IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Have a look at the Preston forum. Then you'll see why. I'm not knocking the signing or the player.

But I'm not going to get very excited over a player who spend most of 2015 on the bench for a League One team.

I am happy to have added another to the ranks however.

Preston had Garner and Beckford, probably the best forward paring of last season. Also their style is much more direct than ours which would suit Beckford and Garner more.

Remember too, Robinson is a young lad. Being in Bristol, 2 hours from Birmingham will probably be much easier to settle in than Preston right at the top of the country.

Our squad is much younger too, so he could find that easier to settle into.

I think we're a better fit for him than Preston. These sort of factors count for a lot.

Have a look at the forest forum

We've got a shit manager who only plays hoof ball and will get us relegated to league two according to them,

Have a look at swindon board about Flint

What other fans say is meaningless it's how hey perform for your club that counts but continue to write off a player you've never seen play and when it turns out to be a great signing don't come crying when you receive stick for your ill informed comment today

Ill informed comment ? By saying I'm not overly excited? Show me where I've wrote this player off?

This place can be unbelievable sometimes.

Have a look at the forest forum

We've got a shit manager who only plays hoof ball and will get us relegated to league two according to them,

The Forest Forum?

There were comments along those lines on this forum when Cotterill joined.

After, not criticising him as a player but he isn't a central midfielder or a wingback

Defensively he's nowhere near championship level.

When the squad is completed id not be surprised to see him loaned out to a league 1/2 outfit,but at the moment I guess he'd be on the bench for his versatility.

He's been a good servant but imho hrs out of his depth in the championship, hopefully he will prove me wrong, as long as he wears a city shirt he will get my support though.

Preston had Garner and Beckford, probably the best forward paring of last season. Also their style is much more direct than ours which would suit Beckford and Garner more.

Remember too, Robinson is a young lad. Being in Bristol, 2 hours from Birmingham will probably be much easier to settle in than Preston right at the top of the country.

Our squad is much younger too, so he could find that easier to settle into.

I think we're a better fit for him than Preston. These sort of factors count for a lot.

Good post; sensible points, particularly with reference to his age.

He would only have been 19 when he first went to Preston on loan. A lot of development takes place in those few years from late teens to early twenties. (Think, for example, of Joe Bryan's gradual emergence at a roughly comparable stage and his loan experience at Plymouth).

Being underwhelmed by his stats for last season rather misses the point. If he'd been capable at that stage of his career of dislodging either Garner or Beckford and scoring regularly, he'd have Premier clubs sniffing round him and he probably wouldn't be here now.

He's had a season on loan at L1 level and has now stepped up a level for experience in the Championship, much as Steven Caulker did some years ago - and he wasn't a bad player. I'm quite pleased with this acquisition myself and am looking forward to seeing him. There's been a bit of an injection of pace with this lad and Fredericks joining. I think Robinson can do us some good and City have done well to get him in. Good work.

Don't be surprised to see us sign a striker to compete with Wilbraham either with the number 9 shirt being left vacant. A return for Matt Smith?

Id love to see M Smith up top with Kodjia playing off him,could see that working well with a bit of time under their belts.

Robinson would also be an excellent foil, the boy can unlock a defence and cross well with either foot, those 3 would be a real ball ache to play against.

Defensively he's nowhere near championship level.

When the squad is completed id not be surprised to see him loaned out to a league 1/2 outfit,but at the moment I guess he'd be on the bench for his versatility.

He's been a good servant but imho hrs out of his depth in the championship, hopefully he will prove me wrong, as long as he wears a city shirt he will get my support though.

I don't think he's out of his depth at Championship level, I think he'd merely be decent without pulling up any trees - a bit like he is at League One.

I happen think he's one of our more important players despite not being in the first team. The versatility he provides us is great, his dressing room influence is seemingly so too, he provides a good deal of 'insurance' relatively cheaply and he's Mr Consistent - he'll rarely be MOTM but equally he rarely has a bad day at the office. He might not be as good as the others, but does a more than adequate job match-by-match

Not your flair player, but a type I think every good team needs to have. Dependable, reliable and no frills.

I know it's only a missing shirt number but it could quite easily have been given to either Kodjia or Robinson.

I wouldn't rule out Cotts being in for another striker either...

I just think it is as simple as neither JK or CR wanted the number 9 to be honest

I just think it is as simple as neither JK or CR wanted the number 9 to be honest

Could well be. But the number 9 shirt being left empty (even in this day and age) is possibly quite significant considering we now have 4/5 strikers on our books.

I'm not saying we're definitely after another striker and arguably we don't need any more but it does make me wonder. I wouldn't be surprised if we signed another Wilbs type (hopefully Smith).

As for whether we need another striker then I guess it depends on Cotts sees Robinson being used. I fully expect Burns to go out on loan at some point now.

I don't think he's out of his depth at Championship level, I think he'd merely be decent without pulling up any trees - a bit like he is at League One.

I happen think he's one of our more important players despite not being in the first team. The versatility he provides us is great, his dressing room influence is seemingly so too, he provides a good deal of 'insurance' relatively cheaply and he's Mr Consistent - he'll rarely be MOTM but equally he rarely has a bad day at the office. He might not be as good as the others, but does a more than adequate job match-by-match

Not your flair player, but a type I think every good team needs to have. Dependable, reliable and no frills.

Absolutely with you on that one. Under-appreciated, in my view. He was one of our best players when we were digging ourselves out of trouble during our first season in L1 and I felt he was unlucky to have played so few games thereafter, but he's never sulked. Good team man, extremely hard working and dependable, and with the added bonus of an eye for the occasional very useful goal. A better player than he's given credit for in some quarters and if he's needed to cover for an injury he won't let anybody down. 

Don't be surprised to see us sign a striker to compete with Wilbraham either with the number 9 shirt being left vacant. A return for Matt Smith?

I hope not.

I want to see Kodjia given a good run, and Wilbs., as skipper, as well as last season's top scorer, will surely be one of the first names on the sheet.

We've got plenty of back up and Cotts. likes to run with a small squad so signing a sixth forward now would be puzzling.

Isn't it quite likely that the almost 6ft 3" Kodjia was signed after any thoughts of signing Smith had been abandoned?

Either way, my own view is any big money should be reserved for strengthening other positions now.

That was what I was thinking/hoping.

Any combination of the strikers we would then have would be a nightmare for the opposition.

Some CB competition and maybe a RB and we're more or less done - O'leary deserves a chance as understudy to Frankie but we may yet see a keeper coming in. Another midfielder to replace Elliott would just be the icing on the cake.

Not saying goalkeepers are confined to the #13, however the fact it has been left free and O'Leary has been handed #24 makes me think another GK is probably going to be brought in....

Quite a tradition backup GK number, just a thought....

My guess is that we'll want to see how our own three strikers go before making any decision about whether need another striker.

Wilbraham will be 36 quite soon, Kodjia has really only had one full season in the French second division and Agard is also an unknown quantity at this level.

If one or two of them have 7 or 8 goals each by January we'll stick with what we have, if not maybe then we'll look to add another.

Personally another keeper, a left sided defender and a central midfielder would all be much higher priorities.

Archived