IGNORED

Wembley Tickets (Merged So Many Times We've Lost Count!)

David Scott

Waiting for tickets  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great thanks. At the risk of stating the obvious, this basically says most of the tickets bought to date are in the lower tier and therefore the majority of those buying during general sale will be in the upper tier.

yes I guess so. Singing section seems to have more seats in the lower price bracket, so more nearer the front.

I actually think 17.5k is a decent number at this stage. That means on average every STH is bringing one extra person each to a game of fairly limited appeal. And in many cases those will be new people who have the potential to become regular supporters.

Some potential for a few new regulars but over rated I think. The vast majoritry of extras will be day trippers and family members who will know all about BCFC but either aren't interested in mundane league games, or physically can't attend regularly.

I well remember our first Wembley trip v. Bolton, the excitement in the build up, and the incredulity at the realisation that we'd sold 30k.

Even after a great day at Wembley, and memorable win, only about 1 in 4 attended the next home game.

I'm sure a lot are in a similar situation to me. I have a season ticket, as does my goddaughter, and my godson has a membership. I've bought 4 tickets which covers all of us plus my brother who regularly comes to games, so that's 2 season tickets gone. There will be a lot of family season tickets in a similar situation I expect.

Yep, it will be interesting to see the final figure.

I expect us to out sell Walsall, but not by as many as some on here seem to think.

We're a bigger club but it's an historic first trip to Wembley for them, while many City fans will have been up to 4x before.

Yep, it will be interesting to see the final figure.

I expect us to out sell Walsall, but not by as many as some on here seem to think.

We're a bigger club but it's an historic first trip to Wembley for them, while many City fans will have been up to 4x before.

we will sell 39k without a doubt,

Some potential for a few new regulars but over rated I think. The vast majoritry of extras will be day trippers and family members who will know all about BCFC but either aren't interested in mundane league games, or physically can't attend regularly.

I well remember our first Wembley trip v. Bolton, the excitement in the build up, and the incredulity at the realisation that we'd sold 30k.

Even after a great day at Wembley, and memorable win, only about 1 in 4 attended the next home game.

I'm thinking exactly the same as you, Wembley is the attraction not Bristol City. It's what I'm expecting, I don't like all the day trippers, people not knowing the players,looking for Nicky Maynard etc but for one game we just have to put up with it. I'm under no illusion that very few will be repeat 'customers'.

I'm thinking exactly the same as you, Wembley is the attraction not Bristol City. It's what I'm expecting, I don't like all the day trippers, people not knowing the players,looking for Nicky Maynard etc but for one game we just have to put up with it. I'm under no illusion that very few will be repeat 'customers'.

if just 5% of those decide to follow city it will be seen as a sucess,

Hopefully with championship football on the offering next season our avg attendance will be around 15k,

if just 5% of those decide to follow city it will be seen as a sucess,

Hopefully with championship football on the offering next season our avg attendance will be around 15k,

Yes I think Championship football is a much better long term attraction for fans than a JPT final. If there were no final we would still have an increase in attendances if we are promoted.

It's a day out, yes I want to win but won't be heartbroken if we don't. After losing a playoff final there this is dumbing down. What exactly is at stake this time, a trophy. If an auto playoff place were available for the winner maybe it would be different!

Would you prefer empty seats?

In this case, all genuine fans who want to attend the game will get a ticket so what harm does it do if some people who don't normally come want to watch the game? Why shouldn't they?

Also don't assume that just because someone doesn't know the players names means they're not a proper supporter. My Dad doesn't use the Internet and doesn't read the local paper often so he struggles to remember who's who in our team, but he's been going to Ashton Gate for nearly 60 years. He goes to support 11 men wearing red shirts. Not having an encyclopedic knowledge of our squad doesn't mean you don't want them to win.

we will sell 39k without a doubt,

I don't think we will. Of course I hope I'm wrong, but with this being a lower profile game I would guess at somewhere between 25 - 30k.

I think most interested people know a season ticket holder and there won't be massive numbers sold at general sale stage.

