IGNORED

Rangers

Lew-T

There won't be trouble - with any big support there's always idiots but tarring our fans with the same brush is just a generalised standard reaction suited to the media.

Comparing our club with MK Dons - really? A franchise club that stole another club's identity forcing them to start up AFC Wimbledon from the very bottom of the pyramid.

AFC Wimbledon didn't have to start from the bottom of the pyramid.

Hate the tit for tat that comes out whenever Celtic and Rangers are mentioned, usually just by the ignorant that 'follow' one side and not actual supporters.

This is a great friendly for City. Rangers will bring thousands are create a brilliant atmosphere. I don't anticipate trouble.

Both sides have idiots, but also not many sides will take the numbers to away games and friendlies like them either.

I've said it a few times, but I've been to a lot of Celtic games in England and I've always suffered more sectarian insults and abuse directed at the travelling fans then I've heard dished out (and of course I've heard some given out so I'm not proclaiming anyone's innocence).

Hate the tit for tat that comes out whenever Celtic and Rangers are mentioned, usually just by the ignorant that 'follow' one side and not actual supporters.

This is a great friendly for City. Rangers will bring thousands are create a brilliant atmosphere. I don't anticipate trouble.

Both sides have idiots, but also not many sides will take the numbers to away games and friendlies like them either.

I've said it a few times, but I've been to a lot of Celtic games in England and I've always suffered more sectarian insults and abuse directed at the travelling fans then I've heard dished out (and of course I've heard some given out so I'm not proclaiming anyone's innocence).

Celtic... shite. Rangers.... shite Greenock Morton.... Ace. Religion... shite

Celtic lose to Porto in UEFA Cup final and have a party.

Rangers lose to Zenit St Petersburg and have a riot.

I know which club I'd prefer to have visiting my City.

Maybe someone should arrange an EDL march on the 12th and make a real day of it.

Celtic - sometimes anti-social, but always anti-racist.

How about their hate of the English or doesn't that count.

Bristol City and Scottish teams in general have always afaik had elements of trouble in the sense that both sides of the border are up for a ruck, so on those grounds then the potential is there, it's got naff all to do with media perceptions and standard reactions

As for the MK Don's thing. Trying to buy a place in the SPL but then being admitted to the Scottish Lowest Division, because you were riding on the coat tails of the previous club. No, I cant see why I would make the comparison between MK Dons and yourselves. The only difference is that you've not moved away from the ground and haven't been forced to relenquish claims to the previous clubs history. I've not checked but what is 2012 company's situation with Rangers previous honours, have they been bought back, instantly giving yourself a history, despite the new club never having one? (I am fully aware of our past, we arent any different, I'm curious to know more)

For starters - we are the same club, a new company does not equate to a new club as ruled by every governing body worth their salt. If it's good enough for UEFA, the SFA, FIFA, SFL, SPL, ECA then it's good enough for me. The fact is we were run into the ground by a corrupt businessman and the fans have had to suffer for it.

AFC Wimbledon didn't have to start from the bottom of the pyramid.

They weren't a kick in the arse off it. Fact is - MK Dons STOLE Wimbledom and they shouldn't be considered as a real football club by any real fan. They are a sham with a pathetic manager, pathetic fans and a pathetic owner.

How about their hate of the English or doesn't that count.

There's a difference between hating someone for who they are and hating a nation for what they did. Amazes me how some people think that despite it's colonial past the whole world should still be thankful to Britain/England for 'civilising' them.

They weren't a kick in the arse off it. Fact is - MK Dons STOLE Wimbledom and they shouldn't be considered as a real football club by any real fan. They are a sham with a pathetic manager, pathetic fans and a pathetic owner.

I think you'll find they were 15 leagues above the bottom of the pyramid. I agree with the rest of your post though.

There's a difference between hating someone for who they are and hating a nation for what they did. Amazes me how some people think that despite it's colonial past the whole world should still be thankful to Britain/England for 'civilising' them.

