IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

Guest rockinrobin

The only team in the Premier League not to have made signings is Newcastle - wonder if their fans are panicking yet!

Despite what people say it is concerning that we haven't made any additions. If we pick up a couple of injuries during pre season or early league we are right up shit creek without a paddle.

I think we're all just worried that in the past, when we've dealt late in the market we've bought players that haven't either Been good enough or were not really needed!

Can we trust SC and KB to get this right? I'd like to think so but perhaps it's not about trusting them but rather considering the ability of the club to compete with established championship clubs for target signings.

Guest Joejones30

Someone get the Picard facepalm gif out in anticipation

Additionally, tweeted at 3:59 am?

it was tweeted half an hour ago I follow him mate, just does that sometimes

Guest Joejones30

Someone get the Picard facepalm gif out in anticipation

Additionally, tweeted at 3:59 am?

it was tweeted half an hour ago I follow him mate, just does that sometimes

Can this forum cope with a player signing ??? 56 pages of stress so far, and that is before we sign someone.... Incoming very very soon I hear. 

Please don't pretend that you're ITK if you're not.

Players will come . Don't Panic . Probably 2 experienced ex-Prem or Championship and 2 quality younger players from Div1/2 . The transfer deadline is 7 weeks off . I'm sure the now organised & structured club we support have a policy and how to implicate it . My belief is that we'll manage ok in the short-term with the bare-bones we have , and the loan market carries on into the season , when other clubs will have done there budgets ...

No need to panic. I'm sure we've tried with a few of our top targets and probably have been denied a few times. That's fine. As far as late July and early August, it's simple. The Hulls, Burnley's and QPRs are going to take who they'd like. Then the next tier of teams. As these teams buy players, their extras become more available or expendable. That's where our business will come from and why it will take time. Would I like new players to gel in Potugal? Yes but it isn't the end of the world if not. And it wouldn't be a disaster if we fill out our bench with Bobby Reid and Wes Burns in early August until we finish our business.

Why

Because there isn't much back up yet,

Not dismissing out of hand just waiting for one or two others to say something as well,

The fact the website hasn't updated yet and some one has heard something from some one isn't concrete but it's enough to peek my interest that something may happen,

I'm just waiting with anticepation at the moment but don't want to get mine or others hopes up

I didn't give an opinion other than 1.7m being too much by the sounds of things.

I hate stats so much it's untrue, believe me. Assists, pass completion, win percentages - does my brain!

Yep, apologies though, nothing was really aimed at you, just the general thoughts on here.

Stats can be good, but should be only a part of a much bigger picture. For example, Korey Smith probably has quite poor stats for a midfielder if you're looking at assists, goals, passes etc but would you want him gone on that basis??

Yep, apologies though, nothing was really aimed at you, just the general thoughts on here.

Stats can be good, but should be only a part of a much bigger picture. For example, Korey Smith probably has quite poor stats for a midfielder if you're looking at assists, goals, passes etc but would you want him gone on that basis??

Stats are a good base line to start with, if Korey was brought in as an attacking midfielder then people would be correct to question him, but you need to see him play first,

As a defensive midfielder however if you look at his interception and tackling stats and his ability to break up play then they should all be pretty good,

Just wish more people would watch games and then opine rather than using stats to give a view.

One player plays a simple five yard pass to someone who smashes it in from 30 yards and gets an assist. Another player plays a clever dummy to sell a defender for someone else to score and doesn't get an assist!

Win percentages are my least favourite stats though. Anything that shows Danny Wilson to be a better manager than Gary Johnson should be ignored.

Just wish more people would watch games and then opine rather than using stats to give a view.

One player plays a simple five yard pass to someone who smashes it in from 30 yards and gets an assist. Another player plays a clever dummy to sell a defender for someone else to score and doesn't get an assist!

Win percentages are my least favourite stats though. Anything that shows Danny Wilson to be a better manager than Gary Johnson should be ignored.

Not if you're Robbored, who will no doubt be along shortly now that Gary's name has been mentioned

So our new exciting number 10 is a basketball player..

I don't even...

Why don't Bristol Sport just register all players for all sports? That we if we're struggling for numbers come match day we could stick a couple basketball players, a lady Academy player, a racing driver and a fly half on the bench.

So our new exciting number 10 is a basketball player..

I don't even...

Why don't Bristol Sport just register all players for all sports? That way if we're struggling for numbers come match day we could stick a couple basketball players, a lady Academy player, a racing driver and a fly half on the bench.

The best and most informed poster on this forum speaking utter sense again, many of us me included will have egg on our faces in three weeks.....we will have a competitive squad by August 1st I'm sure....im worried but not as close to the club as a supporter as Harry, so I trust what he says above anyone else

Shock's mum. Is that you?!

Like other posters have mentioned, we will need to wait for other clubs to do business before we can pick up those that will subsequently be surplus to requirements. As Harry correctly asserts, Berty will be finalising any deals while Cotts is in Portugal. No sweat.

Guest Warminster Red

Not city related but just seen a picture on insta of Nicky Maynard wearing Forest training gear. Not sure if this is old news or what just thought I'd share it with ya'll.

Not city related but just seen a picture on insta of Nicky Maynard wearing Forest training gear. Not sure if this is old news or what just thought I'd share it with ya'll.

Yeah training with them. Apparently Coventry and Birmingham are after his signature.

Just seen this guy outside AG. Looks like a keeper from this photo, though he has got different coloured hair now

shaun-the-sheep_onward_journey_image_bid

Sauce?

Has to be mint !!!!!

Guest I am the mole

Look, I'm really trying hard to see your point of view here, but do you honestly believe that Cotterill wouldn't have PREFERRED to sign new players by now? Do you really think it's likely that they have PLANNED this situation. Your slavish adherence to what little the club says is quite endearing, but potentially naive. What club would deliberately do all its business at the end of the window, when new players could be being embedded in the squad now, AS THEY WERE LAST SEASON? To reflect your comment, what part of Cotts saying our success last year was based on signing players early don't you understand?

The fact is that none of us, you, me, no one, really knows what is going on. So don't imply you have some inside knowledge, and put down genuine fans who have every right to be worried.

last season we were on of the biggest clubs in our division which makes attracting players easier this season we are mid lower to smallest so we have to be patient if we want to bring in our targets innit!!

Archived