IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Will not be going anywhere. Will not want to throw away the achievements of this season by making a sideway movement and will want to grow with the club. Don't think you will be going up with all due respect. Will take a few mill to stand the slightest chance

Blimey - Ipswich a side ways step? A much bigger club than we are, and Flint would make an awful lot more money there I suspect. The fact of the matter here is that Ipswich don't splash big money around, or haven't for a while, so I see no way this happens. But a side ways step it ain't

Hi Lads

Tractor boy here asking a few Q`s about Aden Flint. Rumours going around we are going for him whether we stay up or down. I know he's tall but can he play the ball?

Thanks

Good luck next season:-)

Maybe if you go up you could afford him, but if you stay down...? I thought you were skint?

Hi Lads

Tractor boy here asking a few Q`s about Aden Flint. Rumours going around we are going for him whether we stay up or down. I know he's tall but can he play the ball?

Thanks

I'd be very surprised if we sell to someone in our division unless it's a stupid offer. If you go up its more likely, but would be a risky signing given that he's never played at that level!

Blimey - Ipswich a side ways step? A much bigger club than we are, and Flint would make an awful lot more money there I suspect. The fact of the matter here is that Ipswich don't splash big money around, or haven't for a while, so I see no way this happens. But a side ways step it ain't

I live near Ipswich and there is no way they are a much bigger club than we are. They have a better past record than we do granted, but they don't get big crowds and I see absolutely no reason to think with our new stadium etc and the financial clout of our chairman, that we should not be competing on at least a level playing field. To be frank, they are not that good at all -the quality of their football is awful and I would not swap our squad for theirs at the moment. And yet they finished 6th and still have a chance in the playoff, though i think Norwich will beat them.Living on past glories.

I live near Ipswich and there is no way they are a much bigger club than we are. They have a better past record than we do granted, but they don't get big crowds and I see absolutely no reason to think with our new stadium etc and the financial clout of our chairman, that we should not be competing on at least a level playing field. To be frank, they are not that good at all -the quality of their football is awful and I would not swap our squad for theirs at the moment. And yet they finished 6th and still have a chance in the playoff, though i think Norwich will beat them.Living on past glories.

I haven't seen a lot of them, but they don't play good football. They clearly had one tactic against Norwich and it wasn't short sharp passing football. But they didn't lose, so fair play to them.

I wonder what ballpark figure we'd be looking at?

Ipswich av around 18 - 20k they've won the top division 2nd division 3rd divison on multipul occasions as well as the UEFA cup,

I'd say they are a much bigger club then us with fair mor sucess

Ipswich av around 18 - 20k they've won the top division 2nd division 3rd divison on multipul occasions as well as the UEFA cup,

That's an impressive history, but does it make them a big club?

Are Nottingham Forest bigger than Everton?

Hi Lads

Thanks

If you get promoted then I don't see we could stand in his way. If you don't then I doubt Flint would move to a team in the same division or that we'd sell him. As much as I absolutely love the bloke, I'm not convinced he could play in the Premier League. But then again, this time last year I wasn't convinced he could play in League 1 and he's been incredible this season. Prove me wrong Aden, but do it with Bristol City!

no but it does make them a bigger club then us, they've been in a higher league a lot longer then us, and had far more sucsess,

it doesn't mean that one day we can become bigger,

10-15 years ago I wouldn't of classed Southampton as a big club but the recent history I would change my mind and say yes they are,

as with stoke and swansea two clubs I would say were on par with us 10 years ago but now I would class the as bigger because of the time they've had in the top flight,

For some reason I just can't see this happening.

In recent years I'd have said that we were potentially a club that may sell, however I think it's not just the desire of the fans to become a premier league team but one of the owner.

I think the building of the "new" stadium shows our intent, a club selling their best players will never achieve that dream, unless we get ridiculous offers from MUCH bigger clubs then I just can't see this kind of transfer happening.............unless flinty likes partying with hay and tractors.......

Their crowds are bigger than ours, and I can't remember the last time we were in a higher league than them. In my eyes that makes them bigger. New shiny stadium and potential spending power of SL is to be seen, if we can class ourselves as a bigger club than Ipswich in the next 5 to 8 years because of all of that then I'd be a happy man

Stop talking sense, Monkeh

One for another thread - but if English clubs weren't banned after Heysel then I suspect that the fantastic team Everton had at the time would've had a very good chance of equalling Forests' two European Cups. And for the fact that Everton have never been relegated then I'd say that Everton are a much bigger club than Forest. Does this mean that Forest are bigger than Chelsea too? I get the argument though, Fordy

I'm not saying that Ipswich aren't a bigger club, I just wasn't particularly keen on some of the reasoning.

I'd say they're a bigger club. Like it or not we're a yoyo championship/league one team at present.

Although it feels like we may have turned the corner. Maybe. Time will tell.

Shame you didn't notice the thread entitled:

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours

"Miss, miss, badger didn't put his thread in the right place"   :sad26:

Mods, feel free to move this, its obviously deeply troubling for Mr Riot. 

P.s This is neither a transfer, speculation or rumour. I just wanted peoples opinion on the player.  

Archived