IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

He'd be a better player to have than gladwin, if they want to go straight up they'd want to be as strong as possible.

Yes I agree he would be better - but are they really going to sign a player, only to then buy a replacement for him 2 weeks later.

QPR cannot offer wages until there is 6 months remaining on his contract otherwise it is deemed as tapping up. Unless we accept a transfer bid, none of that will be going on.

There is a difference between making a formal offer of wages and giving an indication via 3rd parties of what they would be willing to offer. A well run club is realistic about these things, knowing when to offer an improved contract (Flint, Bryan) and when to accept that you are best selling (as is rumoured with Freeman). I guess there is less leeway to offer an improved contract to Freeman than to Flint and Bryan, or, if this rumour is true, any offer we may have made is miles away from QPR's silly money.

There is a difference between making a formal offer of wages and giving an indication via 3rd parties of what they would be willing to offer. A well run club is realistic about these things, knowing when to offer an improved contract (Flint, Bryan) and when to accept that you are best selling (as is rumoured with Freeman). I guess there is less leeway to offer an improved contract to Freeman than to Flint and Bryan, or, if this rumour is true, any offer we may have made is miles away from QPR's silly money.

This - when you are looking at jobs, once you've read the description, what is the next thing you look at? Wages - I'm sure most players know a ballpark long before they sit down with prospective employers

As much as I don't agree with it, tapping up happens all the time I suspect

I hate this time of year , with no concrete news in or out.

I was listening to talksport recently , a very interesting interview/conversation with a journo based in Spain (I think). 

I listened to his thoughts , the rumours , what was in the local papers , what the local journalists thought about rumours that had made the British press etc , etc.

After about 15 / 20 mins I realised that nothing approaching real news had been said , all rumour and conjecture . I'm now trying to ignore all this sort of thing until we really sign or sell someone.

Whatever the truth in all these rumours, I remain utterly frustrated about the black hole which is the BCFC website at the moment.  Just something, anything, to reassure the fans that business is being done would be nice.

Feeling anxious?

• Admin

Whatever the truth in all these rumours, I remain utterly frustrated about the black hole which is the BCFC website at the moment.  Just something, anything, to reassure the fans that business is being done would be nice.

Do we "really" need reassuring?

I certainly don't, we know our backroom team will add to the squad if they feel it warrants improving, we're still weeks away from the season starting and very few signings have been made apart from those released from clubs.

Sit back and enjoy the peaceful close season

Bristol city boss Steve Cotterill will be targeting players of the calibre of Matt Smith..

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-city-boss-Steve-Cotterill-targeting/story-26749363-detail/story.html?

Targeting players under 24 and championship experience rules out most of the rumours on here

Last summer, before we'd made any signings, Cotterill did a Radio Bristol interview saying he was targeting players aged 25+ who were preferably married, stable home life, and less likely to be dazzled by the 'bright lights' of Bristol.

I wouldn't read too much into what he tells the press.

Bristol city boss Steve Cotterill will be targeting players of the calibre of Matt Smith..

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-city-boss-Steve-Cotterill-targeting/story-26749363-detail/story.html?

Stockhausen does make me laugh.

"Similarly, talk of former Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Lee Camp, currently third choice at Premier League newcomers AFC Bournemouth, coming to Ashton Gate has proved nothing more than hearsay."

He wrote about City and Camp on 4th June!!

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Boss-Steve-Cotterill-considering/story-26630356-detail/story.html

Stockhausen does make me laugh.

"Similarly, talk of former Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Lee Camp, currently third choice at Premier League newcomers AFC Bournemouth, coming to Ashton Gate has proved nothing more than hearsay."

He wrote about City and Camp on 4th June!!

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Boss-Steve-Cotterill-considering/story-26630356-detail/story.html

He is a bit of a joke.

Archived