IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Saw Pulis being interviewed after the WBA game tonight where he mentioned that several players would probably be leaving the club.

Anyone there who we should be looking at, realistically?

With the number of strikers they have now I can't see how they need Anichebe on their books. Probably unrealistic for us though.

Anichebe will be at a Premier League club this season - if not at West Brom then he'd do well at a promoted club. Far too good for Championship level, and if he dropped a league he'd be snapped up by a Hull or a QPR.

I agree Hull or QPR would be the most likely destination, but even though I think he'd do well in the Championship I wouldn't say he's 'far too good' for it. Looking on his wiki his record is worse than I thought. In 9 premier league seasons the most goals he's ever scored was 6. Overall 165 games 22 goals.

Don't get this obsession some have with wanting to buy league 1 players. We had the best league 1 players and they got us out of league 1. We don't need more league 1 players unless the aim is to get back in league 1.

You buy the best players who have the potential to be better, hence Bradshaw, Dack, Woods etc

Don't get this obsession some have with wanting to buy league 1 players. We had the best league 1 players and they got us out of league 1. We don't need more league 1 players unless the aim is to get back in league 1.

More than half of Bournemouth's squad played in league one, stepped up and took them to the premier league.

What a bizarre comment.

Well, then we must already be guaranteed promotion to the premier league by your reckoning.

He said nothing of the sort. What he actually suggested was just simply giving the players a licence to show what they can do in this division and also the best of their peers last season. As said it worked for Bournemouth, it did Soton too.

He said nothing of the sort. What he actually suggested was just simply giving the players a licence to show what they can do in this division and also the best of their peers last season. As said it worked for Bournemouth, it did Soton too.

It's a wonder that no other teams have realised this and snapped up Dack, Bradshaw etc

It's a wonder that no other teams have realised this and snapped up Dack, Bradshaw etc

Uh teams do and have. QPR with all their money still went shopping in League One - Luongo and JET for starters and even just last summer when we were in League One and had the stand out striker we sold him to a Championship side.

Uh teams do and have. QPR with all their money still went shopping in League One - Luongo and JET for starters and even just last summer when we were in League One and had the stand out striker we sold him to a Championship side.

QPR haven't just added to a team of L1 players with more signings from L1 though, have they? Which is what some seem to be advocating.

And Baldock scored 3 league goals, and Brighton finished 20th.

QPR haven't just added to a team of L1 players with more signings from L1 though, have they? Which is what some seem to be advocating.

And Baldock scored 3 league goals, and Brighton finished 20th.

And neither do we have a bunch of league one players. We have a bunch of players who last year proved themselves better than league one and earned for themselves and the club Championship status, or are we to ignore the purpose behind promotion and relegation?

All that I would advocate is buying based solely upon ability irrespective of the division they currently or most recently played in.

And neither do we have a bunch of league one players. We have a bunch of players who last year proved themselves better than league one and earned for themselves and the club Championship status, or are we to ignore the purpose behind promotion and relegation?

All that I would advocate is buying based solely upon ability irrespective of the division they currently or most recently played in.

I did originally say we had the best L1 players that got us out of that division. I just think that at this time we shouldn't be looking to add more players from L1, even if they are the best of the rest, otherwise we'll end up with a L1 side (albeit a very good L1 side) but not a side capable of challenging in the championship.

But surely that just goes to demonstrate that we'd struggle to get the best L1 players anyway. Plus (and I think this is a big part of the strategy), the Dacks, Bradshaws, Morsys and Hendersons (to name 4 from here) are still available, will be match fit and will be attainable relatively quickly, so it's not ideal but it doesn't rule anything out

Archived