IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Not the most reliable source but my Uncle has just text me saying he had a client from london in this afternoon saying we're trying to sign Glenn Murray from Palace.

Take of it what you will but just thought I'd share what I've been told.

Can't see it given how much he was playing for Palace but it'd be a superb signing.

Harry, maybe you need to contact the club with your list and tell them to pull their finger out!

Agreed. Couldn't you get a Summer job in Keith Burt's office on work experience or something Harry?

And then be a little bit pushy for a 'young'un'?

Can one of those knowledgeable people on here who are deeply relaxed about the lack of signings try and explain what is happening for me. A self confessed worrier who sees last seasons template that worked so well simply being jettisoned.The bit I find particularly difficult to understand is surely the best targets go first and as time progresses you are left with those who are not that desirable or who are too dear.

Secondly I can understand to some extent that chasing players from the likes of Hull will be potentially a long and drawn out affair but what about signing of a promising youngster from one of the big premiership teams , something a number of clubs in our division have done , surely that would not have to wait until the end of the window. Or indeed the signing of a good player from League 1 who is hungry to try his chances in the Championship, Again why is this something that can only be achieved at the end of the window.

I imagine  the response might be trust Cotts he knows what he is doing and there is a lot to be said for that argument. But I still cannot see the benefit of this approach and why it was seemingly stated before the window opened. Surely we had targets  and you would thought some might have agreed to join by now.

I hope we will not waste the legacy of last season.

Can one of those knowledgeable people on here who are deeply relaxed about the lack of signings try and explain what is happening for me. A self confessed worrier who sees last seasons template that worked so well simply being jettisoned.The bit I find particularly difficult to understand is surely the best targets go first and as time progresses you are left with those who are not that desirable or who are too dear.

Secondly I can understand to some extent that chasing players from the likes of Hull will be potentially a long and drawn out affair but what about signing of a promising youngster from one of the big premiership teams , something a number of clubs in our division have done , surely that would not have to wait until the end of the window. Or indeed the signing of a good player from League 1 who is hungry to try his chances in the Championship, Again why is this something that can only be achieved at the end of the window.

I imagine the response might be trust Cotts he knows what he is doing and there is a lot to be said for that argument. But I still cannot see the benefit of this approach and why it was seemingly stated before the window opened. Surely we had targets and you would thought some might have agreed to join by now.

I hope we will not waste the legacy of last season.

To summarise, we want the right players when they come available rather than any player as soon as possible. It's incredibly ******* boring and more than a little frustrating, but I suspect the transfer plan is to get in 3 or 4 quality players permanently and then use the loan market. Last season we were integrating 7 new players into the starting line up so an early start was essential. Less new players means less need for time to get them to gel

The outs are more concerning than the ins - losing JET, our captain, a good back-up defender in Osborne + Tavernier/Saville, who added further options to the squad, without one replacement and less than a month until the start of the season. Agard injured, hardly any rumours/activity whatsoever - it is a bit worrying.

We have a great consolation in the fact that we still maintain the core of a squad (albeiit small) that has some incredibly talented players and a group that we all know work well together. I just hope we can start bringing people in before the Portugal trip.

Basically, there is a plan. They have players in mind that they want and think can make the squad deeper. Right now, it's not panning out as we would have hoped and possibly the same for management. So it comes down to this, panic and buy someone who may not fit/perform/be affordable? Or do we just stay the course, continue to scout and talk about moves and eventually add players that will fit in a bit better? It seems as if the latter is true.

Of course some moves have been made by most teams now and it is pretty boring and a bit frustrating but I trust their process. They're not stupid. They know what is needed. I'm quite happy knowing they're not gonna just splash the cash on whatever is available. I'm just as anxious for a signing as most but when it comes I know he will improve the squad. That's the important part.

Firstly I know goals came from many members of our squad last season but....... I would suggest that they will have to concentrate on their own tasks more in the championship this season.

With one striker already injured and another injury prone, I believe we will come up very short if we go with what we have this season.

A proven class striker is the minimum requirement and sooner rather than later.

Another one of your targets went to Blackpool

3 of my targets have gone to Blackpool, rather interestingly. Brad Potts from Carlisle, Jack Redshaw from Morecombe and Lloyd Jones on loan from Liverpool.

Firstly I know goals came from many members of our squad last season but....... I would suggest that they will have to concentrate on their own tasks more in the championship this season.

With one striker already injured and another injury prone, I believe we will come up very short if we go with what we have this season.

A proven class striker is the minimum requirement and sooner rather than later.

I would say if we go with what we've got were ******, 5-6 quality players minimum to progress next year, anything less will be a major misjudgement by the club

I would say if we go with what we've got were ******, 5-6 quality players minimum to progress next year, anything less will be a major misjudgement by the club

we aint bringing in 5-6 ............2 or 3 maybe.

We have undoubted team spirit and just have to stay in this div... whatever the cost; with our lot now off to Portugal the clock is ticking and the new season will almost be here on there return.

We will be playing some big boys this season, with some class players.......its going to be tough....imputs required.

Agree with last season's SQUAD, but we're two key players down (Wade and Jet), Little possibly not fully fit at the start of the season and Agard out. 5-6 players needed if we are to do well.

try 3 players down; you can add Smith missing to that, he was vital to us getting out of the 3rd tier.

We have undoubted team spirit and just have to stay in this div... whatever the cost; with our lot now off to Portugal the clock is ticking and the new season will almost be here on there return.

We will be playing some big boys this season, with some class players.......its going to be tough....imputs required.

We have a squad of 16 not enough to even fill the bench, if we only bring in 2-3 we will struggle!

3 of my targets have gone to Blackpool, rather interestingly. Brad Potts from Carlisle, Jack Redshaw from Morecombe and Lloyd Jones on loan from Liverpool.

I've always quite liked Redshaw. Haven't seen much of the other two. I think Blackpool's geography has probably helped them there, especially with the Liverpool signing. That's one genuine disadvantage we have compared to northern teams we can't do anything about!

We have a squad of 16 not enough to even fill the bench, if we only bring in 2-3 we will struggle!

Sorry, can't agree. We may only sign 2-3 permenant transfers but we'll bring loanees in after that. No way we will risk such a threadbare squad this year.

Archived