IGNORED

Cotterill: Legend

AshtonGreat

You're gonna get slated for that one mate...but I do agree. On the other hand...I'm a great believer in making luck work for you, by hard work and being in the right position at the right time. So hopefully he will be a lucky talisman.

There's a surprise.

Apparently Cotterill used Pack pretty much the same way at Cheltenham. Talk around the campfire is that SC doesn't really rate him that highly.

SC bombed Pack at Pompey so we know he don't rate him... amazed SC didn't bring him on sooner today though when C'field were well on top second half, shocking...

Once he was on we stopped getting overrun and were able to form decent attacks of our own eventually leading to the winner.

Apparently Cotterill used Pack pretty much the same way at Cheltenham. Talk around the campfire is that SC doesn't really rate him that highly.

Steve Cotterill left Cheltenham in 2002. Marlon Pack was born in 1991.

I'll let you work out how much shit you're talking.

Just my opinion, when we changed to 4-4-2 it came across (reading online) we seemed a lot more stable, granted we're doing phenomenally well 3 at the back just doesn't seem that safe to me.. But thats probably why I'm not a Football Manager!

Absolutely not. 442 means we become lightweight in midfield. This is why 352 works because of a 3rd Centre midfielder. Weve been weak as 442 for over 5 seasons. 352 works, plenty of balance and decent shape that way.

Almost 20 games unbeaten since last season, mainly with 352 tells me definitely no change required.

Bringing on Burns for Smith was totally the wrong substitution at the time it should have been Pack for Smith then we would have kept the formation at 3-5-2.

Instead we went from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 and while we were playing that formation Chesterfield ran the game.

When he brought Pack on in the 83rd minute we went back to 3-5-2 and then we scored. The 3-5-2 formation works for us so well as it means we effectively use our wide men who are extremely quick and clever (Bryan and Little) and keep it more compact everywhere else. We got a bit lucky in the end but a wins a win.

I was using the word 'legend' in the slightly throwaway, 'isn't he great!' sense. I realise he's not at John Atyeo level yet.

No one is at Atyeo level. Never will be I reckon - 349 goals 600+ appearances never sent off never booked.

Just had the thought of him ripping his shirt off after scoring, doing a sliding Klinsman towards to Dolman/East End corner  :laughcont:

He's brought the good times back to AG after some VERY dark days, and that's good enough for me. For the record, Carey was an excellent servant for the club, but legend?

I'm pretty hungover, so can't really be bothered to get annoyed by your cluelessness today. Suffice it to say, even jokingly claiming a journeyman manager who's had a successful start is a legend but our record appearance maker who literally broke his ******* skull in service to this club and has played with blood pissing out of cuts sustained putting his bonce on the line for BCFC is nothing more than an excellent servant?

What a crock of bollocks.

And I mean Journeyman in its truest sense, as defined by the oxford dictionary. Not the ridiculous creation of a word by illiterate football fans.

Now I'm going back to bed. 

It is said that when appointing his Generals, Napoleon asked not whether they were good but whether they were lucky.

Winning a title is a blend of good signings,  astute strategy and luck and Steve has, so far, had all three.

To say we we were anything but lucky in grabbing the winner in the last minute of extra time is fool's talk. 

It is said that when appointing his Generals, Napoleon asked not whether they were good but whether they were lucky.

Winning a title is a blend of good signings, astute strategy and luck and Steve has, so far, had all three.

To say we we were anything but lucky in grabbing the winner in the last minute of extra time is fool's talk.

Well I must be a fool then because I don't see why a well-worked move and good finish by Burns has anything to do with luck.

Bringing on Burns for Smith was totally the wrong substitution at the time it should have been Pack for Smith then we would have kept the formation at 3-5-2.

Instead we went from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 and while we were playing that formation Chesterfield ran the game.

When he brought Pack on in the 83rd minute we went back to 3-5-2 and then we scored. The 3-5-2 formation works for us so well as it means we effectively use our wide men who are extremely quick and clever (Bryan and Little) and keep it more compact everywhere else. We got a bit lucky in the end but a wins a win.

I have just watched the video highlights and our third goal is almost a replica of Chesterfield's second.

Burns did not track the runner who got to the bye-line for the pass which ended up in the net via Doyle.

Their midfield did exactly the same, letting Wade Elliott get round the back for the pass to Burns.

Only difference then was the degree of difficulty in scoring. Doyle had a two yard tap in while Burns leathered it from the penalty spot.

Well I must be a fool then because I don't see why a well-worked move and good finish by Burns has anything to do with luck.

I agree.  If we had scored that in the 76th minute would it have been luck?

Emotionally it feels lucky because it was virtually the last kick of the game.  But it had nothing to do with luck.

Archived