IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

From the championship and above, who out there fits the bill that costs in looking for?

Good finisher, quick and powerful with some experience and has good potential to increase value.

I can't think of many that would be available aside from gayle and gray except Sinclair from Liverpool but he has no experience.

Any thoughts people?

It seems to me that everytime someone signs someone we have people stating that we've missed out on him. The likes of Murphy and Grigg were probably not even considered by our club as I'm sure we could have put similar bids in if we wanted. There seems to be hundreds of football agents on here telling Steve and the boys who they should be buying, I guess they must all be after the commission ;)

As always I hope I am wrong and the club's recruitment plan is going to  work.But to me it appears to have gone up a bit in smoke. And I have difficulty in understanding what the plan was for recruitment this year.

Everybody is frustrated by the lack of signings, but three things I am sure of SC and KB will be doing their level best to change that and they will not be signing players that they don't want in a act of panic and thirdly if your pissed off just imagine how SC is feeling, but the signings must be right.

As we currently stand we have made the same mistakes of 3/4 years ago where we attempted to sign players that we're out of our reach.

The real problem is that momentum is a massive potential killer in this league, and new signings coming in really should be done before the season starts to make the most of the momentum we already had.

I could see it, others could see it....just a shame those that matter didn't. Same old stories and mistakes that at this point we haven't learnt from.

Unless we splash the cash and change the wage limit we will always be a small club in this league....hence why our current big name target philosophy more often than not wont work!!

Meanwhile 30yr old Kevin always scores against us Nugent signs for boro........I look at some of the squads we are up against and worry :noexp:  :help: .........still 4 from the bottom will do I suppose.

As we currently stand we have made the same mistakes of 3/4 years ago where we attempted to sign players that we're out of our reach.

The real problem is that momentum is a massive potential killer in this league, and new signings coming in really should be done before the season starts to make the most of the momentum we already had.

I could see it, others could see it....just a shame those that matter didn't. Same old stories and mistakes that at this point we haven't learnt from.

Unless we splash the cash and change the wage limit we will always be a small club in this league....hence why our current big name target philosophy more often than not wont work!!

Do you seriously believe the club didn't want to get players in as early as possible? You really think you know more about transfer dealings than Burt and Cotts?

Why do you want us to sign players not good enough for the first team?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33952749

Article on Cotterill confirming that Gayle won't be coming to us. Interesting quote from Cotterill, from the article:

"We have other targets, it is just whether we can afford them or not. I don't know if that money is going to be available or not."

Him and sl aren't seeing eye to eye with transfers I've heard, we need a cm and cb more than a striker. Hope cotts isn't putting all his efforts into strikers

Him and sl aren't seeing eye to eye with transfers I've heard, we need a cm and cb more than a striker. Hope cotts isn't putting all his efforts into strikers

I can't believe for a second after all the support SC gave for SL when he joined the club, that there'd be an argument over transfers this early on. Sounds more to me like the market has been more difficult than he'd predicted, and that we may be moving onto other, less primary transfers. I also second your thoughts on midfielders and centre backs; the Luke Freeman sending off has shown how bare we are in that position methinks...

Surely he's just trying to make sure clubs don't hold us to ransom seeing as it was very public knowledge that we were willing to spend 6m on Gayle. Put it this way, if I were the chairman of a club who had a striker who City were interested in whose value was around 3-4m, knowing what they bid for Gayle I'd be telling City he's yours for 6m. Reckon he's just trying to bluff.

205a5dced5fe5142de71ac3e5b9efc33.jpg

Any French speakers that can translate this? No idea if it's about transfers or not..

No problem. Confirming that frogs legs, esgargot and foie gras coming onto the match day menu at Ashton Gate.

Archived