Same as me - perhaps they'll all be sat in the top tiers this time around so we'll be ok

You mean they'll all be sat around me! Great!

I'm taking my 7YO, who's a great disappointment to me in that so far his XBOX is more attractive than football! I will convince him eventually but until then it's the cheap seats!

To be honest, I'm not going to moan about us taking a lot of 'part timers' along to Wembley, it really winds me up when the 'superfan' attitude shows in normally sensible and rational people on here.....these people are bringing their kids along, they would normally throw on a ManU or Liverpool shirt, they are the ones we should be targetting as future fans of OUR club!

Enough of the elitism please, these are future City fans in the making!

If they don't know the players name, TELL THEM, create some interest! :shutup:

• Admin

You mean they'll all be sat around me! Great!

I'm taking my 7YO, who's a great disappointment to me in that so far his XBOX is more attractive than football! I will convince him eventually but until then it's the cheap seats!

To be honest, I'm not going to moan about us taking a lot of 'part timers' along to Wembley, it really winds me up when the 'superfan' attitude shows in normally sensible and rational people on here.....these people are bringing their kids along, they would normally throw on a ManU or Liverpool shirt, they are the ones we should be targetting as future fans of OUR club!

Enough of the elitism please, these are future City fans in the making!

If they don't know the players name, TELL THEM, create some interest! :shutup:

Completely agree - it all started somewhere for all of us, let's hope we get many new supporters on board

Can't wait.

What number will MIckey be?

Same as me - perhaps they'll all be sat in the top tiers this time around so we'll be ok

That upper tier looks so unappealing!

Still want us to fill it though.

They will all be sat next to me and mine then, I like it up there, gives you a sense of the size of the stadium you don't get lower down.

I'm with noggers & barbs3 on this. I don't think we'll sell any more than 30k ish.

The 39k for Hull was a different proposition. The lure of premier league football, plus our first visit to the 'new' Wembley are factors that aren't there this time. I think a lot of those who were there for one of those 2 reasons last time will be loathe to fork out what could end up a few hundred quid for a family of 3or4 incl ticket, travel, food & drink.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we pass 30k this time.

I was sat next to 2 swansea fans, odd!!

We weren't doing anything on the day, so a couple of us popped over to the Mill Stad to support Hartlepool v Sheff Wed. Well it's a game innit!

I thnk our accents stood out in amongst that lot, and we were asked how long we've been supporting 'Hartly', our reply..... About an hour!

They were a good bunch!

We lost!

I don't think we'll sell any more than 30k ish.

The 39k for Hull was a different proposition. The lure of premier league football, plus our first visit to the 'new' Wembley are factors that aren't there this time. I think a lot of those who were there for one of those 2 reasons last time will be loathe to fork out what could end up a few hundred quid for a family of 3or4 incl ticket, travel, food & drink.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we pass 30k this time.

My bold.  I'm not even that optimistic.  Was thinking around the 27,000 mark myself.  Although, would love to be proved wrong.

My bold. I'm not even that optimistic. Was thinking around the 27,000 mark myself. Although, would love to be proved wrong.

Well we've gone past the 20k mark with season ticket holders alone. We've still got forever membership holders and general sale yet!

I think 30k is a realistic target.

Well we've gone past the 20k mark with season ticket holders alone. We've still got forever membership holders and general sale yet!

I think 30k is a realistic target.

A lot of 'Forevers' I know managed to get on a season card friend they knew, so they could sit together. The additional 11k sold over the 9k season card holders will already feature many of our forever membership folk.

I guess the superfan dig is aimed at me so I'll take it up. What I am saying is that we need to be doing the groundwork week in week out to attract new blood or even lure people back who haven't been for weeks,months or years. Obviously promotion will be a big attraction if we do make it, and we need to be getting results too. If the unthinkable happens and we are still playing Fleetwood on a wet November evening the dizzy heights of Wembley will be a distant memory, win or lose in March.

Yes let the day trippers have a day out, but don't take their money from them and run. But also remember the core of fans who have been there for all too many bad times as they are the ones the club will be looking to again before another Wembley final comes along.

Archived