IGNORED

Wembley Tickets (Merged So Many Times We've Lost Count!)

David Scott

Waiting for tickets  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess the superfan dig is aimed at me so I'll take it up. What I am saying is that we need to be doing the groundwork week in week out to attract new blood or even lure people back who haven't been for weeks,months or years. Obviously promotion will be a big attraction if we do make it, and we need to be getting results too. If the unthinkable happens and we are still playing Fleetwood on a wet November evening the dizzy heights of Wembley will be a distant memory, win or lose in March.

Yes let the day trippers have a day out, but don't take their money from them and run. But also remember the core of fans who have been there for all too many bad times as they are the ones the club will be looking to again before another Wembley final comes along.

my sisters first every game was the play-off final against hull, she didn't like football and only went because my father wanted go,

she's hooked now and so are her kids all that from a day trip,

A small example of how a final can attract new fans but for every person like my sister there are about 100 who won't bother :( sad but true

I guess the superfan dig is aimed at me so I'll take it up. What I am saying is that we need to be doing the groundwork week in week out to attract new blood or even lure people back who haven't been for weeks,months or years. Obviously promotion will be a big attraction if we do make it, and we need to be getting results too. If the unthinkable happens and we are still playing Fleetwood on a wet November evening the dizzy heights of Wembley will be a distant memory, win or lose in March.

Yes let the day trippers have a day out, but don't take their money from them and run. But also remember the core of fans who have been there for all too many bad times as they are the ones the club will be looking to again before another Wembley final comes along.

The superfan dig wasn't aimed directly at you but I guess it hit a spot...... you do make a valid point, but!....... you can't just rely on the 'core' of fans, there is a 'turnover' of that core and they have to be replaced!

I spent years going home and away in the 80's and 90's (have been going to AG since I was 4 with my Dad) and was part of that 'core', quite a small core at the time! Over the years, circumstances have changed and I can't do that any more, somebody else is doing it instead!

If the younguns have a great time at Wembley, supporting the City, do you think they're likely to go 'Blue' at any point? Do you think that when they get to be teens and can go with their mates that they're going to think 'sod it' I'd rather watch Man City on telly than go and have an experience at AG? I would hope a great day at Wembley will guide them in the right direction to support their local team.

These days are worth more than just a short term payday for the club.....it's also about the future!

we will sell 39k without a doubt,

I'd say there is a huge amount of doubt. Plenty of general salers will already have bought with STH.

Based on sales so far I estimate we'll take 33-35k.

We know from the fact that 1,900 tickets made it to general sale for West Ham that there aren't that many members, so they will not make a huge dent in the attendance at 2 per.

59k for Rovers v Doncaster in 2007. Be nice to beat that. In the balance I would say at the moment.

Good target. Walsall, maybe unsurprisingly, are doing well, bearing in mind their size. Let's say 24k there. Leaves us needing 36k to beat 60k. Thought we would be in the 30-32 range when we qualified, so nip and tuck.

Good target. Walsall, maybe unsurprisingly, are doing well, bearing in mind their size. Let's say 24k there. Leaves us needing 36k to beat 60k. Thought we would be in the 30-32 range when we qualified, so nip and tuck.

I agree, nip and tuck indeed. Think we will need a bit more help from the Walsall side if we're going to beat 60k. If they can get to 26k we have a strong chance.

Also the "Super Fans" drag along their pals, wives/girlfriends (not both) husbands/boyfriends (not both) and other relatives just because it's a bit of an occasion. Wouldn't call them "day trippers" - glad they're all coming.

I've got tickets for my brother in law and his boy. Never been to football before (egg chasers) but I really hope they enjoy a bit of a day out with the cidereds. I hope they're not joners!

And there are people like me who have to wait till General sale as I have to get 5 tickets together. It would be nice to see where all the seats have been sold but I presume there is no way to know this till March 2nd. Funny thing was when we went to Wembley for the Hull match I ordered my 4 over the phone and got through straight away.This type of match throws up City supporters from everywhere, and in my 5 I am the only regular at Ashton gate. If anyone knows how to look at where the remaining seats are would be most appreciated.

And there are people like me who have to wait till General sale as I have to get 5 tickets together. It would be nice to see where all the seats have been sold but I presume there is no way to know this till March 2nd. Funny thing was when we went to Wembley for the Hull match I ordered my 4 over the phone and got through straight away.This type of match throws up City supporters from everywhere, and in my 5 I am the only regular at Ashton gate. If anyone knows how to look at where the remaining seats are would be most appreciated.

Atyeomax posted a screenshot of the available seats at 8AM yesterday which should give some indication.

Archived