IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

• Admin

To be fair, if those 2 are signed it fleshes out our squad a little with players who could do a job if called upon in positions we aren't desperate to improve.

If we can pick up 2 strikers and a central midfielder that are going to be starting xi players during the course of July we will have a pretty decent team in my opinion.

id be a little dissaponted if we signed JT. Not that he's not a solid enough player, just that we are not realy strengthening the RWB position. I think Littles a bit of a weak link, and along with the forwards should be a priority when it comes to signing players.

Underwhelmed based on seeing him play only a couple of times?

Underwhelmed for a variety of reasons.

Underwhelmed as he couldn't get in a Charlton team who are fairly poor, underwhelmed as I don't believe he is anywhere near as good as Little/Tavs/Ayling/Smith, underwhelmed as he isn't of an age to improve and he is unlikely to be a starter.

Little had a very good season wasn't overly impressed with Tavernier at first but he certainly got better by the game.

I agree, slow start that improved. Overall I think Tavernier showed more in the locker than Little, but not that much more. Had there been a fee involved I would've thought it a bit of a waste of money but on a free, and hoping we haven't gone silly on signing on fees etc it could be a shrewd deal.

I don't really see the point in having Little and Tavernier here, and this other 'rumoured' chap and with our other RWB cover. I'd be very surprised if Little hasn't played his last game for us, which is a shame.

It seems odd that we would sign two right backs when Little is one of our best players on his day. If this is true - then we must remember that Cotts is building a team and he will be in the best position to judge if players can fit into his team. Mind you he did buy El Abd!

A quick statistical look at Litts and Tav based on games where they played 45 minutes or more in all competitions except the JPT where only the final is included. Little's percentage comes first:

Clean sheets: 44% 56%

Wins: 62% 67%

Loss: 13% 11%

Draw: 26% 22%

Goals: 5% 33%

Assists: 10% 11%

Damn lies and statistics of course

A quick statistical look at Litts and Tav based on games where they played 45 minutes or more in all competitions except the JPT where only the final is included. Little's percentage comes first:

Nice one Statto.

Underwhelmed for a variety of reasons.

Underwhelmed as he couldn't get in a Charlton team who are fairly poor, underwhelmed as I don't believe he is anywhere near as good as Little/Tavs/Ayling/Smith, underwhelmed as he isn't of an age to improve and he is unlikely to be a starter.

I'd have to agree regarding Wilson.

Hard to believe a bit part player at Charlton would be a primary target for City and to me his signing - if it happens - may indicate our first choice signings are proving problematic.

He sounds more like the sort of player we might have aimed to sign last year for a div.3 campaign had we failed to get Little or Ayling, and with nowhere near their ability or potential.

I'm not expecting stellar signings, but I am expecting every new player to be capable of permanently replacing what we've already got.

Wilson doesn't appear to fit in to this category, or indeed, at nearly 28, fit the age range you'd expect City to be looking at.

But that's not fair stats given the number of games played!

Someone is likely to have a higher win percentage have played 10 games over someone you played 30!

For me the interesting bit reading about Wilson is that he can play as a right sided centre back. With his versatility one of the positions he could cover is Luke Ayling's. The 2 signings are both very versatile as Tavernier can also play on the right hand side of midfield if we had to change formations for any reason. For me these are 2 signings, if they happen, are to help pad the squad. There will be more "exciting" signings I am sure. DON'T PANIC!!! 

But that's not fair stats given the number of games played!

Someone is likely to have a higher win percentage have played 10 games over someone you played 30!

Is it fairer given 3 of those games were the Swindon, Preston and Bradford succession of games?

No science in football comparisons it seems.

If we do sign Wilson I'm sticking my neck out that he's going to be this summer's Wilbraham.

Is it fairer given 3 of those games were the Swindon, Preston and Bradford succession of games?

No science in football comparisons it seems.

If we do sign Wilson I'm sticking my neck out that he's going to be this summer's Wilbraham.

You must have a very long neck !

Even if we signed Wilson and Tav's both on free why are people complaining? We just added two players in positions we needed for free albeit Wilson seems more of a squad player for his versatile reasons . I would see this as a plus as this means we able to use what money we have on an established striker or two and perhaps a CM. We haven't been let down with signings so far so I will place trust in the management to continue recruiting as they are. 

You mean the Little that played a majority of games and played a pivotal part in our promotion, or Tavs who came in once the job had pretty much been done,

There was a little spell mid-season where Little looked a bit tired but who could blame him with the effort he put in?

Not sure what you would want him to add to his game? Sound defensively and great going forward.

A bit more guile , every body and his dog knows what Little is going to try .Sheer athleticism will not be enough if he wants to get crosses in against better quality ,smarter defenders .He needs some more tricks up his sleeve .

id be a little dissaponted if we signed JT. Not that he's not a solid enough player, just that we are not realy strengthening the RWB position. I think Littles a bit of a weak link, and along with the forwards should be a priority when it comes to signing players.

John Terry surely won't leave Chelski ?

We have 16 players on the books Wilson can play a number of positions and will be quite cheap I'm not against it

The other thing that people are over looking is the fact there's next to no championship experience in the squad and this lad has some

Don't forget the improvements Bryan Flint fielding all made under cotts coaching

People criticise players before they even play a game. Make one thing clear no these will not be signings that would give massive improvement to the team, but they add stability in already strong areas and adequate cover should injuries occur.

Wilson has already played a number of games for a Championship side, and was part of a team who fought for survival last season. Good traits to have. I get the impression too many fans are expecting us to be at the top end of the table bidding for promotion. If we are then great, but I would rather see a solid settled mid table team that can be built on, bringing in decent cover and a couple of signings who in time may take us to the next level, as if we chuck silly money at big names and it doesn't work out, we could end up back in league one back up financial shit creek again.

People criticise players before they even play a game. Make one thing clear no these will not be signings that would give massive improvement to the team, but they add stability in already strong areas and adequate cover should injuries occur.

Wilson has already played a number of games for a Championship side, and was part of a team who fought for survival last season. Good traits to have. I get the impression too many fans are expecting us to be at the top end of the table bidding for promotion. If we are then great, but I would rather see a solid settled mid table team that can be built on, bringing in decent cover and a couple of signings who in time may take us to the next level, as if we chuck silly money at big names and it doesn't work out, we could end up back in league one back up financial shit creek again.

It's a Brian Wilson type signing , sort of Karma Sutra player, covers every position .

Just got my brother to call one of his mates who did keep in touch with lawrie. He says to his knowledge Lawrie intends to stay in London, and he hasn't heard anything of a move to City

Only one way to sort this - FIGHT......!

Someone is being fed duff information

I can't knock any City player from last year really as its unfair considering we won the double, but you do have to move on and improve where possible... And Little would be one of the first on my list there are he's too 1 dimensional. Tavernier had more quality about him and was better defensively so more than happy with his apparent signing

Archived