Spot on.

Again. Why hate a nation, where the current people of that nation, had absolutely nothing to do with any of it?

shall we still hate Germans for the Second World War?

The move to MK was wanted by the Wimbledon chairman, recommended by a three man independent panel and approved by the FA. Should it have happened? No. Is it reasonable to carp on about MK Dons fans/manager years later, as if they should all stay in doors out of respect to Wimbledon fans? Nonsense. The fans are the same as other football fans (in the lower leagues): local people going to support their local team. Wimbledon had been run into the ground by their owners and a lack of fans. The move to MK was a solution, albeit not a great one. A precedent was set in Scotland by the move of Meadowbank Thistle from Edinburgh to Livingston in 1995, so hardly unheard of.

If people want a version of football not tainted by money (restructuring when convenient, big clubs running roughshod over smaller clubs by whisking off their talented youngster for pennies to keep the true order intact), they're unlikely to find in professional football in the UK - or indeed, within their own club. The amount of holier than thou super fans, who are allegedly all about tradition amazes me.

The move to MK was wanted by the Wimbledon chairman, recommended by a three man independent panel and approved by the FA. Should it have happened? No. Is it reasonable to carp on about MK Dons fans/manager years later, as if they should all stay in doors out of respect to Wimbledon fans? Nonsense. The fans are the same as other football fans (in the lower leagues): local people going to support their local team. Wimbledon had been run into the ground by their owners and a lack of fans. The move to MK was a solution, albeit not a great one. A precedent was set in Scotland by the move of Meadowbank Thistle from Edinburgh to Livingston in 1995, so hardly unheard of.

If people want a version of football not tainted by money (restructuring when convenient, big clubs running roughshod over smaller clubs by whisking off their talented youngster for pennies to keep the true order intact), they're unlikely to find in professional football in the UK - or indeed, within their own club. The amount of holier than thou super fans, who are allegedly all about tradition amazes me.

Keep your plastic crap off our forum.

Keep your plastic crap off our forum.

Thanks for the feedback. For the avoidance of doubt, I live in Milton Keynes, but have supported City since 1974. If City win 18 - 0 (unlikely I realise) on 24th August I'll be delighted. Guess living here may give me a bit more empathy with the locals and the dazzling hypocrisy of many fans of other clubs.

shall we still hate Germans for the Second World War?

That's up to you. That's my whole point. Celtic fans who object to things like poppies on the hoops because of Britain's involvement in Ireland is entirely up to them. You don't have to agree with it to understand.

If Germany had won and been an occupying force brutalising and repressing the British civilian population for 100s of years you may feel differently. Besides I think this is more about some Celtic fans dislike for flags, songs emblems and attitudes of Britain's colonial past stands for rather than the 'English'. (Let's not forget most Scots dislike England anyway).

You what now. The same club? Really okay, because you bought the assets of the Oldco and then wanted to distance yourself from any possible ramifications that the Oldco was subjected to. er, okay clearly makes you exactly the same? As per the Guardian

Basically you wanted your cake and to eat it. You've taken the Fiorentina route and bought a history for the new company whilst, wanting to be disassociated from the old companies stuff. In short you cannot be the same and have a sort of Palimpsest whereby you are writing a new history over an old one, which never existed for the new club in the first place.

Aside from that, then you know it's all gravy and it's definitely 'the same' Rangers, apart from being completely not the same The Rangers at all. Yay

Rangers are the same club, the company that owns the club changed and that is where all the fines should have been handed to. Since being relegated to SD3 Rangers have won numerous cases such as the big tax case and an attempt by Craig Whyte to take away even more millions from the club he pretty much single-handedly ruined. The crook has since been issued a warrant for arrest

As Greg RFC posted, if UEFA, the SFA, FIFA, SFL, SPL, ECA are prepared to acknowledge the fact Rangers are the same club I'd say that's much more reliable than a report written by a journalist in a newspaper.

