IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

3 players Bristol City should look to sign this summer (Via Twitter). Free Agents Rudy Austin to strengthen the midfield and Liam Rosenior as wing back. With Cardiff's out of favour striker Adam Le Fondre adding goals up top. All 3 imo would be good signings!

Just noticed simon church is on a free. Only 26 and has scored at this level.

Church has got a 1:5 scoring record at Championship level.

In the 6 seasons he's played at this level he's scored 10, 5,7,1,7 and 3.

We must be looking for better than that.

Genuine question; can you think of a Sheffield based forward player we'd be after, possibly in line with a swap from a player who's not settled in his home life, thrpeoretically, of course??????

This no defo just a very dupistanr rumour up ive heard, nothing more.

Looks like you might be on to something with today's reported interest in Jamie Murphy.

But who's the City player who's not settled?

Adam El-Had?

He certainly hasn't settled, but would Sheff.Utd be interested in him?

It's a very, very distant possibility based on his Brighton career but I reckon it would most likely be a forward, and it's not going to be Wilbs. or young Wes.

All conjecture - but Wolfie does seem to be on to something with the first bit.

On a free I don't think Simon Church would be a bad signing at all - although I do wonder what sort of wedge he'd command having spent his career at this level.

His goalscoring record isn't remarkable - remarkably poor perhaps - but whenever I've seen him I always thought he was a menace. Perhaps one of those strikers who might not get you the goals, but makes up for that in those he creates for others. As we do have goals all over the pitch I think he could be a good fit here: certainly more so than say, Charlton.

For the right wage and if he was realistic in his squad status he'd definitely be one I'd strongly consider.

On a free I don't think Simon Church would be a bad signing at all - although I do wonder what sort of wedge he'd command having spent his career at this level.

His goalscoring record isn't remarkable - remarkably poor perhaps - but whenever I've seen him I always thought he was a menace. Perhaps one of those strikers who might not get you the goals, but makes up for that in those he creates for others. As we do have goals all over the pitch I think he could be a good fit here: certainly more so than say, Charlton.

For the right wage and if he was realistic in his squad status he'd definitely be one I'd strongly consider.

Indeed, big fan of Bobby in his prime, but at 77 we surely need to be looking at younger players. :blink:

Looking at the Championship transfers/released lists, I just noticed he's available. If he fits, then he'll make a good or better contribution for us.

Yannick Sagbo and Maynor Figueroa from Hull may be good shouts. Previously higher-end earners, but both could be tempted. Maynor is a bit older now and would probably settle for less and Sagbo has the attributes, but don't think he played a lot for Hull last season. Losing Wade, I think Figueroa would add much needed age and experience to the squad too.

Also, they'd both add quality, rather than match what we currently have.

Rodolph Austin could be a good un'. Not sure how he got on for Leeds this season though. Combative midfield menace when he signed, though the Leeds fans might have sapped some guile out of him?!

Other than that, not much else in terms of Championship freebees. I have noticed Joe Murphy has just signed for Chesterfield. Tommy Lee must be on his way out. He'd be great for us and Fielding as compo!

He certainly hasn't settled, but would Sheff.Utd be interested in him?

It's a very, very distant possibility based on his Brighton career but I reckon it would most likely be a forward, and it's not going to be Wilbs. or young Wes.

All conjecture - but Yorkie does seem to be on to something with the first bit.

Still groggy after my operation to remove some mass from bowel and colon, sorry lads.

There's a murmur that Agards homesick, possibly garbage and even if true it still means nowt!

I dont understand the homesick from the North stuff? Surely hes a Southerner, from London area?!

I agree, from what I can understand the reason he chose us over Leeds was he wanted to move back south.

I thought he turned down Leeds over personal terms, but anyway don't forget Agard had lived up North since 2006 when he switched to Everton's academy from Arsenal as a 16/17 year old.

Apart from a loan spell at Yeovil he'd been in the North ever since until his move to City.

Under those circumstances isn't it quite conceivable he's homesick for the North, or even perhaps that his wife/girlfriend is?

Ben Pringles posted Twitter pic chilling out with Agard. Just putting two and two together but wouldn't be suprised to see him sign for us on a free this summer. Mates with Agard, also tavernier who we still may sign and is in the mould of freeman of whom we shall need another player similar as freeman cannot do the donkey work all season

Archived