IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

Guest rockinrobin

Dack about to sign, SC to Dack's agent "what the **** is he doing in the corner of the room?", agent "don't worry he always does that when he's excited".

Haha.

I'm all for rehabilitation etc but I don't think Dack is of enough quality to warrant the risk that he may upset the balance of the squad or bring the club into disrepute.

If he was picked up for a reasonable fee I can see why that might swing the balance towards the gamble but if they want a million quid it would be a big 'maybe another time if you prove your attitude first' from me.

Haha.

I'm all for rehabilitation etc but I don't think Dack is of enough quality to warrant the risk that he may upset the balance of the squad or bring the club into disrepute.

If he was picked up for a reasonable fee I can see why that might swing the balance towards the gamble but if they want a million quid it would be a big 'maybe another time if you prove your attitude first' from me.

I just hope that he washes his hands before using SC's pen.

If you can get a player of similiar standard in Europe for 1/5 of the over all cost of a player currently in England it's surely worth a punt

Yeah but you don't always have to gamble and should have a blend of the two in my opinion.

The upside of domestic players is the added knowledge of how they have performed/can perform in the domestic league.

Guest lou-peters-dive

If we are looking for great quotes then "Rome wasn't built in a day" is an adage attesting to the need for time to create great things.

Look it up. 

I don't care what their names or nationalety are but if they are currently playing in England you can get far better value for money from abroad

But they come with a risk that they won't settle quickly. I remember you saying that Vibe was a great signing for Brentford, however he has been a passenger in the games he has played so far..

I'm not saying each single player currently playing in England is a waste of money but the lower the pyramide you come the more options there is

That's what you just said though. If they play in England then they are a waste of money compared to foreign players.

I don't care what their names or nationalety are but if they are currently playing in England you can get far better value for money from abroad

How about that French lad Deja Vu? He's been mentioned previously I think? ;-)

Must be thousands of players in Euorope of that "quality" for a fragment of that money

I think most of us get in but why do you try to drive the point home so much? We have no say in it either way. We've made 2 signings. 1 English and 1 French. It's a mix and I wish we would continue but you saying it in every post isn't going to make it happen.

Anyone know what happened with the Gaeran Bussman rumour.... He seemed realistic in amongst all the nonsense!

In between all the talk about Marmite, Peanut Butter and Lemon Curd, it all seems to have gone quiet as per usual.

I have no idea what the hell is going on behind the scenes but it's not looking too good with less than a week to go!

I've replaced my F5 key twice already :laugh:

We've been linked with about 30 players and we've signed including loans, what 4! :disapointed2se:  :gaah:

Number 21 Crowley looks decent in midfield for Barnsley tonight against Everton. Great ball retention and drive

Yes. Would've been a good loan option if we acted earlier. He's available again in Jan.

Josh Scowen is the heartbeat of Barnsley's midfield. Was at Wycombe 2 years ago, I liked him a lot when there.

Also Mawson put in a good performance, keeping Lukaku quiet til 79 mins before Everton turned it up a notch. Again, someone I'd have liked us to have gone for earlier in the summer but we were busy arsing around.

Lee Johnson building a good team up there. Just needs to offload Nyatanga and they'll be up there.

Yes. Would've been a good loan option if we acted earlier. He's available again in Jan.

Josh Scowen is the heartbeat of Barnsley's midfield. Was at Wycombe 2 years ago, I liked him a lot when there.

Also Mawson put in a good performance, keeping Lukaku quiet til 79 mins before Everton turned it up a notch. Again, someone I'd have liked us to have gone for earlier in the summer but we were busy arsing around.

Lee Johnson building a good team up there. Just needs to offload Nyatanga and they'll be up there.

That's where my League One money went pre-season.

Ah, but when, that's the question!

That's the thing, I'm sure he will be at some point (unless Barnsley overtake us).

Obviously I hope SC leads us to the prem and establishes us there.. But I know the board really like LJ.

From what I can tell, he's got all the strengths of his dad and is deceptively tough - just with a better football mind and more modern outlook.

That's the thing, I'm sure he will be at some point (unless Barnsley overtake us).

Obviously I hope SC leads us to the prem and establishes us there.. But I know the board really like LJ.

From what I can tell, he's got all the strengths of his dad and is deceptively tough - just with a better football mind and more modern outlook.

And uses real scouts not taxi drivers!!

Really ? He's only been a manager for 2 years and you've already established him as top grade ? He's achieved nothing so far

Guest SouthmeadScarfSnatcher

COYR

Not sure LJ has established any credentials in management and was a below average performer as a player / leader.

I disagree with this assessment and offended that we would entertain this discussion with the quality and performance of the our current manager.

Loyalty Passion Pride Integrity. (Two way street, don't create unwarranted pressure)

Really ? He's only been a manager for 2 years and you've already established him as top grade ? He's achieved nothing so far

Not all clubs can challenge for honours and so just because he hasn't won any competitions doesn't mean he has achieved nothing.

Frankly turning up to Oldham as they were looking like relegation fodder, saving them, and then leading the charge up the table to make them play off candidates definitely sounds like an achievement to me.

I agree he's not establish but I think it wrong not to acknowledge achievements he had at Oldham. From what I can see there's reason to be have high expectations for him, but (like you I imagine) I'd be quick to point out he's only at the start of a very long career so who knows whether it's temporary.

Own up....Who posted this on sky's rumour site ?

mr bristol city says...

26/08/15 2:40pm

My mate is a groundsman at city and he has supposedly seen joey barton currently taking his medical as soon as he has finished Andy Carroll's agent is due in for talks about a loan deal. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Definite - 19

Never - 89

Guest SouthmeadScarfSnatcher

Own up....Who posted this on sky's rumour site ?

mr bristol city says...

26/08/15 2:40pm

My mate is a groundsman at city and he has supposedly seen joey barton currently taking his medical as soon as he has finished Andy Carroll's agent is due in for talks about a loan deal. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

Definite - 19

Never - 89

Archived