IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Looking at the " Harry List"- I'm not entirely sure of what first choices may actually remain....

mind you, I still believe that we'll make some great quality signings - it's just difficult to see where from and when at present.

True, Harry's list is mainly younger players (under 24's) so maybe SC/KB will be looking at slightly older players - I have no idea! I hope we do something soon, maybe as others have asserted deals are "done" in everything but making them public. Forward needs to be addressed urgently, we just don't have the numbers there for a start!

True, Harry's list is mainly younger players (under 24's) so maybe SC/KB will be looking at slightly older players - I have no idea! I hope we do something soon, maybe as others have asserted deals are "done" in everything but making them public. Forward needs to be addressed urgently, we just don't have the numbers there for a start!

All beginning to get just a little worrying but I'm sure it will come good.

I'm off to bed and will think of that night against Swindon which always banishes any negative thoughts......

Not sweating at all I actually listen when our director of football and manager both said there will be no movement until towards the end of July and early August I'm also happy that Flint and Bryan signed new contract and free man is still here and also happy some of the young lads are getting a run out and not looking out of place

People who are pano icing are the ones that think transfers take 5 minutes not weeks

We get the same posts every season we had it last season even after our signings and it's normally the same people who post it,

Not sure if mentioned yet, but my long term target Lee Evans is now likely to head to MK Dons.

Also, a few weeks ago, somoene mentioned Owen Garvan as a possibility.  Well, he's on trial at MK Dons too.

With Grigg now gone, Hiwula looking likely to stay somewhere northerly, Wood gone to Leeds, Hooper highly unlikely, Mackie to QPR, James to Bradford, Redshaw to Blackpool, Keane to Preston, Ikpeazu to Vale, Donnelly to Gills, Sinclair unlikely now he wants a permanent move, Sam Gallagher more likely to go to a Prem team now,  I'm actually starting to wonder where our striker is gonna come from??  Maybe take a punt on Stevie May from Weds, who'll be out of favour up there.

Others on my initial hitlist still available : Dominic Samuel, Hakeeb Adelakun, Tom Nicholls, Jason Cummings, Ivan Toney.  Potential loans George Waring, Conor McAleny, Adam Armstrong, Duncan Whatmore, Julien N'Goy.

The list is getting smaller.........

Interesting.

As I mentioned last week if you contrast our approach with the 2 sides who probably have the smallest budgets (Rotherham and MK) they have been very active in the free transfer market and whilst some on here clearly believe those sorts of players are beneath us, the likes of Greg Halford and Simon Church add depth to their squads and in my opinion would do to ours, too.

Of course the pool of players out of contract is diminishing now and so those still available and worth having is small, though with a keeper as supply always exceeds demand we could certainly pick one up there.

I'm given to understand that at least three players we've been in for have gone elsewhere in The Championship, showing we simply cannot compete on wages with many.

Keith Burt rightly received a lot of praise for last year's dealings so I hope there is a plan now because as each day takes us closer to the Wednesday game the possibility of going into that with a subs bench that isn't full and includes players who were on loan in League Two last season increases.

Look everyone I think we need to get over last season's blip and remember how it really feels to be a Bristol City Supporter. Quality early signings, Championship won by Christmas, El-Abd shipped of to Bury, all that cheerfulness and frivolity was not the right way to support the club. I was smiling so much my wife thought I was having an affair and my boss thought I was so happy in my job I actually got promoted. These things had to stop and thankfully now they have. I for one am happy that we have now reverted back to our normal City default emotions, anxious and despondent. This is the right way to support our great club, those optimists need to find something else to do as there is nothing to see here.

Maybe this article will give some fans some clarity as to how we will be working in the transfer market.... Burt has a very methodical method of tracking potential targets....and it takes time....  looks a very similar situation to now....

Nottingham Forest: How Keith Burt helped rebuild squad By Matt Newsum BBC Sport

Sean O'Driscoll could barely have fielded a matchday squad at Nottingham Forest when he took over as manager from Steve Cotterill in July.

The player pool was desperately in need of numbers, with nine professionals either out of contract or at the end of their loan spells and on the way out of the club.

Among those who departed were captain Luke Chambers, Chris Gunter and Joel Lynch - three quarters of a back four - with the club's problem left-back position still unfilled.

To add to the pressure, the club had just been taken over by the Kuwait-based Al-Hasawi family and there were just four weeks until the start of the new campaign.

Thankfully for O'Driscoll, help was at hand.

Director of recruitment Keith Burt and his team have been advising the men in charge at the City Ground for the last seven years, utilising their vast library of player files to suggest potential signings.

Their hard work paved the way for 12 new arrivals on Trentside - essentially a whole new first team.

