IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Another we should be looking to sign is everyone Chris long. England u-20 international, great prospect and is looking to leave Everton to get regular football. Been on loan at mk Dons in league one and at Brentford in championship last year. One that will grow in value and ability.

I remember seeing him for my dons against us at Ashton get 2 seasons ago and he was pretty nippy and was good at running off the back of defenders and finding space in the channels. Bit more experience now and has an eye for goal. He fits the criteria perfectly. I do hope, along with Jerome Sinclair etc, that we are looking to capitalise on these quality youngsters wanting away from their clubs to get regular football

Did anybody realistically think that we would be at this point with no signings.This is rapidly turning in to a disaster.

It's not a disaster.  But I'm very, very surprised that players weren't in place before the tour of Portugal.  I'm still hoping there's a raft of signings waiting to be announced.

Did anybody realistically think that we would be at this point with no signings.This is rapidly turning in to a disaster.

Only robbored and monkeh, but I'm willing to guess that they are both currently sweating with their don't worry chat.

My guess is that as we knew we were gonna be promoted by mid April...targets would have been identified early on, we haven't been able to secure those targets and the transfer strategy this summer is now gone tits up and we are scratching around for cheaper alternatives.

I'm gonna stick my head on the line and suggest there is more to this story than meets the eye and there will be some fallout, happy to be proved wrong but let's see...

As it stands we have 16 first team squad members 2 of which are burns and Reid who are nowhere near good enough for this level, so 14 championship standard players...we need 20-22.

It, is now looking very bad, and nothing will happen this week so we then just have 3 weeks to sort ourselves out, and I suggest we will rely heavily on the loan market...

It does not look good on the face of it

Disaster???? Lighten up :-)

A disaster would be if you wasted all your cash on taking a big supermarket chain to court and losing. At least no club is stupid enough to do that..,, oops!

Disaster???? Lighten up :-)

A disaster would be if you wasted all your cash on taking a big supermarket chain to court and losing. At least no club is stupid enough to do that..,, oops!

I care more about my club being able to compete in one of the most competitive leagues in the world than bristol rovers winning a high court battle or not...let's not forget they are only one good season and us one awful season away from being equals again.. We really need to get priorities straight, I don't care about them as long as we continue to be a very forward thinking club that not only sustains our status but wants more...

The obsession with them on the basement rovers thread astounds me... Am I the only person whose main thoughts are on bcfc rather than gloating over a club that are not on our level

Only robbored and monkeh, but I'm willing to guess that they are both currently sweating with their don't worry chat.

My guess is that as we knew we were gonna be promoted by mid April...targets would have been identified early on, we haven't been able to secure those targets and the transfer strategy this summer is now gone tits up and we are scratching around for cheaper alternatives.

I'm gonna stick my head on the line and suggest there is more to this story than meets the eye and there will be some fallout, happy to be proved wrong but let's see...

As it stands we have 16 first team squad members 2 of which are burns and Reid who are nowhere near good enough for this level, so 14 championship standard players...we need 20-22.

It, is now looking very bad, and nothing will happen this week so we then just have 3 weeks to sort ourselves out, and I suggest we will rely heavily on the loan market...

It does not look good on the face of it

Unfortunately I think there might be a lot of of truth in what you say. Though one of your championship standard players is Adam El Abd....

Unfortunately I think there might be a lot of of truth in what you say. Though one of your championship standard players is Adam El Abd....

Apologies 13 championship standard players...if there is anyone left who is not concerned then they are just kidding themselves or are not football people

May have also just seen the irony on your email so feel free to whoosh

No whoosh and if I'm honest I do fill sorry for our blue neighbours and like you I'm more concerned about our club. But I don't think we are at disaster stage yet. Of course we would all like to see a star player or two by now but I'm also pretty sure that the people that matter are not sat around a pool in Portugal drinking cocktails and saying ' you know what I probably get round to looking at signing someone In a week or two' :-) there are irons in the fire I'm sure of it and I trust Mr C to deliver. He hasn't let us down yet. Feel free to slate me on 8th August if we are picking people out the crowd to fill the bench :-)

No whoosh and if I'm honest I do fill sorry for our blue neighbours and like you I'm more concerned about our club. But I don't think we are at disaster stage yet. Of course we would all like to see a star player or two by now but I'm also pretty sure that the people that matter are not sat around a pool in Portugal drinking cocktails and saying ' you know what I probably get round to looking at signing someone In a week or two' :-) there are irons in the fire I'm sure of it and I trust Mr C to deliver. He hasn't let us down yet. Feel free to slate me on 8th August if we are picking people out the crowd to fill the bench :-)

True mate and I also realise that work is being done that none of us know about, what I think however is that 20th july is very late to start being active you only have to look at the championship tracker to realise that...so as mentioned it is only my guess but I am thinking we are now on plan b and none of our primary targets have been secured, or they might only be secured at the end of the window after months of negotiations

Not sure if mentioned yet, but my long term target Lee Evans is now likely to head to MK Dons.

Also, a few weeks ago, somoene mentioned Owen Garvan as a possibility.  Well, he's on trial at MK Dons too.

With Grigg now gone, Hiwula looking likely to stay somewhere northerly, Wood gone to Leeds, Hooper highly unlikely, Mackie to QPR, James to Bradford, Redshaw to Blackpool, Keane to Preston, Ikpeazu to Vale, Donnelly to Gills, Sinclair unlikely now he wants a permanent move, Sam Gallagher more likely to go to a Prem team now,  I'm actually starting to wonder where our striker is gonna come from??  Maybe take a punt on Stevie May from Weds, who'll be out of favour up there.

