IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

I notice Leicester have released Hopper, Pearson and Smith following the Thailand incident.

Know nothing about any of them, bar Hopper having a decent spell at Scunny.

Anyone think any would be worth a look on a free?

I know nothing about any of them but would be amazed if Cotterill signed any of these types after that incident.

Rumours of Freeman off to QPR flying around today, doubt there's any truth in it but would be massively gauling if we didn't keep hold of him

Flying around where?  I can see nothing online except for one lighthearted tweet from someone called 'Sophie' (who appears to be wearing a BCFC shirt) on 21st May...

https://twitter.com/sxph_ie/status/601310638359580672

I see one of my top targets is in talks with effing Swindle!!!

Alfie Mawson looking like he's no longer required by Brentford (new manager clearly not got time for him). Apparently a number of clubs have agreed a fee. Hope we're one of them. Would hate for Swinedon to grab this lad ahead of us.

I don't think he's gonna cost as much as I perhaps initially thought as well, so should be relatively cheap.

Come on Burty, go get him.

I see one of my top targets is in talks with effing Swindle!!!

Alfie Mawson looking like he's no longer required by Brentford (new manager clearly not got time for him). Apparently a number of clubs have agreed a fee. Hope we're one of them. Would hate for Swinedon to grab this lad ahead of us.

I don't think he's gonna cost as much as I perhaps initially thought as well, so should be relatively cheap.

Come on Burty, go get him.

Where would he fit in to the team though? If he was offered first team at Swindon v back up at Ashton Gate, I wouldn't blame him for taking the former

Where would he fit in to the team though? If he was offered first team at Swindon v back up at Ashton Gate, I wouldn't blame him for taking the former

Lack of ambition if you sign for a club in lower league if a team in higher league shows interest/make abid

The higher you go the moe you must fight for your place!

I'm not being intentionally pedantic but my skepticism radar is flying - before I get blamed for no-one ever wanting to pass anything on I'm not having a go, I'm not calling you or your mate a liar or anything of the sort :surrender:

I'm being a bit of a negative nancy because of the bit in bold. I'm pretty certain no player can be 'officially signed' until the opening of the transfer window, which is 1 July. All that could happen now is a pre-contract agreement - which would be the 'agreed deal' would it not?

Roll on Monday and hopefully my skepticism being proven misplaced :)

Signings can be announced any time, if their contract finishes 30th June then they become a City player on 1st July

Guess it's the same if they've been released or a fee is involved, it's just the fact most contracts finish on 30th June

Lack of ambition if you sign for a club in lower league if a team in higher league shows interest/make abid

Yes and No. Scott Sinclair and Jack Rodwell were both foolish to join Man City. There careers would look very different now if they hadn't gone there.

• Admin

Luke Freeman had the opportunity to sign for Championship clubs. Glad he "lacked ambition".

He'd be a 4th CB. He'd get plenty of playing time.

I also think, as I've mentioned before, that we are very much after a CB, as I think Ayling may be required to shift to RWB. Which could make any potential CB signing a first choice.

He'd be a 4th CB. He'd get plenty of playing time.

I also think, as I've mentioned before, that we are very much after a CB, as I think Ayling may be required to shift to RWB. Which could make any potential CB signing a first choice.

That is a fair point. However (and I say this from a position of only having seen him a couple of times), could Mawson bring the ball out from the back in the way that Ayling does presently? It's a big part of the way we play, though I do think Ayling could be equally useful to us at RWB

As for our 4th centre back getting a lot of playing time, I suspect Karleigh Osbourne would strongly disagree with you there!

I agree with you to a point, but a player of 22 (I think) who wants to make a name for himself needs to play and it all depends on what the manager is telling you. If Swindon are saying "we want you to come in and be our main centre half" but City are saying "we want you to come in and be part of our squad", he may feel that he'll progress better at Swindle. The role a club sees for you is important; as others have pointed out, that's probably what got Luke Freeman to sign for us

That is a fair point. However (and I say this from a position of only having seen him a couple of times), could Mawson bring the ball out from the back in the way that Ayling does presently? It's a big part of the way we play, though I do think Ayling could be equally useful to us at RWB

As for our 4th centre back getting a lot of playing time, I suspect Karleigh Osbourne would strongly disagree with you there!

Mawson is pretty decent on the ball but he's certainly no Ayling in this department. There aren't many out there who can do what Ayling does. I agree this was an important part of our style last season so will be interesting to see if we continue with this 'open' approach in the Championship.

In regard to the 4th choice CB, all I can say is that I don't think we'll be quite so lucky next season on the injury/suspension front. Last year was a very rare occurrance with such a large number of games being 'unchanged'.

Mawson is pretty decent on the ball but he's certainly no Ayling in this department. There aren't many out there who can do what Ayling does. I agree this was an important part of our style last season so will be interesting to see if we continue with this 'open' approach in the Championship.

In regard to the 4th choice CB, all I can say is that I don't think we'll be quite so lucky next season on the injury/suspension front. Last year was a very rare occurrance with such a large number of games being 'unchanged'.

He definitely sounds like he's be (to borrow on old turn of phrase) a good club to have in the bag. Returning to my original point though, I wouldn't blame him for preferring to be Swindon's main 'club' rather than our rescue wedge

He definitely sounds like he's be (to borrow on old turn of phrase) a good club to have in the bag. Returning to my original point though, I wouldn't blame him for preferring to be Swindon's main 'club' rather than our rescue wedge

Some use their rescue wedge quite a lot!

Archived