IGNORED

Rangers

Lew-T

Nobody else wants them so we'll offer them a game .. suspect it's the fear of violence that scares them off. Protestant Paisley Boys:

NEWCO Rangers have been left without any pre-season matches after organisers of their tour of Germany cancelled the trip.

The Ibrox club suffered further rejection a day after being denied entry to the Scottish Premier League.

A statement on www.rangersfc.co.uk read: “The Rangers Football Club has been informed by the organisers of our pre-season trip to Germany that they can no longer offer us a place on the tour.

“The team was due to play three games in Germany between 18-25 July, but the trip will now not take place at their request.”

Southampton and Le Havre had previously withdrawn invitations to Ally McCoist’s team to play pre-season fixtures.

(i am a gers fan who signed up to reply to this stupidity)

that was last season as only 6 players turned up for pre season as a number of players didn't transfer to the new company e.g Steven Naismith of Everton. The club had no pre season and only received their SFA license a few days before the first match of the season a cup match away against Brechin. Rangers have a pre season tour of Holland/Germany after this match. We also play Wednesday at Hillsborough. Do your research before making stupid comments.

anyway, Gers fans are looking forward to this. It will be a good trip. Personally, think the 4k allocation is too small as we will bring more bet hey ho :) seen a guy ask what players RFC have. We have a squad basically full of ex SPL players such as David Templeton. We also have US national team captain Carlos Bocanegra and Romanian international Dorin Goain. Players like Lee Wallace and Andy Little are also very good. people who are saying we are a second division team, yes we are but our squad is very much SPL standard so I think this will be a good match

Well done Bristol City for attracting the second biggest club in Britain to Ashton Gate, this is a real coup. I favour Celtic myself but they are the under dogs no doubt and Rangers are the establishment club and are huge. Only Man Utd have a bigger support in my opinion. I really believe that this match will sell out even at £16. There will be many more than 4,000 Gers fans in attendance and I think all City fans should want to be at an occasion like this. I also think it is a good test for City as everyone knows that Rangers are not really a third tier team and will be back in the SPL in the next couple of seasons.

Nice friendly, doubt if you'll make much money as I'd imagine Rangers fee is quite steep.

Still, get a full house in and hopefully (for you lot) some of the neutrals / casuals will come back again for the league games

Oh Danny. Oh Danny, Danny, Danny.

Here's a little lesson for you about Salary Cost Management Protocol (more widely known as FFP).

For Bristol City, in League 1, we are allowed to spend 60% of our TURNOVER in wages. Remember that very important word - TURNOVER.

By seeking such a high profile pre-season opponent, we are thus ensuring a higher attendance, ergo more money through the turnstiles.

So put simply, young Daniel of the Sour Persuasion, if we sell, for example 15,000 tickets at £16 a pop, that'll give us gate receipts of £240,000.

Breaking that down for you even more my little crap-kit friend, this £240k is TURNOVER. It could potentially pay the wages of 2 players on £2,300 per week (or 1 at £4,600 per week).

So thanks Rangers - you've helped us pay the wages of one of our overpaid wasters. Good on ya.

Whether or not the match ends up as a PROFIT for BCFC may be debatable, but for a club like ours who will struggle to stay under the wage cap this season due to too many players still earning too good a wage for this league, this here friendly is a real boost.

Got that Danny. Oh, and now if you would kindly nick off back from whence you came and quit souring this board with your disconcertingly all-to regular tripe (250+ posts for a crap-kit is surely not sane?)

As an Irish man who has lived in England for the last 30 odd years and a season ticket holder with BCFC for many years - I will not be attending this match.

I would feel utter putrid sickness at having to listen to two sets of supporters singing 'No Surrender' and other right wing, sectarian ditties throughout a football match.

Northern Irelands historical or current 'troubles' have **** all to do with Bristol City FC, it's supporters and the city of Bristol. A message to the naïve individuals whose flippant gloating in the loose belief that 'it's just a bit of banter'. I have 3 young sons who are all born in England, love football, support the nation they were born in (even when the old man is draped in green), but I will not take them to a match where their fellow countrymen suggest that to be 'English' you should come out with half crap mentioned in this thread.

I respect those Rangers fans who support their team without the need to refer to religion, sectarianism, dislike of anything Irish and are just proud Scots. I hope they have a good time in Bristol, but enjoy a crushing defeat to Bristol City.

As an Irish man who has lived in England for the last 30 odd years and a season ticket holder with BCFC for many years - I will not be attending this match.

I would feel utter putrid sickness at having to listen to two sets of supporters singing 'No Surrender' and other right wing, sectarian ditties throughout a football match.

Northern Irelands historical or current 'troubles' have **** all to do with Bristol City FC, it's supporters and the city of Bristol. A message to the naïve individuals whose flippant gloating in the loose belief that 'it's just a bit of banter'. I have 3 young sons who are all born in England, love football, support the nation they were born in (even when the old man is draped in green), but I will not take them to a match where their fellow countrymen suggest that to be 'English' you should come out with half crap mentioned in this thread.

I respect those Rangers fans who support their team without the need to refer to religion, sectarianism, dislike of anything Irish and are just proud Scots. I hope they have a good time in Bristol, but enjoy a crushing defeat to Bristol City.

Grebes, I am with you 100%.

IF City fans decide (in the majority) that an allegiance with the Gers is what they want then this season ticket holder since the 70's is gone! AFAIK BCFC is not and has never been a sectarian club with any allegiance either way and long may it continue.

My old man is from Derry, from Magherafelt and a season ticket holder since he came over in the 50's to get away from the issues and to bring myself and my siblings up without religious vitriol ( thanks dad) so I don't want to see OUR club showing allegiance to either side, it's (as you said) nothing to do with us.

