IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Considering we have Cunningham as back up and would imagine Konchesky would probably want a fair wedge

Perhaps Cotts wants an old head around to replace Elliott in that sense, he may not play too much but would be a good influence on the rest of the squad??

Failing that Cunningham may be frustrated at playing second fiddle to Bryan and seeing as Bryan has just signed a new contract perhaps he doens't see any future here?

Certainly not beyond the realms of possibilty

I've met CCA- nice chap- coaches juniors for Championship team in North. I'm sure he has been given info from a good source. But that still doesn't guarantee anything.

He's been deliberately vague to protect his own back. Based on what he said earlier, any signings we make this summer could be 'the two he's talking about', only we announced it later than when the deal was completed! Utter nonsense.

That 1st of July BS shows me he doesn't really understand the system. Officially, out of contract players sign on 1st July when they're contracts have expired but as there are no fixtures in the summer the transfer window/free market is effectively open now hence why clubs announce free transfer signings NOW even thought they won't actually be their player until July. There's no reason why we'd wait until 1st July to announce new signings.

He's been deliberately vague to protect his own back. Based on what he said earlier, any signings we make this summer could be 'the two he's talking about', only we announced it later than when the deal was completed! Utter nonsense.

That 1st of July BS shows me he doesn't really understand the system. Officially, out of contract players sign on 1st July when they're contracts have expired but as there are no fixtures in the summer the transfer window/free market is effectively open now hence why clubs announce free transfer signings NOW even thought they won't actually be their player until July. There's no reason why we'd wait until 1st July to announce new signings.

Fair comment. Like I said- I've met him and he seems a genuine guy and does work for a Championship club so he must have a rough idea of how the system works and I don't believe for a moment that he's in the Kachina league.

I once was given info after Millen left that our new manager was to be Mark Robins-  exactly a week later, Del was appointed.

My source? Colin Sextone! Not everything happens even when it looks like a done deal. I always take all new signing rumours with a pinch of salt as the only people who are really in ITK are unlikely to share the info during delicate and often difficult negotiations - particularly if it alerts other potentially interested parties. 

Yep and already rejected us only last summer in preference for Wolves.

If true I don't think that would have any bearing. Of course he would have joined Wolves over us at that point. Things change in football & a 1st team spot at Bristol City in the championship vs sat in the stand at Wolves should be a no brainier.

All conjecture anyway

True enough. The tweets say City have accepted the offer though. That's why I would call BS this time.

Yeah surely that's not enough? Does he have 2 years left? If it's only one we could be in trouble.... They'll no doubt know they're paying loads more than us (having signed JET). If Freeman fancies it we could be knackered.

Let's hope not.......

May have been offered one. He has two years left still so no worries just yet

I appreciate that wttj, just asking the question as Luke certainly deserves a longer deal which would secure both himself and the club.

We would be mad to sell him IMHO.

Not sure how you got either player being at Ashton Gate from that.

If you're gonna read into a Matt Smith tweet read the one where he congratulates Kieren Trippier on his move to Spurs & that he's looking forward to meeting up in London sometime.

There's certainly nothing already agreed & I don't think there will be anytime soon

I think you are being a little harsh. He's not been deliberately vague, he has named two players and said those two players are signed, sealed and delivered just not announced. It's simply either we announce Wilson and Tavernier this summer or he's passing on duff information - if so, whether deliberately or innocently who knows....

I'm sure we could all quite easily pool a list of conceivable reasons why the signings may not be announced just yet. Perhaps they are on holibobs and signed remotely, perhaps we are close to another and it thought we'd wait and announce several, maybe Cotts wants to speak to the squad about signings before announcing, or maybe we are in the process of flogging Mark Little and don't want to announce we already have a replacement for the impact on fee negotiations.

Would QPR really want Freeman? They have already signed Gladwin and Luongo to play in the middle. They may see him as a winger to replace Phillips, however I thought Freeman didn't like that role.

He'd be a better player to have than gladwin, if they want to go straight up they'd want to be as strong as possible.

I'd be very very surprised if we sold to a rival in the same division unless the offer was absurdly high.

Archived