IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

19 Jun 2015 00:12:39

Bristol City are set to announce the signings of George Saville and James Tavernier on permanent deals after both enjoyed successful loan periods last season

Wouldn't have thought Saville ?

I am led to believe there is a lot of truth about one of the above, and that he is one of the two players that could be officially agreed by Monday. 

I am led to believe there is a lot of truth about one of the above, and that he is one of the two players that could be officially agreed by Monday.

Forgive me if I have you mixed up with someone else, but I thought the players we were signing were out of contract? Thought these two had clubs?

Roverzzzz have been linked with his brother, Ars.

Forgive me if I have you mixed up with someone else, but I thought the players we were signing were out of contract? Thought these two had clubs?

I believe one of them was released from his contract a few weeks ago. But one of the two I've heard about is one of these two and it was stated both were free transfers.

Clubs like Fulham, Derby, QPR and are in a diffefent financial league to us for the moment.

If Lansdown wanted to splash the cash then he could, but I get what you're saying with regards to parachute payments from the Prem. 

I think it's more to do with the fact that those clubs are a wee bit more attractive to sign for than us! (At the moment anyway)  :fingerscrossed:

But Cotts doesn't do that bit, he just asks for certain players and others within the team do the deals.

Correct. But it's unlikely that we will 'unveil' a signing without Cotts being present both for being there to see the player but also to interviews etc. it's quite possible that deals will get agreed whilst he's still on holiday but officially coming down to the gate, doing medicals, signing contracts and then doing interviews is unlikely to happen without Cotts being present.

Correct. But it's unlikely that we will 'unveil' a signing without Cotts being present both for being there to see the player but also to interviews etc. it's quite possible that deals will get agreed whilst he's still on holiday but officially coming down to the gate, doing medicals, signing contracts and then doing interviews is unlikely to happen without Cotts being present.

I imagine Cotts might want to "look em in the eyes". Make sure the player is a good fit. Also, funnily enough I imagine the player might want to do the same with his prospective manager.

I imagine Cotts might want to "look em in the eyes". Make sure the player is a good fit. Also, funnily enough I imagine the player might want to do the same with his prospective manager.

I think more than look him in the eyes as you say. All that would have been done long before a signing is completed.

Yes, Burt is the man that does all the leg work regarding organising scouting and negotiating with agents etc but Cotts will also be heavily involved. I know much has been said about other clubs where the DoF has signed players a manager doesn't want but I firmly believe Burt and Cotts have a strong working relationship and Burt won't be going after players without identifying them alongside Cotts. I am 100% sure that Cotts will have spoken to players as well, probably on several occasions, long before a signing gets completed.

So, Cotts being present when a signing is unveiled won't be about 'looking them in the eyes' or getting a feel for them but more out of courtesy. It's a pretty poor show if you sign for a club and the manager isn't even there on the day. Burt and Cotts will be fighting for players and trying to convince them that they are wanted at BCFC and valued.

You don't need to present the signings when you announce them. No reason deals could not be announced Monday and signings presented on 1 July, the day we can actually register them to play for us.

When we signed Smith, Freeman & Agard they all said in their interviews about how long the club had been interested in them. Pretty sure Korey said we were looking at him 6 months before we made a bid! Wouldn't be surprised if we here the same about our new signings. No doubt Cotts and Burt have already been in discussions with our targets and there could be quite a few already lined up. Stockhausen said we're unlikely to see any until July so I reckon from the time SC comes back from his holiday until we go to Portugal the signings will be flooding in!.... (hopefully)

Archived