IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

I do thin Delfounsoe could be a decent signing for a championship team, especially on a free transfer.

Lost his way a bit but some do. Being at Blackpool was never going to help him.

Realistically we could do a lot worse.

Not sure how we could do worse , he's scored less goals in his career than our centre half .

I do thin Delfounsoe could be a decent signing for a championship team, especially on a free transfer.

Lost his way a bit but some do. Being at Blackpool was never going to help him.

Realistically we could do a lot worse.

This guy has just 15 league goals in nearly 150 league games.  In comparison, Wes Burns has 8 league goals in just shy of 60 league matches, and four years Delfouneso too.

And overall last season, Burns scored more than twice the number of goals than this lad in ten fewer appearances.  

I wouldn't worry about doing worse; we already have better on the books.

He hasn't always been played as a striker though. Only just turned 24 so still time to develope under the right coaching.

Wouldn't be gutted if we signed him.

Understand that, but personally; I would be gutted, certainly if we planned on using him as a striker.

I'm not unrealistic in my expectations, but I genuinely think we can do much, much better than this lad.

When we can sign players like Freeman and Agard when in League One, we can certainly sign better than Delfonso in the Championship.

Understand that, but personally; I would be gutted, certainly if we planned on using him as a striker.

I'm not unrealistic in my expectations, but I genuinely think we can do much, much better than this lad.

When we can sign players like Freeman and Agard when in League One, we can certainly sign better than Delfonso in the Championship.

But to some Agard isn't that decent a player anyway...

• Admin

For all those looking at delfounsos stats and turning their nose up, *cough* Wilbrahim *cough*

Appreciate they are different kinds of player, but the point still stands

edit: wake up properly before posting Ian.

For all those looking at delfounsos stats and turning their nose up, *cough* Wilbrahim *cough*

Appreciate they are different kinds of player, but the point still stands

This is true, but I guess the difference is that Wilbraham had shown he could score goals previously (hitting more that Delafonso ever had in one season before), just had gone through a fallow patch. Delafonso hasn't displayed that.

Delafonso may suddenly find form, it's true, and wish him luck in doing so; I just think that in our poison (just promoted; offering Championship football) we are as attractive an option for players as we have been for a while, while this lad is perhaps needing to find his level.

Will probably go prove me wrong and grab a hatful this year, but as it stands; think we won't be looking at him.

Dale Jennings on a free anyone?

There's a reason why his contracted was terminated with a year remaining.

Why even suggest a player who's not fit for Barnsley? Unless you weren't aware about the contract termination?

If he was of any worth, they'd have kept him, at least until his contract expired.

I wonder if any of us will ever put any decent suggestions on here? Myself included. 99% of this thread isnt worth the pages it was typed on

Apparently we are in advanced talks with John McCririck's agent about a 4 year contract to be our box to box midfielder. Stumbling block is his image rights - neither party wants em.

Source: Kachina

I thought that McGoldrick might be worth a shout although i was surprised how well he did last season once i checked his stats so competition might be fierce. The same goes for Pringle.

Bolton, Fulham and Ipswich all linked with Pringle,safe to say he'll go elsewhere.

Bolton, Fulham and Ipswich all linked with Pringle,safe to say he'll go elsewhere.

He's a player I could have seen fitting in to our set up, and as I understand it is friendly with Agard from their time at Rotherham.  Plus, wouldn't have imagined he'd be beyond out means financially.

But if the names you mention there are seriously interested in him, I'd agree that it is hard to imagine we could offer more than them, were it to come down to it.

Guess were we in the chase it might be our momentum/set-up that would persuade him; personally, I don't fancy Fulham to pull up any trees next year, though Ipswich may feel they can go again, and Bolton I don't know enough about to comment.

Archived