IGNORED

Rangers

Lew-T

Why are we playing a side that was playing in the Scottish Third Division last season for ??, What kind of Preparation is that

Obviously joking, This could attract a near full-house at Ashton Gate if the prices aren't to ridiculous. Remember the Atmosphere with Ajax at home ?

£16. bit steep if you ask me for a friendly.. I'd have flown back for a tenner. lorra larfs.

Policing costs.

Don't care. Pricing a friendly at that cost is going to put off quite a lot of people I would wager. Better to price a bit lower and draw more in.

7,500 people at £16 or 10,000 at £12 is the same outcome. Obviously just pulling figures out of the air but having given the club £329 already, being priced out of friendlies doesn't fill me with cheer!

12:30 KO!!!! That's an early departure for Rangers fans though I spect they will come down Friday night!

Found out a woman in work was a lifetime Rangers fan yesterday and has been to almost every ground in Scotland following them - spent all day going through grounds on the football ground guide - the next day we announce a friendly against them - weird eh!

Have a soft spot for rangers because of what their fans have been through. Fair play to them they still turn up in their tens of thousands every week

I don't feel sorry for them - I bet the 3 seasons they will spent coming up through the lower leagues will be the best 3 seasons most of their fans would have experienced. Surely they get bored after many years in the top division - trips to new small grounds would be a lot of fun.

Case in point - away to Berwick Rangers.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARlMjlO8KcI

Clearly I'm in a grumpy minority who are peeved that this costs more than a league game, due to police costs.

I know it's only money but it's still bloody steep for a nothing game between two sides in the third tier of their leagues. Why a 60% increase over the Reading game? Just because its Rangers and they know people will pay it.

Going to be quite a few slags at A.G. on July 13th who also follow Rangers.

Will be "interesting" !!

Just a day after the biggest day in N.I., July 12th, as well.

Rangers fans will be VERY loud !

get the slag blood hounds ready,seek and destroy! we wont miss em banjos ,straw hats, and dungerees! squeal piggy squeal.....

Clearly I'm in a grumpy minority who are peeved that this costs more than a league game, due to police costs.

I know it's only money but it's still bloody steep for a nothing game between two sides in the third tier of their leagues. Why a 60% increase over the Reading game? Just because its Rangers and they know people will pay it.

Because the police won't care about 50 reading fans but do care about 4000 rangers fans

Going to be quite a few slags at A.G. on July 13th who also follow Rangers.

Will be "interesting" !!

always wondered what you connection is with NI? I'm going to Belfast next weekend to see the in laws hoping tocatch a couple of the smaller parades on the 1st

Just a day after the biggest day in N.I., July 12th, as well.

Rangers fans will be VERY loud !

Because the police won't care about 50 reading fans but do care about 4000 rangers fans

So by that logic that's another 3950 lots of gate receipts to help foot the bill, thats without the increase in home fans. A larger crowd should mean the cost per spectator of putting on a game falling, not increasing.

Dress it up how you want, £16 to watch a friendly between two division 3 teams is poor, when a league game costs ST holders £14.

You can add me to your gang if you like!! £16 is a bit steep.

I don't feel sorry for them - I bet the 3 seasons they will spent coming up through the lower leagues will be the best 3 seasons most of their fans would have experienced. Surely they get bored after many years in the top division - trips to new small grounds would be a lot of fun.

Case in point - away to Berwick Rangers.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARlMjlO8KcI

Jolly difficult to eat a prawn sandwich among that lot.

Its great to have a friendly against such a big name but im a little cynical about it.

I know for a FACT that we have a number of fans that not only also support Rangers or Celtic but share their sectarian beliefs too. I just hope the day is just about football and none of this brainless nonsense gets brought up.

Archived