IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Been a while since we've been linked with Driver, must be two or three years?

Nice to see his name back on here, but it's a 'no' from me.....Houston Dynamos and one appearance for Aberdeen.....I really hope we're not looking at him

About 12 months since we were last linked

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/06/25/bristol-city-and-wigan-target-free-agent-andrew-driver/?

Just another one to add to the ever growing list of people we are linked with...

"Bristol City thought to be weighing up a move"

How vague is that?!!!!! At best, something driven by an agent looking to drum up interest and get his clients name out. At worst, totally made up.

Not much to go on but I saw them against Luton on Sky and he stood out as being excellent.

You saw someone play in a game, and you come on here giving your opinion.....poppycock

Go sign him on a simulation game then get back to us

Watching a player.....whatever next?

http://the72.co.uk/29669/five-clubs-after-brentford-defender/

The flimsiest of links but hope we have considered Mawson

Might appear flimsy but it's correct. I noted on here a couple of pages ago that Swindon & Barnsley plus a couple of Champ clubs were in talks with him.

Mawson will probably come a bit cheaper than I'd initially expected and he'll be a real bargain.

For me, this kid is a must buy.

Might appear flimsy but it's correct. I noted on here a couple of pages ago that Swindon & Barnsley plus a couple

of Champ clubs were in talks with him.

Mawson will probably come a bit cheaper than I'd initially expected and he'll be a real bargain.

For development?

For development?

No. He'd be immediate first team squad. Initially 3rd choice CB behind Flint, Ayling & Williams.

But I'm confident he'd get plenty of action - we're unlikely to see an injury/suspension run like we did last year. So the 4th CB will be needed more next year.

What is the obsession on here with signing ex-players? Let's move forwards. Massive no from me.

Somewhere out there is a lower league gem that has slipped through the net............. you are right in saying "What is the obsession on here with signing ex-players"

The lower league gems are few and far between I say but finding them is down to our scouts...... we've tracked a few in the past and one that comes to mind is obvious Charlie Austin    but he ended up at Swindon Town...... so what's on as they say?

Might appear flimsy but it's correct. I noted on here a couple of pages ago that Swindon & Barnsley plus a couple of Champ clubs were in talks with him.

When you say "it's correct" are you saying you've heard we are interested?

When you say "it's correct" are you saying you've heard we are interested?

I know we've watched him a number of times and are very interested. Plus we are definitely looking for a CB.

I can't say for absolute certain that we've made a bid, but I'd be surprised if we weren't one of the clubs in for him. Very surprised.

I really hope we start getting the signings sorted, I think a large part of our success last season was getting the transfers sorted so that the team could gel before the season started, I'm not nervous yet but the longer we go without a singing the more the nerves will creep in

Who's Wilson? Obviously I have been in a dark box for a while and missed something.

Someone called Cottsciderarmy said we had signed tavs and lawrie Wilson (claiming him to be a versatile left sided defender only for loads of people to say he's actually right sided) last week and that all was left was for the club to announce it on Monday, which never happened. And unsurprisingly he's not been heard from since I don't think.

No. He'd be immediate first team squad. Initially 3rd choice CB behind Flint, Ayling & Williams.

But I'm confident he'd get plenty of action - we're unlikely to see an injury/suspension run like we did last year. So the 4th CB will be needed more next year.

What about Osbourne? Still with us I believe

A lot of links on this thread are from companies used by Agents to put players names out their....

To reiterate the point... Pelling today....Quote...

A majority of transfer speculation originates with football agents, many of whom use the media to circulate the names of their clients in the hope of generating offers from clubs.

An experienced football administrator, who previously worked for Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest, Pelling insists clubs must wise up to their methods.

He told the Bristol Post: "As a well-financed club, we do tend to be linked with a lot of players.

"Now that we are in the Championship, we have to expect to be linked with various players a lot more often. That is just particon1.png and parcel of operating at this level.

"We understand that agents want to put players' names out there in the public domain and we have to accept that is going to happen. It is difficult for fans, it is difficult for clubs and it is a problemicon1.png for journalists. It is something we all have to deal with."

Owing to Lansdown's billionaire status, City have been linked with more players than at any other time since slipping out of the Championship in 2013. But rumours without foundation can prove problematic for clubs trying to negotiate deals.

Pelling said: "Agents like to play clubs off against one another. That is part of what they do when they are in negotiations.

"They are middle men in a market who do not necessarily deal in the truth!

"If we see that another club is linked with a player we are interested in, then we have to contact them and findicon1.png out, firstly, if there is any truth in it and, if so, how far things have gone. That is the way things are these days and, when stories come out in the media, people have to realise how agents work."

Perhaps if clubs were more transparent in their dealings then they could avoid all the speculation that fills the void.

It's not a case of clubs being transparent it's a case of agents touting under contract players to the highest bidder in order to make cash or agent greed as I know it by,

There are some good agents out there but most aren't interested in a players well being but are interested how much said player can make them

They are a blight on the modern game

You say that, but if you were a top-level footballer I bet you would have one

Sadly, you are correct

Paul Scholes, apparently, never read a contract he was offered, or had an agent. Just signed it and got on with playing football

Archived