I stopped posting on here many Months ago because of idiotic & offensive comments like this, you would not get away with saying such stereotypical nonsense about any other race/culture. You insult many City fans of Irish/Catholic descent in the name of "banter" . Shame on you wolfie as i see you and portland Bill as my favourite posters on the forum. Rant over. Pop up the Filwood Catholic Club one night and i'll buy you a Guinness. [/quote

Think you missed the joke, read the two posts I posed and you'll understand it mate, apologies if I offended any left footers out there. On your offer, I don't drink as it turns me into a opinionated, sectarian**** but I'd take a nice drop of sparkling water if that's available, lemon no ice, ta.

Celtic lose to Porto in UEFA Cup final and have a party.

Rangers lose to Zenit St Petersburg and have a riot.

I know which club I'd prefer to have visiting my City.

Maybe someone should arrange an EDL march on the 12th and make a real day of it.

Celtic - sometimes anti-social, but always anti-racist.

Maybe someone should arrange an EDL march on the 12th and make a real day of it.

Having lived in Scotland for 3 years now, I can tell you that the Green half of Scotland are certainly no angels....

If the Porto game was in Manchester I can assure you it wouldn't have been so peaceful..

Both teams have a reputation, and to site one better than the other is crazy......

Grebes, I am with you 100%.

IF City fans decide (in the majority) that an allegiance with the Gers is what they want then this season ticket holder since the 70's is gone! AFAIK BCFC is not and has never been a sectarian club with any allegiance either way and long may it continue.

My old man is from Derry, from Magherafelt and a season ticket holder since he came over in the 50's to get away from the issues and to bring myself and my siblings up without religious vitriol ( thanks dad) so I don't want to see OUR club showing allegiance to either side, it's (as you said) nothing to do with us.

It's comments like this that promote the worst side of the sectarianism..

Yes it happens.. I know dealing with it day to day up here.. But this is a football match, go support your team in the normal way and enjoy the football...

These comments just show how some folk see what they want and bring it to a forum..

Sorry, but you are wrong with that.

The clip below goes back 25 years admittedly, but you cannot claim that the fans at Parkhead have ALWAYS been anti racist.

Rangers first black player, a very skilful and talented winger by the name of Mark Walters got horrific abuse at Parkhead, you can hear monkey chants and booing every time he gets the ball. The number of bananas on the pitch is just sickening. There were a lot more than those shown in this clip, as well.

Walters got this at all away grounds, but Parkhead was always the worst.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWYpmF1j288

Really well timed when we're still trying to get permission for Ashton Vale. A few thousand p1ssed-up sectarian Jocks should go down really well with the dog-walkers and their friends in high places. :facepalm:

Seeing as it looks like being a village green it should be advertised as such. All our nice friends from Scotland are welcome to pitch tents here on the Friday night. Seeing as its an early kick-off.

It's a Pre-season friendly guys, hardly a high stake game against the matalan Catalan. Most rangers fans, and Celtic fans for that, don't care whatsoever about religion (1% of OF fans religious apparently) and those that sing those songs only really do so to wind up either side, nowhere near as hostile as some of you think it'll be, especially for a friendly.

It's obvious you hold Celtic close to your heart, but you need to see that both Celtic and rangers are bad.

It's like trying to say, bristol city has no hooligan element at all.

There is a massive list of why people dislike Celtic, for example "no bloodstained poppies on our shirts". Que the "family back in Ireland" etc etc.

Isn't that the whole point though? Football shouldn't be about all this.

You need to accept, that Celtic are not 100% holy and pure, like rangers fans need to do likewise.

The clip below goes back 25 years admittedly, but you cannot claim that the fans at Parkhead have ALWAYS been anti racist.

Rangers first black player, a very skilful and talented winger by the name of Mark Walters got horrific abuse at Parkhead, you can hear monkey chants and booing every time he gets the ball. The number of bananas on the pitch is just sickening. There were a lot more than those shown in this clip, as well.

That is Awful, truly truly awful. Why would any human do that to someone they had never met before.

It's comments like this that promote the worst side of the sectarianism..

Yes it happens.. I know dealing with it day to day up here.. But this is a football match, go support your team in the normal way and enjoy the football...

These comments just show how some folk see what they want and bring it to a forum..

Utter rubbish. Grebes and ciderups posts were both spot on.

Surely just banter???? ;-)

Thought I'd get some comeback on some Celtic fans treatment of Walters. Totally out of order of course.

As Grebes has said if City fans want a connection with Rangers then I won't be part of that either. I don't want an City association with Celtic either btw. Hopefully the game will go without incident and will earn us a shed load of cash. Not from me though.

Nice friendly, doubt if you'll make much money as I'd imagine Rangers fee is quite steep.

Still, get a full house in and hopefully (for you lot) some of the neutrals / casuals will come back again for the league games

on here again disco dan!!! you are a sad sag arent you :gasmask::gasmask::shutup::shutup:

Getting A Nasty Shock-The Bradford Ointment Story. Read how a pre-season friendly between Bradford City and Glasgow Rangers turned into a day of violence with over 50 arrested.

Been a few of The Rangers pre season games like that over the years, Sunderland , Newcastle etc where slashings/stabbings were happening . Don't think it'll happen in Bristol though with 12.30 k.o.

Having lived in Scotland for 3 years now, I can tell you that the Green half of Scotland are certainly no angels....

If the Porto game was in Manchester I can assure you it wouldn't have been so peaceful..

Both teams have a reputation, and to site one better than the other is crazy......

Spot on. 2 cheeks of the same arsehole.

On their last few visits to Manchester, sections of Celtic's fanbase took it upon themselves to sing pro-IRA songs in the city centre (which of course was bombed by said organisation in 1996), which as you can imagine went down like a fart in a lift with the locals.

Archived