Depending on the cartridge and setting of the gun you can get anything from a spray the size of a small plate to something that could pepper an entire house.

The shoot to disable thing - it's stupidly hard to do, hence why it's not common practice. They only shoot if their life is in danger, and shoot at the largest part of the body (torso) and shoot until the target is not a threat (dead or stopped moving/being a threat) - I think the Police fired 6 shots at the suspects in Woolwich.

on another note - this shoot to disarm always amazed me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=purlWO0N1FI

Looking back at some of my posts and I fear I may have turned into George Galloway. :ranting: <---- our george

But seriously I think everyone needs to keep calm and carry on.

The Muslims aren't trying to take over (no politician or major religious leader has ever said that they want this)

99.99999% of Muslims are lovely people who do nothing but good for our communities

The police do shoot to kill (they used rifles not rubber bullets or tazers)

There are extremists in every faith, community, race etc etc

The EDL :argh:

Islam extremist make up about %5 of the Islamic population, so on estimate there would be less than %1 of that population in the UK, Let's not tar all of Islam with the same brush,

Just like our Pwopper Nawty geezers, We're not all like them, I believe the Muslims who have extremist views should be deported/arrested, The same as I would if I went to there country and shouted about all them going to hell because there Islamic

Not all of Islam is Extreme, Just the same as not all football fans are Hooligans,

The EDL on the other hand, It's like a combined gang of all the footy hooligans that have there extremist views,

I'm a youngster so can't remember, But what was it that lit the fuse to this time bomb? Tony Blair going to war with Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan? Or was it before then?

It was going on in the early 90's, I'm sure that Al Queada tried to blow up the World Trade Centre in New York in 1993, eight years before 9/11, which is when Islamic Extremists came into the public concoiusness!

That nice Mr Blair invading Iraq has a lot to answer for re the current unrest.

You are seriously having a laugh with that one aren't you? Must be the same as when Asians attack whites but it is never repoerted as a "race crime" along with the sex gang that only attacked underage white girls - we were told that wasn't a race crime attack either.

The bottom line is if certain muslims or any foreigners do not want to integrate in this country or shout bile on the streets they should not be here, but the spineless government do nothing about it as they will be labelled racist. The country needs to get a backbone and start deporting individuals who do nothing to help this country and just claim claim claim.

I wonder what you mean by integrate.

Do you mean get a job, pay taxes and get on with life?

Or sit around in their pants, drinking beer and watching reruns of "Till Death Do Us Part" on ITV4, all the while cursing the bloody immigrants because "We got enough bloody foreigners here as it is. Bloody country's swarming with Eyeties and Krauts and Froggies and Spagnollies and Brussel Sprouts. All coming over here and taking our jobs off of us, aren't they?"

Makes sense. you cannot guarantee survival being hit with anything, let alone a couple of bullets

For what it's worth Bud, I suspect that the strategy was probably on this occasion to shoot to disable and I suspect that the reasoning will be, the killers will have failed in their complete mission i.e.; they succeeded in the killing obviously but failed in the final outcome to die as martyrs and I suspect that they now in their minds will believe that they have to live with that particular shame, they may talk but I seriously doubt it.

For what it's worth Bud, I suspect that the strategy was probably on this occasion to shoot to disable and I suspect that the reasoning will be, the killers will have failed in their complete mission i.e.; they succeeded in the killing obviously but failed in the final outcome to die as martyrs and I suspect that they now in their minds will believe that they have to live with that particular shame, they may talk but I seriously doubt it.

I heard it was a woman that shot one of them, so i expect the balls are now missing! :)

Mate living in Kingswood says a Somalian woman badly beaten. Tough guys.

Rumours that the pub has been smashed up and serious assaults are unsubstantiated.

http://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/LocalPages/NewsDetails.aspx?nsid=27488&t=1&lid=1

Avon and Somerset Police have tweeted: "Reports a Somali woman has been assaulted in #Bristol are unsubstantiated at this stage. We remain in the Redfield area dispersing a crowd."

The EDL smashed up a pub. Probably just what Muslims would like to do as well.

Well done EDL, you utter morons.

Muslim extremists want the fall of western civilisation and peace. They're laughing their heads off when the EDL help them with their plan.

They wouldn't even set foot in a pub, I don't agree with the ideals of the EDL but they represent a controversial group of people that don't want anyone with black skin in the country. They have a right to their opinions just like anyone else, take that away and it is dictatorship. Shariah courts don't have a place in our country. They abide by our laws of the land, and ours only.

I drove through Church Road at six, saw about ten riot vans and about fifty skin heads chanting Enger land and using racist language outside Wetherspoons. Further down the road outside Tescos were about fifteen lefties surrounded by Old Bill. Also going about their weekend business were a lot of very concerned looking Poles, Somalis, Pakastanis etc.

The country needs to get a backbone and start deporting individuals who do nothing to help this country and just claim claim claim.

Can we then also find somewhere to send our own homegrown work shy, benefit scrounging ****s who do **** all for our economy except for cost me tax on my wages so they can stay at home and make children they can't afford to support?

They are the ones that boil my piss.

They wouldn't even set foot in a pub, I don't agree with the ideals of the EDL but they represent a controversial group of people that don't want anyone with black skin in the country. They have a right to their opinions just like anyone else, take that away and it is dictatorship. Shariah courts don't have a place in our country. They abide by our laws of the land, and ours only.

That's not quite true, there are in fact some black and Asian fellas that march with the edl. They are against radical extremist Islam. As usual a few headbangers latch on and give the police the excuse to get heavy which in turn leads to scenes like today.

Here's a question though would you rather be confronted by a so called edl extremist chanting a load of old bollocks with a pint in his hand or one of those Islamic extremists chanting Allah Akbar and wielding a meat cleaver?

I think I know which one is more dangerous

Can we then also find somewhere to send our own homegrown work shy, benefit scrounging ****s who do **** all for our economy except for cost me tax on my wages so they can stay at home and make children they can't afford to support?

You want to deport the royal family ? , who would have them.?

The point is that if a muslim kills someone, the media and the people of this country get very angry and innocent Muslims get persecuted and abused. A white man kills someone...may not even make the local news in favour of a story about a dog that can balance a ball on its nose. There are double standards there

No that is just lop sided journalism because it sells more papers that way.

There are shops in st george which say 'no whites' on the doors. Its disgusting. How can a sign like that not only be allowed this day and age but how has it not sparked trouble?

There are shops in st george which say 'no whites' on the doors. Its disgusting. How can a sign like that not only be allowed this day and age but how has it not sparked trouble?

......which shops?...would like to know..apart from being"wrong"must also be illegal..

I was on about shoot to injure, not shoot to kill, if you want to shoot to kill you keep firing if the target is still breathing after the first shot. :)

Pretty sure it's been reported on the news that both of Lee Rigbys killers were shot in the legs.

Think people need to do a bit of research on what the EDL are about and what there aims are.

To say they are racist is wrong, yes they have racists that associate themselves with the EDL, tho no more than the Labour, Conservative and Lib Dem party's I'm sure.

EDL are against the the majority of what Islam stands for as are Sikhs, Hindus.

It's not about the colour of a persons skin, it's about people that want to impose there beliefs and way of life in Britain and have very little tolerance of any other persons beliefs.

Archived