IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Signing for Leeds this week.

Sounds about right.

You would think someone rational in his situation would probably concede his career would be better served by going to a side which is settled off the field, a good set up, reasonable confidence and reasonable prospects of playoffs or better ... and yes I am talking of a side in League One.

Seems Maynard still won't put his career above his own vanity or accept a pay cut which he should be more than capable of affording by now.

This is true, but I guess the difference is that Wilbraham had shown he could score goals previously (hitting more that Delafonso ever had in one season before), just had gone through a fallow patch. Delafonso hasn't displayed that.

Delafonso may suddenly find form, it's true, and wish him luck in doing so; I just think that in our poison (just promoted; offering Championship football) we are as attractive an option for players as we have been for a while, while this lad is perhaps needing to find his level.

Will probably go prove me wrong and grab a hatful this year, but as it stands; think we won't be looking at him.

Wilbrahim also had several seasons more played.

I agree with your post, and would prefer someone else, I'm just pointing out that exactly the same things were said last season about someone who was integral to our title win

Still think almost all names mentioned on this thread are so wide of the mark of the players we now seek to sign. 

What about our players leaving ? El Abd ? Wagstaff ? Reid ? Burns ? Osbourne ? All not first team, and nt likely to be part of squad aiming to get in the Prem. Busy summer methinks.

We currently have a first team squad of just 17 players.

Beyond El-Abd I would be very surprised to see many (if any) of those others leave, because otherwise we would be looking at bringing in up to ten players this summer as opposed to the much more likely five or six.

Cotterill likes to run with a small squad and a settled one, my guess is that it will be slightly bigger than last year's but would number around 22, with the likes of Cunningham, Wagstaff, Osborne and possibly Burns and/or Reid as part of that group.

He tweeted that he's just joined a gym near Westfield Shopping Centre to stay fit ready for pre-season training but not divulged any more than that.

He should be staying fit as possible. He turned for up pre-season at City carrying a great deal of timber and got a serious bollocking.

Sounds about right.

You would think someone rational in his situation would probably concede his career would be better served by going to a side which is settled off the field, a good set up, reasonable confidence and reasonable prospects of playoffs or better ... and yes I am talking of a side in League One.

Seems Maynard still won't put his career above his own vanity or accept a pay cut which he should be more than capable of affording by now.

Sounds about right.

To be fair when you look at the strikers Leeds have then he could get some good game time there

To be fair when you look at the strikers Leeds have then he could get some good game time there

I think you're right but its just so far from the lad we were led to believe he was whilst at Crewe. He's now mercenary. I would have thought he is in exactly the type of position to take 1 step back to take 2 forwards. Instead just seems to be bumbling along and not really settling anywhere and I can't see Leeds being the ones to change that.

When we apparently let JET leave without even making an offer to keep him, I thought we must have Matt Smith or someone all lined up to come in (like we did Freeman last season)... so a bit disappointed that this does not appear to be the case...

I'm still under the illusion we have someone lined up to replace him already! I'm still hoping either Tom Bradshaw or Matt Smith!

When we apparently let JET leave without even making an offer to keep him, I thought we must have Matt Smith or someone all lined up to come in (like we did Freeman last season)... so a bit disappointed that this does not appear to be the case...

Still very early in the summer yet Eastender. Lots of speculation/rumours in the football world but not many permanent deals have been announced yet. After last summers shrewd transfer dealings I got not worries at all that were on track behind the scenes regards to any in-comings.

I think you're right but its just so far from the lad we were led to believe he was whilst at Crewe. He's now mercenary. I would have thought he is in exactly the type of position to take 1 step back to take 2 forwards. Instead just seems to be bumbling along and not really settling anywhere and I can't see Leeds being the ones to change that.

It's a short career, you can't blame him for wanting to stay in the championship if he gets an offer for probably a fair bit more than a league 1 club

Archived