IGNORED

Rangers

Lew-T

Bristol is, historically, very Protestant. However, whilst there has been antagonism against Catholics (particularly Irish Catholics) during the 18/19/20th centuries, it's all (mostly) been rather tame, bordering on tolerant. Even during the Famine influx in the mid 19th century.

+1 to everything the previous poster has said.

Great news & well done BCFC, one of the biggest clubs in the British Isles playing at AG.

Don't like the early KO but understandable and hopefully this will add to our turnover, which in turn should help us with squad rebuilding.

John Gemmell, landlord of the Langton Court Inn will be a very happy bunny this morning.

Nice friendly, doubt if you'll make much money as I'd imagine Rangers fee is quite steep.

Still, get a full house in and hopefully (for you lot) some of the neutrals / casuals will come back again for the league games

Bore off.

Nice friendly, doubt if you'll make much money as I'd imagine Rangers fee is quite steep.

Still, get a full house in and hopefully (for you lot) some of the neutrals / casuals will come back again for the league games

Yes you also enjoy your massive pre season game against Reading reserves.

I don't feel sorry for them - I bet the 3 seasons they will spent coming up through the lower leagues will be the best 3 seasons most of their fans would have experienced. Surely they get bored after many years in the top division - trips to new small grounds would be a lot of fun.

Case in point - away to Berwick Rangers.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARlMjlO8KcI

Ah yes - Rangers back im Europe :noexp:

• Admin

To those questioning why not have a lower price and sell out?

Rangers will sell out their 4000.

Given previous history they'll probably do a Leeds (on a bigger scale) and buy 1000-2000 in home areas.

We usually get around 7000 for a lower prem team so will maybe get a little more for this.

Assuming a lower ticket price of £12 would have concession prices equally lowered...

14000x16=224000

To get the same revenue at £12 per adult we would need a crowd of 18666. Firstly are 4666 people put off by paying £4 extra? Secondly a sell out at AG these days is around 19500 & this is when segregation is minimal in the EE with as low as 500 seats not being used, for Rangers' visit an extra 1000 seats will be segragated meaning we cant reach 18666.

I personally think the pricing is about right. Ok its "only a friendly" but barring a complete transformation of our club with regular forays into the Champions League in the future, this is the only way we are ever likely to face Rangers, who let's face it are one of the UK's top clubs. Alsoa few season ticket holders are saying it is more expensive than a league game but take away the competition and would you rather pay to watch City vs Rangers or City vs Shrewsbury for a pound or two less??

If the football gets boring you can both talk about mutual topics.

Administration, costs of Policing a game etc

Go away you boring pr-ick.

I believe you are at Bath City that day so if the football is boring which I would imagine it probably will be the few of you can talk about how you used to squat at their ground and how you will once again be leaving Bristol. :laughcont:

Be sure to get a copy of the Post on the following Monday. It will have a picture of a full away stand, something you pikeys can't manage.

To think, they will have more fans there than you could muster last year.

Dress it up how you want, £16 to watch a friendly between two division 3 teams is poor, when a league game costs ST holders £14.

Well, I suppose you could go to the cinema and buy a bag of stale popcorn instead...

Or, you could man the hell up and come and watch one of the biggest football clubs in Britain play Glasgow Rangers.

To those questioning why not have a lower price and sell out?

Rangers will sell out their 4000.

Given previous history they'll probably do a Leeds (on a bigger scale) and buy 1000-2000 in home areas.

We usually get around 7000 for a lower prem team so will maybe get a little more for this.

Assuming a lower ticket price of £12 would have concession prices equally lowered...

14000x16=224000

To get the same revenue at £12 per adult we would need a crowd of 18666. Firstly are 4666 people put off by paying £4 extra? Secondly a sell out at AG these days is around 19500 & this is when segregation is minimal in the EE with as low as 500 seats not being used, for Rangers' visit an extra 1000 seats will be segragated meaning we cant reach 18666.

I personally think the pricing is about right. Ok its "only a friendly" but barring a complete transformation of our club with regular forays into the Champions League in the future, this is the only way we are ever likely to face Rangers, who let's face it are one of the UK's top clubs. Alsoa few season ticket holders are saying it is more expensive than a league game but take away the competition and would you rather pay to watch City vs Rangers or City vs Shrewsbury for a pound or two less??

Can't see the need for 1,000 seats of segregation? We won't be in the EE so there won't be any need for segregation. The lay outs of the separate stands provide segregation naturally...

It won't be boring unlike your big pre season game against Reading Reserves.

Well, I suppose you could go to the cinema and buy a bag of stale popcorn instead...

Or, you could man the hell up and come and watch one of the biggest football clubs in Britain play Glasgow Rangers.

I think i will go to the cinema that day

• Admin

Can't see the need for 1,000 seats of segregation? We won't be in the EE so there won't be any need for segregation. The lay outs of the separate stands provide segregation naturally...

The article (which ill admit I havent read as its on that website) says that they will have sole use of the EE and have been given 4000 tickets...hence the extra 1000 seats segragation i mentioned.

People who are moaning about the £16, its simple. If you dont wanna pay it, then dont go, as i would imagine this will be a near sell out. We have to pay police costs for a potential sell out and 6-7k Rangers in and around the ground.

As for the blue fewers piping up, maybe you should come back when you can actually draw a decent friendly in.

Go away you boring pr-ick.

I believe you are at Bath City that day so if the football is boring which I would imagine it probably will be the few of you can talk about how you used to squat at their ground and how you will once again be leaving Bristol. :laughcont:

Wrong, get your facts right.

Let's wait and see if the Police approve this game.

The article (which ill admit I havent read as its on that website) says that they will have sole use of the EE and have been given 4000 tickets...hence the extra 1000 seats segragation i mentioned.

4000 is (I think) considered the max the EE can hold due to it's restricted views...? But there are around 5,500 seats in the stand so you may be right. They may block off the block closest to the Dolman??

Archived