You what now. The same club? Really okay, because you bought the assets of the Oldco and then wanted to distance yourself from any possible ramifications that the Oldco was subjected to. er, okay clearly makes you exactly the same? As per the Guardian

Basically you wanted your cake and to eat it. You've taken the Fiorentina route and bought a history for the new company whilst, wanting to be disassociated from the old companies stuff. In short you cannot be the same and have a sort of Palimpsest whereby you are writing a new history over an old one, which never existed for the new club in the first place.

Aside from that, then you know it's all gravy and it's definitely 'the same' Rangers, apart from being completely not the same The Rangers at all. Yay

Couldn't the same charges be laid against us?

How convenient. There are different types of hate. One type is alright the other is not. As for the crap you go on to say that I think the world should be thankful to us - exactly where have I said that. I think you have an astonishingly biased, simplistic and one dimensional view of history..But i guess it is useful to justify and support your one dimensional arguments.

I will ask and I think the answer is no.

Has our support an allegiance either way? I woud be absolutely amazed if there were any.

Bristol is a big city and has a fairly big Irish community so surely the club and it's support have no allegiance?

I'm not fishing BTW, just asking as I really was unaware if there were one. I'm just a City fan.

FWIW, I had a very good online chat wih Dave Lloyd when Del McInnes chose his 3 tunes, one of which was 'Penny arcrade' and questioned wether OUR club should be doing it. Dave was extremely gracious and expressed the club's innocence about the song. Personally, I would rather it not be played, as a catholic, but I wouldn't be aggressive about it.

I do sense a pro 'Gers attitude amomgst our support and really do want to know if there's something I wasn't aware of?

Has our support an allegiance either way? I woud be absolutely amazed if there were any.

Bristol is a big city and has a fairly big Irish community so surely the club and it's support have no allegiance?

I'm not fishing BTW, just asking as I really was unaware if there were one. I'm just a City fan.

FWIW, I had a very good online chat wih Dave Lloyd when Del McInnes chose his 3 tunes, one of which was 'Penny arcrade' and questioned wether OUR club should be doing it. Dave was extremely gracious and expressed the club's innocence about the song. Personally, I would rather it not be played, as a catholic, but I wouldn't be aggressive about it.

I do sense a pro 'Gers attitude amomgst our support and really do want to know if there's something I wasn't aware of?

Dont support ethier but do support Bristol City, looking forward to seeing Rangers & their fans at the Gate, but if I had to choose one or the other it would be Rangers purly due to the fact that Celtic sing anti English songs & songs in support of the IRA, where as Rangers sing God save the Queen & pro British songs (not very good reasons I know)

As to this 'Penney arcade' thing, to me & most City supporters its was/is just another song, same as 'Never Walk Alone'

The religion thing is another thing that never bothers me, dont remember the last time I was having a drink & checked out what religion some one was

As I said can wait for this game, or any other games that means big teams coming to the gate

How convenient. There are different types of hate. One type is alright the other is not. As for the crap you go on to say that I think the world should be thankful to us - exactly where have I said that. I think you have an astonishingly biased, simplistic and one dimensional view of history..But i guess it is useful to justify and support your one dimensional arguments.

That is my point - there is no one view. Some on here expect the whole world to be thankful to England, and if they aren't they seem to have a problem with that. It isn't black and white so for some to hold a different view - like Celtic fans not wanting a poppy on the shirt - is totally up to them.

I won't be going but still hope its a great day out for those that do.

Just for you Tim

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OarFG86LgEg

Personally i think its bloody brilliant and dont give a toss about religon

That is my point - there is no one view. Some on here expect the whole world to be thankful to England, and if they aren't they seem to have a problem with that. It isn't black and white so for some to hold a different view - like Celtic fans not wanting a poppy on the shirt - is totally up to them.

I won't be going but still hope its a great day out for those that do.

Archived