IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

But surely that just goes to demonstrate that we'd struggle to get the best L1 players anyway. Plus (and I think this is a big part of the strategy), the Dacks, Bradshaws, Morsys and Hendersons (to name 4 from here) are still available, will be match fit and will be attainable relatively quickly, so it's not ideal but it doesn't rule anything out

Re struggles I don't think so necessarily because we seemed to do it well last summer picking up our share of the cream. We definitely got Agard despite Championship competition and I'd be shocked if Freeman wasn't attracting Championship interest also.

Re struggles I don't think so necessarily because we seemed to do it well last summer picking up our share of the cream. We definitely got Agard despite Championship competition and I'd be shocked if Freeman wasn't attracting Championship interest also.

But does anyone honestly think we could have competed against QPR for Luongo, for example? Freeman was done very early (I personally think we'd already spoken to his agent before the end of last season, legally or not) whilst if I remember the timeline, Agard had already turned down Leeds before we signed him. I think, rightly or wrongly, that the management feel there's an opportunity for us to challenge this season and to do that, we need top-end championship players or Premier League quality. To be honest, I don't think there are loads of those in League 1. Don't get me wrong, there are certainly good players in the division below, but as Saturday demonstrated, there would be a period of adjustment required. Only time will tell which strategy was the right one (both? Neither?!) but I personally think that in the next couple of weeks the market for Premier League players is going to blow apart and we may reap the benefits

Seen the goals last night - 3 great finishes from them tbf including 2 great goals by the youngster Marriot (first goals for him I think they said) Don't know how he looked generally - would be interested from those poor souls that went up

But on his finishing alone - the sort of youngster emerging in L1 / L2 that I'd like to see us occasionally have a 300k type punt on with a view to developing him over next 18months / two years ( Running in conjunction with recruiting the odd one who should immediately improve us)

Moose reporting the Gayle deal looks like it's happening. He was right about Hamer yesterday, so still a chance?

I'd imagine everything currently is speculation; if the player is meeting with SC and the club today, then it's a bit early - it'll still be possible until the club have spoken with him.

Extra note: people have said we may just be a pawn in Gayle/Gayle's agent/Palace's game of getting a move to a bigger club or a bigger fee. But I'm skeptical about that; in the Lingard situation we never got to the stage of SC actively heading out to talk to the player, or at least admitting that publicly, so think this is different. Doesn't mean he'll move here, but certainly makes it more promising.

Yep all speculation but some on here saying "he's not coming here simples" like they actually know are idiots

Thanks for that then. You know nothing about me, so please do not call me an idiot.

Evaluate your own beliefs if you're taking Moose at his word - or is just because he's saying what you want to hear ?

Thanks for that then. You know nothing about me, so please do not call me an idiot.

Evaluate your own beliefs if you're taking Moose at his word - or is just because he's saying what you want to hear ?

All I'm saying is it still could go either way. People who say definitely yes or definitely no based on what they think are idiots, I stand by that. Unless you are actually Dwyte Gayle, in which case I apologise Dwyte...

I'm not sure it was necessarily aimed at you RT as you've clearly been upfront and said you've been fed info second/third hand, more so relevant to those who say he isn't coming here because in their sole opinion he is out of our reach... in which case I agree with the sentiment, particularly when the opinion is followed up by 'Next', 'Fact', 'Simples' etc...

If we had to name players we'd like us to sign id choose:

Ake - can cover Williams, Bryan and also play in midfield.

Any of Britton/Bannan/Williams - cm is where we really need to strengthen ASAP

Gayle/Smith - someone who knows where the net is at this level. Unlike our other strikers yet.

I feel we'd really be pushing for play offs then. I don't think we should forget we have done some great signings recently in getting competition for gk, rwb and cam.

All I'm saying is it still could go either way. People who say definitely yes or definitely no based on what they think are idiots, I stand by that. Unless you are actually Dwyte Gayle, in which case I apologise Dwyte...

the way it stood last night, the deal is not going to happen.

I also said who knows he could be persuaded, by money, by Cotts , by the future I.e stadium, plans for player signings etc...

I'm not sure it was necessarily aimed at you RT as you've clearly been upfront and said you've been fed info second/third hand, more so relevant to those who say he isn't coming here because in their sole opinion he is out of our reach... in which case I agree with the sentiment, particularly when the opinion is followed up by 'Next', 'Fact', 'Simples' etc...

Exactly my point. Cheers AR.

While you're apologising to him you may also want to apologise for spelling his name wrong.

I also said who knows he could be persuaded, by money, by Cotts , by the future I.e stadium, plans for player signings etc...

In that case my comment wasn't aimed at you. No one knows anything really except the player and even then things can change very quickly. People with no knowledge saying no way, not happening FACT are the ones I'm talking about

To be fair, not a personal dig but that is such an OTIB in the know comment......."he's definitely not signing fact, but he still possibly could sign".

(I know that isn't the actual quote you used but the gist)

Archived