It helped us to have our knowledge in the department this summer. We had a knowledge of who we could go and get all summer, with the hope that owners came in and backed us to go and get the players we wanted," Burt told BBC Radio Nottingham.

"We had to rely on our scouting information to go and pick up the players we did in a remarkably short space of time.

"In fairness we have to thank the owners. Every player we've put to the owners, they've put their hand in their pocket, gone out and bought them."

Patience has become a watchword for Burt in his time at Forest.

Several of the summer's newcomers to the club had been long-term targets of the Reds' scouting network, and O'Driscoll has put their advice into practice.

"Sean wants good characters here, as much as good players, so predominantly we've come back to the English market," Burt said.

"The players Sean's asked us to have scouted, like Danny Collins and Danny Ayala, Sam Hutchinson, Dan Harding; we already had good information.

"Like Simon Cox, who we tried to sign three years ago when he was at Swindon Town and lost out to West Bromwich Albion, so it's nice when you've scouted someone like we did and then he becomes available.

"It's the same with Henri Lansbury. He's a player we've tracked for four years and we were delighted to pick up a player of his class.

"It was nice we beat off Premier League clubs to sign the boy."

Burt is proud of the groundwork that goes into a signing, eschewing outside influences to personally unearth talent.

"In my seven years here we've never signed a player from an agent's recommendation, or from a DVD of his playing. All the players have been scouted properly," he said.

"When the season ends it doesn't end for people like myself. We have a two-week holiday but I always spend time at the smaller tournaments in France.

"We hope we don't miss out on too much, there's always someone you wish you could have got in."

Although now back in the Championship and with hopes of mounting a promotion bid, Forest's slip down the leagues in the last decade threw up its own challenges.

Gone were the days of multi-million pound signings such Stan Collymore, Pierre van Hooijdonk and David Johnson, as relegation to the third tier prompted a different approach.

" Garath McCleary [now with Reading in the Premier League - signed from non-league Bromley in January 2008] was a good case. We were in League One at the time and we had to look at players from the lower reaches," added Burt.

"Chris Cohen was one we looked at 10 or 11 times, predominantly at West Ham and then Yeovil, and when he became available, and into our reaches with the money, we had to act quickly.

"Look at what a servant he has become for the club."

Burt's role at Forest has grown from chief scout, recommending players in the traditional sense, to the ill-fated acquisition group so heavily criticised by former manager Billy Davies, and now on to his current post as director of recruitment.

"I do everything from start to finish, meet the agents, agree the fees with clubs and try to agree the best value for Nottingham Forest," Burt said.

"That can go on for days, but as in everything it tends to be weeks. If we're connected to a player or touted for that player, that's probably been going on for a long while.

"There's more people involved now with every transfer. Years ago you could ring a club up and it would be done over 48 hours, but now it's a matter of days and weeks."

Football may have changed since he began his work, but Burt remains just as enthusiastic about the unearthing of talent for the Forest cause as he was when he arrived at the club in 2005.

Maybe this article will give some fans some clarity as to how we will be working in the transfer market.... Burt has a very methodical method of tracking potential targets....and it takes time.... looks a very similar situation to now....

Nottingham Forest: How Keith Burt helped rebuild squad By Matt Newsum BBC Sport

Sean O'Driscoll could barely have fielded a matchday squad at Nottingham Forest when he took over as manager from Steve Cotterill in July.

The player pool was desperately in need of numbers, with nine professionals either out of contract or at the end of their loan spells and on the way out of the club.

Among those who departed were captain Luke Chambers, Chris Gunter and Joel Lynch - three quarters of a back four - with the club's problem left-back position still unfilled.

To add to the pressure, the club had just been taken over by the Kuwait-based Al-Hasawi family and there were just four weeks until the start of the new campaign.

Thankfully for O'Driscoll, help was at hand.

Director of recruitment Keith Burt and his team have been advising the men in charge at the City Ground for the last seven years, utilising their vast library of player files to suggest potential signings.

Their hard work paved the way for 12 new arrivals on Trentside - essentially a whole new first team.

It helped us to have our knowledge in the department this summer. We had a knowledge of who we could go and get all summer, with the hope that owners came in and backed us to go and get the players we wanted," Burt told BBC Radio Nottingham.

"We had to rely on our scouting information to go and pick up the players we did in a remarkably short space of time.

"In fairness we have to thank the owners. Every player we've put to the owners, they've put their hand in their pocket, gone out and bought them."

Patience has become a watchword for Burt in his time at Forest.

Several of the summer's newcomers to the club had been long-term targets of the Reds' scouting network, and O'Driscoll has put their advice into practice.

"Sean wants good characters here, as much as good players, so predominantly we've come back to the English market," Burt said.