Others on my initial hitlist still available : Dominic Samuel, Hakeeb Adelakun, Tom Nicholls, Jason Cummings, Ivan Toney.  Potential loans George Waring, Conor McAleny, Adam Armstrong, Duncan Whatmore, Julien N'Goy.

The list is getting smaller.........

I care more about my club being able to compete in one of the most competitive leagues in the world than bristol rovers winning a high court battle or not...let's not forget they are only one good season and us one awful season away from being equals again.. We really need to get priorities straight, I don't care about them as long as we continue to be a very forward thinking club that not only sustains our status but wants more...

The obsession with them on the basement rovers thread astounds me... Am I the only person whose main thoughts are on bcfc rather than gloating over a club that are not on our level

We have no influence over new signings so whilst some of us may be worried it is pointless as there is nothing we can do. To pass the time and take our minds off it we poke fun. Obviously we care more about city but other than checking for new stadium pictures, there isn't much new stuff or action so we look at other football in Bristol.

Not sure if mentioned yet, but my long term target Lee Evans is now likely to head to MK Dons.

Also, a few weeks ago, somoene mentioned Owen Garvan as a possibility.  Well, he's on trial at MK Dons too.

With Grigg now gone, Hiwula looking likely to stay somewhere northerly, Wood gone to Leeds, Hooper highly unlikely, Mackie to QPR, James to Bradford, Redshaw to Blackpool, Keane to Preston, Ikpeazu to Vale, Donnelly to Gills, Sinclair unlikely now he wants a permanent move, Sam Gallagher more likely to go to a Prem team now,  I'm actually starting to wonder where our striker is gonna come from??  Maybe take a punt on Stevie May from Weds, who'll be out of favour up there.

Others on my initial hitlist still available : Dominic Samuel, Hakeeb Adelakun, Tom Nicholls, Jason Cummings, Ivan Toney.  Potential loans George Waring, Conor McAleny, Adam Armstrong, Duncan Whatmore, Julien N'Goy.

Do you have another list for foreign players Harry?

The more this drags out and potential domestic signings move elsewhere the more I'm convinced we're looking abroad.

Also, a few weeks ago, somoene mentioned Owen Garvan as a possibility. Well, he's on trial at MK Dons too.

With Grigg now gone, Hiwula looking likely to stay somewhere northerly, Wood gone to Leeds, Hooper highly unlikely, Mackie to QPR, James to Bradford, Redshaw to Blackpool, Keane to Preston, Ikpeazu to Vale, Donnelly to Gills, Sinclair unlikely now he wants a permanent move, Sam Gallagher more likely to go to a Prem team now, I'm actually starting to wonder where our striker is gonna come from?? Maybe take a punt on Stevie May from Weds, who'll be out of favour up there.

lOthers on my initial hitlist still available : Dominic Samuel, Hakeeb Adelakun, Tom Nicholls, Jason Cummings, Ivan Toney. Potential loans George Waring, Conor McAleny, Adam Armstrong, Duncan Whatmore, Julien N'Goy.

Shame about Ikpeazu, as you know I like him. Good shout with May, I like Ivan Toney too if we could get him.

Do you know what's going on with Micheal Jacobs? Seems to have fallen out of favour at Wolves.

I can tell you for a fact McAleny won't be coming too far down south. Knock him off your list! Very good talent the toffees have there though.

As for Duncan Watmore, simply not good enough for the Championship. I watched him live at Stadium of Light for his debut in the FA Cup against Kidderminster and he looked just above of that level, I feel he'll be in league one/league two next season (his dad would seem to agree on Twitter too). Can't say I know much about any of the others!

I'm not too worried although still think getting rid of JET was a big error. 

I'll always think that- however he plays at QPR.

At the moment I'd be happy if we got ( a fit) Sam back from Brighton- sometimes the face doesn't fit - but it sure fitted at BS3 . He could never be accused of not working his socks off and scored a few as well. And before any clever dickies say he hasn't proved himself a Championship level- neither have most of our team and none of the Brighton squad were exactly on fire last season.

• Admin

Apologies 13 championship standard players...if there is anyone left who is not concerned then they are just kidding themselves or are not football people

And 1 of those 13 (Agard) definitely misses the start of the season and another (Little) possibly misses the start of it. That leaves 11 and looking at needing at least 6 in by August 8th.

• Admin

Think we might have our first signing of the summer.

Patrick McClean from Derry City.

Waiting to get ridiculed because it's already been mentioned.......

I believe that is a Tinnion signing for the U21s isn't it?

I'll always think that- however he plays at QPR.

At the moment I'd be happy if we got ( a fit) Sam back from Brighton- sometimes the face doesn't fit - but it sure fitted at BS3 . He could never be accused of not working his socks off and scored a few as well. And before any clever dickies say he hasn't proved himself a Championship level- neither have most of our team and none of the Brighton squad were exactly on fire last season.

Agree, wouldn't be my first choice but would slot in well here I think.

Agree, wouldn't be my first choice but would slot in well here I think.

Looking at the " Harry List"- I'm not entirely sure of what first choices may actually remain....

mind you, I still believe that we'll make some great quality signings - it's just difficult to see where from and when at present.

Archived