IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

The clueless Lee Clarke played Andrew Shinnie out of position hence his poor spell under him. Has since flourished under Rowett playing in behind the striker. He will do well their next season. Meekings is a good shout but the gem to get at Inverness/Scotland was/is Ryan Christie.

I still cringe at the thought of this club paying a combined 1.4 million on Sproule & Clarkson but there is Championship standard players in the SPL if you look hard enough!

The clueless Lee Clarke played Andrew Shinnie out of position hence his poor spell under him. Has since flourished under Rowett playing in behind the striker. He will do well their next season. Meekings is a good shout but the gem to get at Inverness/Scotland was/is Ryan Christie.

I still cringe at the thought of this club paying a combined 1.4 million on Sproule & Clarkson but there is Championship standard players in the SPL if you look hard enough!

Too true, all three of these are out of our scope but to those stupidly saying a blanket no to all Scots, do they honestly believe Christophe Berra at the back, Charlie Adam in midfield and Steven Fletcher up front wouldn't improve us, then?

Too true, all three of these are out of our scope but to those stupidly saying a blanket no to all Scots, do they honestly believe Christophe Berra at the back, Charlie Adam in midfield and Steven Fletcher up front wouldn't improve us, then?

Yep. Identifying and acting early is also the key.

It didn't even cross my mind until I saw him on the bench today. Would benefit everyone involved - couldn't see him being a guaranteed starter but with another permanent signing (with a bit more experience) would complement Smith and Pack very nicely.

It didn't even cross my mind until I saw him on the bench today. Would benefit everyone involved - couldn't see him being a guaranteed starter but with another permanent signing (with a bit more experience) would complement Smith and Pack very nicely.

I know Harry on here amongst others have been following him for years, I haven't seen him much personally but there are guys on here that have that really know their stuff that rate him hugely!

The only one on that list that I would consider possible, and maybe would like us to go for is Damian Martinez, but I actually read somewhere that he was likely to stay with Arsenal, so even that doesn't sound too realistic.

I think Inverness have a few English lads in their team, don't they? They seem to have scouted lower league here very well in the last couple of seasons. Sure I read they qualified for Europe this season too, fair play to them

As for those QPR lads, they have been named & shamed as being part of the 'bad apples', or whatever the expression was, that Barton spoke of

Wallace, seen a little of him, looks a very good player at L2 level

I'm looking forward to seeing who we bring in this summer, hopefully a little experience, littered with some of the best young prospects from L1 / L2. Complete faith in the people making the decisions

That's the one, cheers Cider red.

Certainly looked able to play above league 1 that day. Anyone seen or know much about him other than the home game against us?

Or am I being unrealistic in the sense he's onto better things or not good enough to help us progress?

Peter Vincenti is a really good player in my opinion and at the level I'm sure we could afford/attract. I've seen him play at Rochdale against us but also in another 'dale game. He's been decent and their most threatening player both times.

Liam Rosenior at right wing back anyone? There aren't many realistic targets on that Premier League list though

I doubt SL would touch him with a barge pole.

I will re-phrase that.. if you believe everything you hear around the old oak tree at the bottom of the village green you would probably not want billy big boots back.

I may have totally mis-read that though.

I doubt SL would touch him with a barge pole.

I will re-phrase that.. if you believe everything you hear around the old oak tree at the bottom of the village green you would probably not want billy big boots back.

I may have totally mis-read that though.

To be fair, I would both hope, and not imagine, that anyone would be ruled out solely on the basis of what they were like 12 years ago when they were a teenager!  If, after due diligence he miraculously hasn't matured in that time, then fair enough, or if he isn't deemed good enough.  But to be honest, if he wants to come and wouldn't command a ridiculous wage then you have a talented lad there with bags of top flight experience.

Chris McCann, rumoured that we wanted him on loan this season but Wigan didn't want to let him go. Definitely possible permanent signing now they've gone down, and Cotterill has managed him previously

Good shout.

Year left on his deal from what I can find, but would be a decent replacement for Elliot in the centre.

This is more like it chaps. Jed Wallace is a fantastic young talent and I'd have him here in 2 shakes of a lambs tail if I were in charge.

Cost? Mmm...tricky one. Pompey know he's hot and will eek as much out of a deal as they can.

As for Wolves' rumoured interest, they're recruiting very well under Jackett, but amazed he's let Sahko's deal wind-down.

One midfielder probably surplus at Wolves but still very much good enough at Champ level is Lee Evans. Would like us to be having a word re him.

Being a Newport lad, might geography play a factor?

Archived