IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

I beginning to panic about whether I should be panicking about the lack of transfer activity.

My sensible mind says "it's gonna be fine".

Impulsive mind says "hell, we'll have no layers".

Sensible mind is winning at the moment, but impulsive mind is beginning to allow doubt to creep in!

We've got a good core of players.

There's still a month to go before the season starts.

We can use the loan market to bulk the squad out.

Reid, Burns and a couple of the U-21s look closer to the first team now than they were.

So long as we don't lose any of Fielding, Smith, Freeman or Wilbraham for an extended period of time there's enough in the squad to stay up.

Steve Cotterill kept Portsmouth up when they were in all kinds of a mess.

• Admin

Can't be cus redarmy1974 says Tinnion has no budget.

Come on KitR, the guy clearly is posting from a position of knowledge with a lot of what he posts, it's just in this case he was working off outdated info. No need to point score.

His brother played for them. His brother didn't play for us or Aden Flint.

This looks a Bunn deal dare I say.

In isolation, his following of us & Aden could just be down to having been on trial here for a week. The question should be, is the random bloke on twitter close enough to him to know or a contact that heard something about the trial & got the wrong idea. A bit like the Dolman stand being 10 weeks behind schedule, 6 weeks after the season ended. ;)

Interesting.

As I mentioned last week if you contrast our approach with the 2 sides who probably have the smallest budgets (Rotherham and MK) they have been very active in the free transfer market and whilst some on here clearly believe those sorts of players are beneath us, the likes of Greg Halford and Simon Church add depth to their squads and in my opinion would do to ours, too.

Of course the pool of players out of contract is diminishing now and so those still available and worth having is small, though with a keeper as supply always exceeds demand we could certainly pick one up there.

I'm given to understand that at least three players we've been in for have gone elsewhere in The Championship, showing we simply cannot compete on wages with many.

Keith Burt rightly received a lot of praise for last year's dealings so I hope there is a plan now because as each day takes us closer to the Wednesday game the possibility of going into that with a subs bench that isn't full and includes players who were on loan in League Two last season increases.

I guess we won't really know until we see the standard of our signings. At the moment I'm choosing to believe that Burt & Cotts are steadfastedly sticking to higher quality targets and by not just wasting our limited budget on signing players who would "add depth" to our squad, are hanging in hoping to sign some properly good players for the starting xi. This would then mean our L1 starting XI are the players who "add depth" to our squad.

Of course, for every week that passes without a signing, the weekly wage that we are able to offer goes up slightly by the amount in wages we haven't spent that week. Big glut of signings in the week leading up to Wednesday? ;)

Look everyone I think we need to get over last season's blip and remember how it really feels to be a Bristol City Supporter. Quality early signings, Championship won by Christmas, El-Abd shipped of to Bury, all that cheerfulness and frivolity was not the right way to support the club. I was smiling so much my wife thought I was having an affair and my boss thought I was so happy in my job I actually got promoted. These things had to stop and thankfully now they have. I for one am happy that we have now reverted back to our normal City default emotions, anxious and despondent. This is the right way to support our great club, those optimists need to find something else to do as there is nothing to see here.

Best post I've read on this thread!

So long as we don't lose any of Fielding, Smith, Freeman or Wilbraham for an extended period of time there's enough in the squad to stay up.

Steve Cotterill kept Portsmouth up when they were in all kinds of a mess.

Is that the level of our ambition now.......do enough to stay up? Albeit SL/SC wil not expecting to fly through the league, I think the remit is likely to be aiming for top 10

Is that the level of our ambition now.......do enough to stay up? Albeit SL/SC wil not expecting to fly through the league, I think the remit is likely to be aiming for top 10

I don't....Think Bournemouth and Southampton....They want that new Stadium packed in the Prem.

And can you blame them....check this download out of the top 50 football brands in the world now.

Stoke, Swansea, Southampton, Leicester all above some 'Bigger' Clubs...

http://www.brandfinance.com/knowledge_centre/reports/the-brand-finance-football-50-2015

No. It's the worst case scenario. I like to think we'll be aiming for top 10 too, but some are talking as though the club will fold if we don't sign someone by the end of the week.

I have a sneaking feeling that if Bolasie does leave Palace for big money, we may go in for Dwight Gayle, which will be partially paid for by the sell on money we should receive. No sauce but it just feels right to me.

P.S. I'm nowhere near panicking either.

I have a sneaking feeling that if Bolasie does leave Palace for big money, we may go in for Dwight Gayle, which will be partially paid for by the sell on money we should receive. No sauce but it just feels right to me.

