IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

If this deal goes through SL would of been 7.7 million better off had Keith Burt took my advice and took a punt on Grey when at Luton 24 months ago. Burt, Pembo & SOD all turned their noses up.........oh well it's not my money!

The funny thing is...Brentford are playing the 'moneyball' game...bringing in under rated and under valued players, and then selling them on at a profit, after doing well for them...oh the irony.

Amusing that people resent paying millions for players when it isn't their money, or even the football clubs money !

Its SL funding it - and he'll probably get 8m back into his account in a month or two and I would think he'd be able to write it off in whatever way is above board and ethical.

Whether fees like this are good for football in general is another argument.

If this is true, I'd welcome an intelligent player like Gray in the team - he was dragging our defence all over the place saturday and took his goal well. He's the sort of player we've been missing for a long time, a clever player who is clinical with his finishing.

I don't see anyone resenting spending that type of money. It's more to do with the mixed messages that have been sent out by the Club.

As a Club, they will know exactly how much can be spent within budget, and what SL can put in.

What is more annoying, is what RCB posted....I know the Club were alerted many times about Gray before Brentford took a chance on him, for very little outlay.

Now that's what you call doing business.

The funny thing is...Brentford are playing the 'moneyball' game...bringing in under rated and under valued players, and then selling them on at a profit, after doing well for them...oh the irony.

That may be what they are saying they are doing, but let's not forget they broke their transfer record fee this summer for a not insubstantial amount.

They are still outstanding many in the division this summer just dressing it up another way.

Amusing that people resent paying millions for players when it isn't their money, or even the football clubs money !

Its SL funding it - and he'll probably get 8m back into his account in a month or two and I would think he'd be able to write it off in whatever way is above board and ethical.

Whether fees like this are good for football in general is another argument.

If this is true, I'd welcome an intelligent player like Gray in the team - he was dragging our defence all over the place saturday and took his goal well. He's the sort of player we've been missing for a long time, a clever player who is clinical with his finishing.

The problem ,Cynic , is that paying millions for a player , then millions in wages means the money DOES come out of our pockets . We pay more for match day tickets , shirts and souvenirs and subscriptions to Sky and the like become more and more expensive .

The money does have to come from somewhere and it is n't benevolent club owners .

That may be what they are saying they are doing, but let's not forget they broke their transfer record fee this summer for a not insubstantial amount.

They are still outstanding many in the division this summer just dressing it up another way.

True...but they are still using statistics and analysts to find those players. They might break their transfer record...but they will have worked out there is profit to be made in that player eventually...or stats will point in that direction.

Hopefully Jimmy Codger will be outstanding for us and then sold for 10 million. ;-)

Question for all the people who are saying a striker is the least of our worries..

How do you know we aren't in the market for defender aswell as midfielders?

You don't.

No one has said we are not.

Where is our current priority after letting in 7 in the last two games?

A fifth striker or a Championship standard defender and midfielder?

Like i said how do you know were not talking to Defenders/Midfielders? It probably is SC priority just because we haven't heard anything in the media like we have with Gayle/Gray dosen't mean nothing is going on behind the scences.

We've no idea where the board, KB and SC's priorities are.  I imagine, with two weeks of the transfer window to go, there's a lot of work to get players in in all our problem positions. Rumours of bids for strikers keep finding their way into the media as strikers tend to attract the big bids BUT that doesn't mean there isn't other work going on behind the scenes.  We might have been talking to midfielders or defenders for weeks and be close to a deal but it just hasn't leaked into the media yet...

I don't see anyone resenting spending that type of money. It's more to do with the mixed messages that have been sent out by the Club.

As a Club, they will know exactly how much can be spent within budget, and what SL can put in.

What is more annoying, is what RCB posted....I know the Club were alerted many times about Gray before Brentford took a chance on him, for very little outlay.

Now that's what you call doing business.

Nobody knows for sure we didn't try to sign him and of course there was also a little matter of Brentford being a championship club and us having just had a mainly disastrous season flirting with relegation for the most part, after a previous relegation.

Just reading that Richard Keogh has been stripped of the Derby captaincy by the new gaffer, and even been linked with Forest....wonder if we would fancy coming back

Not ITK (as anyone on here can vouch for!), just throwing a name out there. He's improved massively since leaving the Gate

Just reading that Richard Keogh has been stripped of the Derby captaincy by the new gaffer, and even been linked with Forest....wonder if we would fancy coming back

Not ITK (as anyone on here can vouch for!), just throwing a name out there. He's improved massively since leaving the Gate

Also linked with the prem.

Archived