IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Both deals are done. Two players have agreed deals from July 1st. Whether the club announce them or not today is down to them but they have agreed to join.

The club may wait until July 1st to unveil them as that is when Cotts returns.

Given they have signed I see no reason to why the names can't be revealed.

So you may have to wait a week or so to have it officially announced but we have signed James Tavernier on a free transfer from Wigan and Lawrie Wilson on a free transfer.

Who is Lawrie Wilson?

Ex Charlton Defender/Midfielder who is left sided defender and also can play as a defensive and left sided midfielder. Spent end of last season on loan at Rotherham before being released by Charlton. Signed for us over Rotherham, Birmingham and Sheffield United who all made contract offers. Two year deal. He is 27 and is a versatile player.

Definitely plays on the left or central. He looks like a good cover player in that he can play in a number of positions. He looks like an upgrade of Scott Wagstaff if anything and will add cover at the back and cover for Korey Smith in midfield and add valuable experience to the side and ironically played with Luke Freeman at Stevange briefly when Luke was on loan in the 2011-2012 League Two promotion season.

Both deals are done. Two players have agreed deals from July 1st. Whether the club announce them or not today is down to them but they have agreed to join.

The club may wait until July 1st to unveil them as that is when Cotts returns.

Given they have signed I see no reason to why the names can't be revealed.

So you may have to wait a week or so to have it officially announced but we have signed James Tavernier on a free transfer from Wigan and Lawrie Wilson on a free transfer.

Now I really hope you are wrong!

Ex Charlton Defender/Midfielder who is left sided defender and also can play as a defensive and left sided midfielder. Spent end of last season on loan at Rotherham before being released by Charlton. Signed for us over Rotherham, Birmingham and Sheffield United who all made contract offers. Two year deal. He is 27 and is a versatile player.

The words of Steve Evans who had him on loan at Rotherham......

"He can play right-back, right side of midfield, central midfield and right-sided centre-half, but predominantly he is a right-sided midfielder."

He's right sided

Wasn't overly impressed with tavs when he was here. Didn't see anything from him to make me think he could be a decent championship player.

Recall Wilson a little from his Charlton days, albeit through snippets. Wasn't overly impressed with him either.

As someone has said previously, we should be looking to bring in quality additions who will challenge for first team places and make the ones who we adored last season squad players. Don't sign players 'as cover'. Sign people who will come in and make a difference!

Wasn't overly impressed with tavs when he was here. Didn't see anything from him to make me think he could be a decent championship player.

Recall Wilson a little from his Charlton days, albeit through snippets. Wasn't overly impressed with him either.

As someone has said previously, we should be looking to bring in quality additions who will challenge for first team places and make the ones who we adored last season squad players. Don't sign players 'as cover'. Sign people who will come in and make a difference!

Did you stop watching us around the start of March?

Tavs was excellent for us at the back end of the season when he had a decent run of games.

A big improvement on Little.

Tavs was excellent for us at the back end of the season when he had a decent run of games.

I don't agree he was an improvement on Little but thought he did well for the last games . 

With all due respect, I'd take the views of Burt & Cotts over yours

Excellent is a massive overstatement! He done ok once promotion had been wrapped up.

There is no way he would play over Little, which is the point people try to make. Sign players to improve the squad. Loans can be used as cover.

Definitely plays on the left or central. He looks like a good cover player in that he can play in a number of positions. He looks like an upgrade of Scott Wagstaff if anything and will add cover at the back and cover for Korey Smith in midfield and add valuable experience to the side and ironically played with Luke Freeman at Stevange briefly when Luke was on loan in the 2011-2012 League Two promotion season.

I've seen Charlton play a few times, he's a RB.

So unless Wagstaff or Little are leaving then it's a very strange signing.

Underwhelmed by this one.

Archived