P.S. I'm nowhere near panicking either.

I hope you're right that would be fantastic

Not ambition no, but keeping our place in this League would be an achievement nonetheless. Again, lets not run before we can canter or let expectations grow just as they did 8,9 years ago.

Whatever happened to football? Maybe I am being romantic but I cannot seem to remember promoted teams going in to the next season with anything like the expectations it seems reasonable to have nowadays. Perhaps I'm wrong but when we went up under Ward, and then under GJ, I don't ever really remember a general consensus that mid-table would merely be acceptable. If anything you'd chomp their hands off.

Yes the club is transforming and it is very exciting on and off the pitch... but let us not contribute to the derailment of that plan by expecting too much, too soon. If in May last year we finish 21st I'd still congratulate SC as it's another small step taken. We were spoilt last year as we made strides. No reason we cannot continue that, but equally no reason to expect us to.

Last season was superb and got fans excited about the prospect of playing and challenging in the Championship if a couple of key signings were made. Now the team is in Portugal for 2 weeks  crucial team building ,training and conditioning  with a much depleted squad from last season and with no new signings made with first game only a few weeks away. Am I wrong to be worried about next season.in the light of the depth of the squad.  We are now in a significantly worse position than at this stage last season with the prospect of playing in a much better division. How does that work ?

Like most fans I was baffled and frustrated  by the way SC  used JET last season and therefore not surprised when he left. QPR believe he strengthens their team but SC thought not good enough for us  in Division 1 or the  Championship. Now we have lost Agard for a few months , don't have Smith anymore so what happens if Wilbraham gets injured ? Relying on Flint and the midfielders  for the same goalscoring contribution is not sustainable  as they will simply  not have the freedom  and space available to go forward as much as  last season. With last year's skipper  Wade Elliot also not in contention  the squad is much weaker than last year and yet we are playing in a higher division.

Comments on the club website also fill me with concern -stating that the closeness of the squad will be helpful in the coming season could be taken as complacency  Agree in part but we need competition for places to create the top performances essential if we want to progress, not settle for a mid table position

If we still have no signings by the start of the season , then I fear a bad start could not only effect the confidence of players but also put others players off coming to the Gate if a relegation battle is in prospect.

After 55 years as  a fan  and season ticket holder , I really hope I am not being overtly negative and the team can be strengthened by a couple of key first team  signings before the season starts .

Whatever happened to football? Maybe I am being romantic but I cannot seem to remember promoted teams going in to the next season with anything like the expectations it seems reasonable to have nowadays. Perhaps I'm wrong but when we went up under Ward, and then under GJ, I don't ever really remember a general consensus that mid-table would merely be acceptable. If anything you'd chomp their hands off.

I do remember expectations being quite high when City were promoted under Ward, especially when they started spending big on strikers. I think the disaster of that season and the length of time it took to get back up again afterwards caused people to be more realistic in their expectations next time. Of course City then went and confounded those low expectations by doing well.

Not ambition no, but keeping our place in this League would be an achievement nonetheless. Again, lets not run before we can canter or let expectations grow just as they did 8,9 years ago.

Yes the club is transforming and it is very exciting on and off the pitch... but let us not contribute to the derailment of that plan by expecting too much, too soon. If in May last year we finish 21st I'd still congratulate SC as it's another small step taken. We were spoilt last year as we made strides. No reason we cannot continue that, but equally no reason to expect us to.

You are bang on. And also, the idea of us competing with Derby County for players this summer? Is that a joke? They are a top Championship team who really should have gone up last year, with the ex-Real Madrid assistant as their new manager. We have to accept that players will see us as a small fish in this division. We are building something at Ashton Gate but we've still got a way to go. There are massive clubs in the division with rich history, huge crowds and great stadiums. We are not on their level yet and until we prove ourselves in the division we have to accept that we are fighting against the odds a little bit.

I see our former trialists Kelle Roos is being linked with Rotherham. He's supposed to be a cracking keeper (didn't we say we couldn't afford him?) but I think it's a loan move and presumably for 1st team football

Not so much that we couldn't afford him, SO'D went with the safer option in Elliot Parish instead

RedDave is my assistant. He knows credit to me is trickle fed down to him.

I am on Twitter 21 hours a day hoping for the tiniest hint of a rumour to keep all the tossers on here up to date. When one comes in that actually looks genuine you take the credit. And then Monkeh endorses that credit. I'm flabbergasted and demoralised.

And you owe me two hours for ******* Jurassic World.

Archived