IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

I think he came into pro football quite late from non league, still young at 24 and can certainly improve. I really rate him actually.

Yeah your right Phileas he was knocking around the non league scene for a few years prior Palace picked him up.

Looking at Appiah's stats he has 25 goals in 63 starts (35 sub) but has never had a full season at one club. 5 games for Ghana 1 goal. His career has been stop start but I feel given a run in the same team all season he got goals in him. I hope were looking at him cos despite his recent rise he's relatively unknown & again would be cheap.

The Championship's top scorer from last season who despite being 32 is valued at 3+ million? No chance.

Was he, is he, how much,well my source has let me down,he's let his family down and most of all he's let himself down.

Yeah your right Phileas he was knocking around the non league scene for a few years prior Palace picked him up.

Looking at Appiah's stats he has 25 goals in 63 starts (35 sub) but has never had a full season at one club. 5 games for Ghana 1 goal. His career has been stop start but I feel given a run in the same team all season he got goals in him. I hope were looking at him cos despite his recent rise he's relatively unknown & again would be cheap.

Agreed, he's very quick too something we lack a bit. I always like non-league/late starters as they are rarely the finished article. I feel there is more scope for improvement with them as they haven't always had the same regimented academy procedure that others have. Lots have been successful too, Jamie Vardy being a good example. Shame we didn't go for Andre Grey who's done well this year.

Could make Scunny a force next season .

They always seem to be there or there abouts those Scunny lingerers .

Good that the Fulham fans appreciated ar'Matt but if we really want him we will make him and his club the right offer and he'll come .

If we can find better value else where then they can keep him and we'll sign ar'Ronaldo !

You seem very sure he will come here, do you not think if he has started to get some game time at Fulham which are a bigger club than us at this present time, he may want to prove himself their

Agreed, he's very quick too something we lack a bit. I always like non-league/late starters as they are rarely the finished article. I feel there is more scope for improvement with them as they haven't always had the same regimented academy procedure that others have. Lots have been successful too, Jamie Vardy being a good example. Shame we didn't go for Andre Grey who's done well this year.

Completely agree.

The club were well aware of Andre Grey when at Luton but I can confirm both SOD & Burt turned their nose up at him. I know that cos I asked them direct myself. Still suppose it's all about opinions hey but one thing that annoys me about this club is we rarely take a  gamble on players. Granted all signings are gambles but I'm talking about rough diamonds like when Grey was in the Conference and someone like Appiah whose been around the block but clearly got talent.

You seem very sure he will come here, do you not think if he has started to get some game time at Fulham which are a bigger club than us at this present time, he may want to prove himself their

If City want to sign him It's certainly to our disadvantage that he returned to Fulham full of the confidence instilled by his purple patch at AG and apparently impressed at that level.

Big fee will be required now, on top of the high wages, and the whole package may be beyond us. or indeed not be in our best interests with available money needing to be spread over a number of new signings.

If City want to sign him It's certainly to our disadvantage that he returned to Fulham full of the confidence instilled by his purple patch at AG and apparently impressed at that level.

Big fee will be required now, on top of the high wages, and the whole package may be beyond us. or indeed not be in our best interests with available money needing to be spread over a number of new signings.

personally I don't see it happening when he went back he said he enjoyed his time here but wanted to prove himself at Fulham and plus as you said the huge financial package that would go along with it!!!

I still have the feeling that there was a verbal or written agreement between City and Fulham before the end of last season.

We all know very well that people in football only say what you want to hear, not what is actually going on behind the scenes.

I know nothing but i could just have simply said " money talks " because every player has his price .

Do we want him enough ? Does he represent value for money ? No one knows but the direction and management of the City .

I still have the feeling that there was a verbal or written agreement between City and Fulham before the end of last season.

We all know very well that people in football only say what you want to hear, not what is actually going on behind the scenes.

A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's write en on .

personally I don't see it happening when he went back he said he enjoyed his time here but wanted to prove himself at Fulham and plus as you said the huge financial package that would go along with it!!!

Well he would say that would n't he ?

He's never going to say it was awful at City ( future potential club ) and he does n't want to play well at Fulham ( actual club ).

It's typical footballer talk means diddly squat .

I know nothing but i could just have simply said " money talks " because every player has his price .

Do we want him enough ? Does he represent value for money ? No one knows but the direction and management of the City .

Yeah money does talk and given he signed for Fulham at championship level having just come down from the prem with parachute payments do you not think they have a contract or can offer him more than us?..Lansdown has proved over the years that we punch at our weight and he will not pay over the odds... Just saying that you seem to be making a sweeping statement without considering potential circumstances.

You seem to have a romantic view that just because he played a part in a great squad that he would jump at the chance to come back.. When most realists will know that for footballers in modern time the cash talks most

Yeah money does talk and given he signed for Fulham at championship level having just come down from the prem with parachute payments do you not think they have a contract or can offer him more than us?..Lansdown has proved over the years that we punch at our weight and he will not pay over the odds... Just saying that you seem to be making a sweeping statement without considering potential circumstances.

You seem to have a romantic view that just because he played a part in a great squad that he would jump at the chance to come back.. When most realists will know that for footballers in modern time the cash talks most

That 's what i said " money talks " Smith would jump at the chance if he could earn more money And advance his career.

As much as I would like us to sign him, I think you're right and I wouldn't want us to pay over the odds for him.

I think our only real chance of getting him is if he's told he won't be involved much. None of us really know how he's valued by their manager. It's possible that he could be seen as a valuable member of the team and equally it's possible that they might want to move him on. I still think it's unlikely we'd be able to afford him though.

Fulham have released Rodellega today.

Sorry to see Jet go he had that goal out of nothing possibility, on the other hand Nicky Maynard please NO, players coming back seldom works and he aint done sod all since he left. The reason we had such a good season was that Cott's got rid of all the dead wood and brought in players with hunger and desire. Beckford could be good player for us, proven goal scorer.

Agree he was more than decent for us but if he did come in he would only be back up for Flint as i couldn't see him in a wide centre back position. So can't see it happening really.

He's pretty handy with the ball at his feet so could play there in my opinion, we played him centre mid in his final game. Either way he'd be great competition for Flint, what happens if he gets injured? Everyone hates El-Abd and with Osborne I'm not convinced he could do a great job in the Championship

He's pretty handy with the ball at his feet so could play there in my opinion, we played him centre mid in his final game. Either way he'd be great competition for Flint, what happens if he gets injured? Everyone hates El-Abd and with Osborne I'm not convinced he could do a great job in the Championship

If we decided to go with a flat back 4 then alongside Flint as a centre back pairing then yes maybe. I don't think we are in the position yet where we can get somebody in on a decent wage,which is what he would demand, just to be competition for Flint. If you remember when we enquired about him after his loan spell here it was reported he was looking for 20k per week. I do like him as a player but for the above reasons and the fact he doesn't really fit in with our recruitment policy i can't see this one happening.

If we decided to go with a flat back 4 then alongside Flint as a centre back pairing then yes maybe. I don't think we are in the position yet where we can get somebody in on a decent wage,which is what he would demand, just to be competition for Flint. If you remember when we enquired about him after his loan spell here it was reported he was looking for 20k per week. I do like him as a player but for the above reasons and the fact he doesn't really fit in with our recruitment policy i can't see this one happening.

Take your point that wages could be a stumbling block. But I doubt his demands would still be that high, can't imagine he'd be on that money at Charlton

Archived