"The players Sean's asked us to have scouted, like Danny Collins and Danny Ayala, Sam Hutchinson, Dan Harding; we already had good information.

"Like Simon Cox, who we tried to sign three years ago when he was at Swindon Town and lost out to West Bromwich Albion, so it's nice when you've scouted someone like we did and then he becomes available.

"It's the same with Henri Lansbury. He's a player we've tracked for four years and we were delighted to pick up a player of his class.

"It was nice we beat off Premier League clubs to sign the boy."

Burt is proud of the groundwork that goes into a signing, eschewing outside influences to personally unearth talent.

"In my seven years here we've never signed a player from an agent's recommendation, or from a DVD of his playing. All the players have been scouted properly," he said.

"When the season ends it doesn't end for people like myself. We have a two-week holiday but I always spend time at the smaller tournaments in France.

"We hope we don't miss out on too much, there's always someone you wish you could have got in."

Although now back in the Championship and with hopes of mounting a promotion bid, Forest's slip down the leagues in the last decade threw up its own challenges.

Gone were the days of multi-million pound signings such Stan Collymore, Pierre van Hooijdonk and David Johnson, as relegation to the third tier prompted a different approach.

" Garath McCleary [now with Reading in the Premier League - signed from non-league Bromley in January 2008] was a good case. We were in League One at the time and we had to look at players from the lower reaches," added Burt.

"Chris Cohen was one we looked at 10 or 11 times, predominantly at West Ham and then Yeovil, and when he became available, and into our reaches with the money, we had to act quickly.

"Look at what a servant he has become for the club."

Burt's role at Forest has grown from chief scout, recommending players in the traditional sense, to the ill-fated acquisition group so heavily criticised by former manager Billy Davies, and now on to his current post as director of recruitment.

"I do everything from start to finish, meet the agents, agree the fees with clubs and try to agree the best value for Nottingham Forest," Burt said.

"That can go on for days, but as in everything it tends to be weeks. If we're connected to a player or touted for that player, that's probably been going on for a long while.

"There's more people involved now with every transfer. Years ago you could ring a club up and it would be done over 48 hours, but now it's a matter of days and weeks."

Football may have changed since he began his work, but Burt remains just as enthusiastic about the unearthing of talent for the Forest cause as he was when he arrived at the club in 2005.

There's not even the slightest hint of panic there, how am I supposed to feel now?

Derby County have brought in the sort of players I wish we would.

Yes, but to be fair they are an established Championship team over the past few seasons, pretty much top half or playoffs. We are newly promoted and yet to establish if we are a Bournemouth/Brentford type of team or a Scunthorpe yo yo one.

Not sweating at all I actually listen when our director of football and manager both said there will be no movement until towards the end of July and early August I'm also happy that Flint and Bryan signed new contract and free man is still here and also happy some of the young lads are getting a run out and not looking out of place

People who are pano icing are the ones that think transfers take 5 minutes not weeks

We get the same posts every season we had it last season even after our signings and it's normally the same people who post it,

I think this is the minority view now, and that minority is getting smaller and smaller by the day.

I think this is the minority view now, and that minority is getting smaller and smaller by the day.

It isn't the end of July yet you know the dates we were told that signing would prob happen, worry after then or do you think cotts is lying?

It isn't the end of July yet you know the dates we were told that signing would prob happen, worry after then or do you think cotts is lying?

Of course he wasn't lying, just making a statement to take the pressure off, and preparing us for a worst case scenario.

Keith Burt will have been working like a beaver since we got promoted to improve the squad and If we'd got in a few players by now Cotts. would simply say things had worked out more smoothly than he'd envisaged.

As Graham says above it looks almost certain we've lost out on a few on our list, so there WOULD have been signings earlier than late July/August if things had gone to plan.

No one would actively plan around leaving all their signings to the last minute. If we really entered the close season with such a policy then we appear to be just about unique, and I don't believe that's the case for a second.

Of course he wasn't lying, just making a statement to take the pressure off, and preparing us for a worst case scenario.

Keith Burt will have been working like a beaver since we got promoted to improve the squad and If we'd got in a few players by now Cotts. would simply say things had worked out more smoothly than he'd envisaged.

As Graham says above it looks almost certain we've lost out on a few on our list, so there WOULD have been signings earlier than late July/August if things had gone to plan.

No one would actively plan around leaving all their signings to the last minute. If we really entered the close season with such a policy then we appear to be just about unique, and I don't believe that's the case for a second.

Indeed that's the point nog, some poster here are acting as if we are doing nothing and want to panic buy,

Where did that lead us last time again? Of yea over 50 million in debt and a 15 million wage bill

Do people really want to go back to that?

Archived