IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

He definitely sounds like he's be (to borrow on old turn of phrase) a good club to have in the bag. Returning to my original point though, I wouldn't blame him for preferring to be Swindon's main 'club' rather than our rescue wedge

Who says he couldn't push someone out? If Harry is correct and SC is looking at playing Ayling on the right then we'll be needing a centre half anyway.

Isn't the other issue here the composition of our back three?

If, as some have suggested, Ayling might move across to RWB, the gap alongside Flint on the right hand side would surely be filled by a more experienced player than this lad, promising as he may well be?

Williams has about 20 minutes experience above League One level, whereas Flint has none. I just can't see us starting the season with a defence that is even less experienced than last year's, so would expect any defender that we sign to have played in The Championship before.

Isn't the other issue here the composition of our back three?

If, as some have suggested, Ayling might move across to RWB, the gap alongside Flint on the right hand side would surely be filled by a more experienced player than this lad, promising as he may well be?

Williams has about 20 minutes experience above League One level, whereas Flint has none. I just can't see us starting the season with a defence that is even less experienced than last year's, so would expect any defender that we sign to have played in The Championship before.

Not ideal, but that sounds like Osbourne at a push. Age 27 has championship experience with Millwall...err that's about it.

As we're needing cover for Frank, maybe have a look at Lukasz Zaluska, released by Celtic.  33 years old, experienced and seemed happy to be understudy at Celtic to Boric, Forster and Craig Gordon over the years.  Might be reasonably easy to keep him happy on the bench if that's what (appears to) float his boat.

Before Celtic, was first choice at Dundee United, signed by Strachan.  Gets a good rating from the Rangers fan sat next to me, and that's unusual for him to speak kindly of any Celtic player!!

What seals it for me is that one of his previous clubs was Stomil Olsztyn.  "No further questions, Your Honour"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%81ukasz_Za%C5%82uska

Although I would prefer us to sign a young promising keeper as a back up to FF I wouldn't be surprised if we signed 'Lewis Price' who was released by Palace last week. He's the keeper SC raved about when we Price was on loan at Crawley last season & put in a star performance against us.

He was good. Weird that in his 30s he's barely played 100 league games

We all know that keepers, in general, are barking.  Some will not hang around warming the bench coz they want first team footie almost guaranteed somewhere, whilst others seem to make a career of 'being there' when needed and being quite happy to fire a few crosses, high catches and thunderbolts at the starting keeper in the warm-up.  I guess that some of the keepers referred to above are in the latter category.

Come on, we haven't tapped into the Polish floating supporters in Bristol for many a year.  Having Stomil Olsztyn's ex-keeper in the squad could attract some much needed Zlotys into the war chest!  Sign him up Steve!  

I see one of my top targets is in talks with effing Swindle!!!

Alfie Mawson looking like he's no longer required by Brentford (new manager clearly not got time for him). Apparently a number of clubs have agreed a fee. Hope we're one of them. Would hate for Swinedon to grab this lad ahead of us.

I don't think he's gonna cost as much as I perhaps initially thought as well, so should be relatively cheap.

Come on Burty, go get him.

How very dare he ? Does n't he know who you are ?

On that rumours site we are close to signing Danish 22 year old Made Hvilsom, striker scored 16 goals last season.

Lost black rat posted that yesterday, but everyone ignored it.

Source? These "out of the blue" rumours about players you've never heard of are always interesting. Are people clever enough to fake them just because I'll think they're credible?

Lost black rat posted that yesterday, but everyone ignored it.

Source? These "out of the blue" rumours about players you've never heard of are always interesting. Are people clever enough to fake them just because I'll think they're credible?

Think the thing is that mentioning "that rumours site" is basically one step removed from "I had a dream we signed..." most of the time, hence folks passing it by.

If there is any substance, the lad's wiki is here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mads_Dittmer_Hvilsom and seems like he's been part of a team who got his current club to the top tier for the first time last season.  Decent stats, and a big lad to boot.

Edit - Just noticed he was actually second top scorer in that league last year too.

19 Jun 2015 00:12:39

Bristol City are set to announce the signings of George Saville and James Tavernier on permanent deals after both enjoyed successful loan periods last season

Wouldn't have thought Saville ?

Saville didn't have much of a chance to impress with City but was highly rated on his performances for Brentford the previous season.

At 22 he's a young improver and there will be a lot more to him than we saw last season.

These 2 signings were always on the cards.

Saville didn't have much of a chance to impress with City but was highly rated on his performances for Brentford the previous season.

At 22 he's a young improver and there will be a lot more to him than we saw last season.

These 2 signings were always on the cards.

Have we signed them, then?

This rumour was always on the cards!

Have we signed them, then?

NO! Not that I know of anyway.......

This rumour was always on the cards!

The 2 signing permanently is a bit more than your average rumour - it was always on the cards, and is still very much on the cards.

Archived