IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

HITC seem to have banded our name about a fair bit this summer !

As I understand it, they are used by a lot of Sports management companies ( Agents ), to make awareness of players available.

I'm surprised, considering we haven't declared signing anyone yet, that the Clubs name isn't banded about more often, such is the way it seems to work these days.

Sign of a settled side with strong enough players,

While we are short on numbers I do think the squad here is good enough for the championship

Well, I don't.

If we still had Richards, Jet, Wade, Karleigh, Tavernier, Saville, M.Smith, Agard and Little to pick from, then possibly, though even with them we had a reasonably small squad by even L1 standards. None of these will be available to us at Hillsboro' as things stand and we can't even fill a bench.

We have 5 really good players - I'd say outstanding - in Bryan, Ayling, Flint, Freeman and Kory Smith - players that any Championship club would be pleased to have imo., but these players need quality back up out there on the pitch if their form is not to suffer. We need to build on these players, not burden them.

The squad as it stands is patently not good enough, we need 7 quality players in, with 3 good enough to be thought of as immediate definite starters and this complete lack of transfer activity has reached the stage where it's extremely concerning.

Well, I don't.

If we still had Richards, Jet, Wade, Karleigh, Tavernier, Saville, M.Smith, Agard and Little to pick from, then possibly, though even with them we had a reasonably small squad by even L1 standards. None of these will be available to us at Hillsboro' as things stand and we can't even fill a bench.

We have 5 really good players - I'd say outstanding - in Bryan, Ayling, Flint, Freeman and Kory Smith - players that any Championship club would be pleased to have imo., but these players need quality back up out there on the pitch if their form is not to suffer. We need to build on these players, not burden them.

The squad as it stands is patently not good enough, we need 7 quality players in, with 3 good enough to be thought of as immediate definite starters and this complete lack of transfer activity has reached the stage where it's extremely concerning.

Agree with everything you say. The only thing I'd add is that of the 5 players you identified as championship quality.... most have little experience or less at championship level. There's a good chance 1 or 2 might struggle with the step up.

6-7 new players are, as you say, required. There is time..... just not much.

Well, I don't.

I agree.

Also Nogbad as I keep reminding friends of mine I'm wondering if we got any goals in this team at Championship level?

Wilbs & Flint will do well to get half what they got last season. I'm far from convinced on Agard's finishing ability while Freeman & Bryan will be marked men. We certainly need the likes of Smith & Pack to chip in with a few between them that's for sure.

I must admit the Griggs to Wigan transfer fills me with confidence. As I said previously if he has gone to Wigan then he cant have been a serious target for us, which means we must be after better quality. Of course if we turn up at Sheffield on 8th August still with 16 players I probably wont be so confident :yes:  

I agree.

Also Nogbad as I keep reminding friends of mine I'm wondering if we got any goals in this team at Championship level?

Wilbs & Flint will do well to get half what they got last season. I'm far from convinced on Agard's finishing ability while Freeman & Bryan will be marked men. We certainly need the likes of Smith & Pack to chip in with a few between them that's for sure.

I was concerned about Agard's finishing as well but he really came good in the last part of the season when he had got match fit after his injury.I think he'll be alright ,providing his injury has n't affected him .

I can believe we didn't take a gamble! He's unproven at champ level.

Completely agree. I'm not sure why people are so convinced Grigg is the answer. He was decent in League One but he wasn't exactly outstanding. I'd hope we were targeting better quality than him, and I'm sure we are.

Well, I don't.

Totally agree Noggers...

Although... we possibly could have made signings, and just not publicised them yet. This sometimes happens, and is agreed by both teams, so as to allow other transfers to take place and not let other teams know about  funds that could be available.

All cloak and dagger I know....but it happens....as it does the other way round when teams want rid of players.

I think we maybe keeping our cards close to our chest, as most Clubs are still under the impression we are big spenders, because of our owner and past spending.

Completely agree. I'm not sure why people are so convinced Grigg is the answer. He was decent in League One but he wasn't exactly outstanding. I'd hope we were targeting better quality than him, and I'm sure we are.

You would think most bottom half champ teams would have looked at him. The fact he's been signed by a league 1 side, albeit a strong one, makes me think there must be a reason why no championship teams got him in.

You would think most bottom half champ teams would have looked at him. The fact he's been signed by a league 1 side, albeit a strong one, makes me think there must be a reason why no championship teams got him in.

Championship Clubs were in for him, but Grigg chose to go to Wigan.

Who know's why....Guaranteed football, 3 year deal, add on's, money, wants to stay North...etc,etc,etc.

Seen the evil Bristol Post tweeted that we're in for Haris Vuckic, opinions? Haven't seen nothing on here yet about him- apologies if I've missed it.

Someone mentioned it on a thread earlier - can't say I know much about him, so not sure whether I should be getting excited or not! Lots of Championship clubs in for him too, but it sounds like twitter talk rather than anything concrete

Someone mentioned it on a thread earlier - can't say I know much about him, so not sure whether I should be getting excited or not! Lots of Championship clubs in for him too, but it sounds like twitter talk rather than anything concrete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbUGGIPPHSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGB7Uuf9me0

Predomently left footed attacking midfielder....

Only thing concrete I've seen from Ashton Gate this summer has been on the webcam.

I must admit the Griggs to Wigan transfer fills me with confidence. As I said previously if he has gone to Wigan then he cant have been a serious target for us, which means we must be after better quality. Of course if we turn up at Sheffield on 8th August still with 16 players I probably wont be so confident :yes:

I agree with what your saying,I've spoken to Mr stockhausen over the phone about grigg to us and he said City are not in for him,saying we're going for better quality so he doesn't rate him that highly and he's a brentford fan too.

And ???

.....As you can't work it out for yourself,............the people who are already signed and contracted are 'bought and payed for' so it means we don't have to 'gamble' a load of cash on a league one striker. Interestingly, didn't he play for MK last season?

They don't seem to have signed him.

.....As you can't work it out for yourself,............the people who are already signed and contracted are 'bought and payed for' so it means we don't have to 'gamble' a load of cash on a league one striker. Interestingly, didn't he play for MK last season?

It is clear they wanted him. Put in a for them top end offer which was rejected. Hopefully we think we can do better.

Haven't trolled through all these pages so apologies if its been said but..................

Bristol City have gone longer without making a permanent signing than any other Football League side.

Kieran Agard joined 327 days ago.

Can only think we are perusing some decent players.

Going into the new season with only Willbraham as a main striker could be an issue

Don't talk to me like a jerk please mate.

Archived