IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Alfie mawson rejects new deal at Brentford. Good right sided CB and Young. Harry has raved about him. Go get him burt!

Absolutely. Would be a great signing. There will be interest from other more established Championship clubs, but I'd say we've got a chance.

Here are some players who I think we should be realistically looking at signing. Note that all these players are out of contract come July 1st 2015:

Premier League :

Joe Dudgeon (24 yrs) LB - Hull City

Mark Oxley (25 yrs) GK - Hull City

Jak Alnwick (21 yrs) GK - Newcastle United

Adam Armstrong (18 yrs) CF - Newcastle United

Kwesi Appiah (24 yrs) ST - Crystal Palace

Luke Garbutt (22 yrs) LB - Everton

Damian Martinez (22 yrs) GK - Arsenal

Championship:

Matt Mills (28 yrs) CB - Bolton Wanderers

Elliott Hewitt (21 yrs) RB/RWB/RM - Ipswich Town

Mark Beevers (25 yrs) CB - Millwall

Sean Scannell (24 yrs) LM/LW - Huddersfield

Joe Lewis (27 yrs) GK - Cardiff

Lee Nicholls (22 yrs) GK - Wigan

Joe Mattock (25 yrs) LB/LM - Sheffield Wed

League 1:

Theo Robinson (26) ST - Doncaster Rovers

Sanchez Watt (24 yrs) LW - Colchester United

Sam Walker (23 yrs) GK - Colchester United

Scottish Premier League:

Fraser Kerr (22 yrs) CB - Motherwell

Callum Butcher (24 yrs) CB - Dundee United

Armstrong & Nicholls for sure.

Would love Garbutt but I think he's gonna sign a new contract with Everton and be a regular on their bench next season.

Here are some players who I think we should be realistically looking at signing. Note that all these players are out of contract come July 1st 2015:

Premiership :

Championship:

League 1:

Scottish Premiership:

Do you know much about any of these players or do you just recognise the names? Joe Mattock might once have been 'hot property' and a 'name' on champ man but he's a total liability these days. Joe Lewis has been on a downward spiral since leaving P'boro and Matt Mills despite being an overpaid mercenary looks like he's joining Florist:

http://m.nottinghampost.com/Matt-Mills-agrees-join-Nottingham-Forest/story-26621101-detail/story.html

Do you know much about any of these players or do you just recognise the names? Joe Mattock might once have been 'hot property' and a 'name' on champ man but he's a total liability these days. Joe Lewis has been on a downward spiral since leaving P'boro and Matt Mills despite being an overpaid mercenary looks like he's joining Florist:

http://m.nottinghampost.com/Matt-Mills-agrees-join-Nottingham-Forest/story-26621101-detail/story.html

Kwesi Appiah of Palace is a decent shout to be fair.

Someone I came across when on loan at Yeovil the season before last & have followed him since. He started last season on loan at Cambridge where he looked far better than that level. Palace recalled him & he actually finished the season at Reading where he got himself a goal in six appearance's. At 24 he's been around the block a bit but a player on the up most definitely, so much so he called up to the Ghana squad early this year. Strong, quick & skilful who looks like he got goals in him to me. He'd be cheap as chips.

• Admin

but could be tempted to improve his game under Brewers boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

The cheeky  ...... !

To be fair, JFH was a pretty good striker in his day so JET could learn a thing or two under him.

Kwesi Appiah of Palace is a decent shout to be fair.

Someone I came across when on loan at Yeovil the season before last & have followed him since. He started last season on loan at Cambridge where he looked far better than that level. Palace recalled him & he actually finished the season at Reading where he got himself a goal in six appearance's. At 24 he's been around the block a bit but a player on the up most definitely, so much so he called up to the Ghana squad early this year. Strong, quick & skilful who looks like he got goals in him to me. He'd be cheap as chips.

I think he came into pro football quite late from non league, still young at 24 and can certainly improve. I really rate him actually.

Premier League :

Championship:

League 1:

Scottish Premier League:

Just watched England U21's and thought Luke Garbutt had a fantastic game, great going forward and ain't bad at taking set pieces either also got man of the match, don't think we have much chance but if we have then we should defo sign him up

Yes I follow and watch a lot of football across England as well as Europe.

In regards to Joe Mattock he has mixed reviews granted, however so do so many other players across so many different leagues and countries. As for CM or anything else I judge players on what they actually do not in some virtual game or reality. The lad is a good age, plenty of experience and can play in 3 positions on the left hand side. Something which can add depth to several positions in one wage. A team like us cannot expect everyone we look at or eventually sign to have consistent world beating rave reviews.

Joe Lewis is reaching his 'best years' as goalkeepers go according to age. Cardiff have had a fair amout of keepers coming in and out since signing Lewis. He needs a grounded squad environment and a chance to potentially get his plaudits back. Remember just how good he was when he had that at Peterborough? It's that sort of pedigree we need to challenge FF. And with his recent 'downward spiral' he would not demand the #1 shirt before signing.

Just watched England U21's and thought Luke Garbutt had a fantastic game, great going forward and ain't bad at taking set pieces either also got man of the match, don't think we have much chance but if we have then we should defo sign him up

He has a great footballing brain for a young developing lad, and that really is evident.

Why can't we at least attempt to look at a loan deal if he resigns for Everton??

Look at Williams... He came from Villa with a good amount of fans saying he was a potential first team player if he stayed for the prolonged future. Garbutt could be a similar situation!

"They attempted to make his deal permanent, or at least extend the loan, in January, but Fulham were unwilling to sell under new manager Kit Symons."

Lazy journalism. Unable to re-register with another club as previously registered with Leeds, Fulham and us. He was signed again on loan for us for the maximum number of games before he went back to Fulham.

Crap article if you ask me. As for the Fulham fans saying they had two strikers in form before he went back - weren't they struggling to muster up a goal between them?

Edit - can't work out how to quote on my phone!!

"They attempted to make his deal permanent, or at least extend the loan, in January, but Fulham were unwilling to sell under new manager Kit Symons."

Lazy journalism. Unable to re-register with another club as previously registered with Leeds, Fulham and us. He was signed again on loan for us for the maximum number of games before he went back to Fulham.

Crap article if you ask me. As for the Fulham fans saying they had two strikers in form before he went back - weren't they struggling to muster up a goal between them?

Edit - can't work out how to quote on my phone!!

fulham fans saying he was one of they're main players once he returned!

Not sure this is going to happen!

He wasn't playing much at Preston this season I think?

So may have good for 1st team football and a 3 year deal gives him a bit more security I guess

He played 40-odd games for them. Perhaps he was told he wouldn't be first choice this season? Maybe he just loves S****horpe?

Not City related but I see Scott Laird has turned down a contract at Preston and have signed for S****horpe on a 3 year deal?

Strange deal that.

He's the third Preston player to make that move in the last fortnight.

fulham fans saying he was one of they're main players once he returned!

Not sure this is going to happen!

Good that the Fulham fans appreciated ar'Matt but if we really want him we will make him and his club the right offer and he'll come .

If we can find better value else where then they can keep him and we'll sign ar'Ronaldo !

Archived